Dallas Branch Public Library to close...

Dallas Branch Public Library to close due to lack of State funding

Posted in the Dallas Forum

Granville the 3rd

Bossier City, LA

#1 Apr 3, 2013
Just saw on the TV news at lunch today where the public library in Dallas is set to close down on 1 May due to more budget cuts.

Reporter said the books would all be shipped to the library in Gastonia, while the librarians are going to have to relocated to another library somewhere in the State.

Rumor is that the building is going to then be renovated and used for Town Council meetings and City Planning meetings. Don't know if the County Commissioners will meet there also or not.

Supposedly the building will also be available for rent to non-profit organizations like the Masons, Kiwanis, and John Birch Society.

Renovations will include new carpeting, installation of a full kitchen, new roof, and finishing out some rooms that were started but never finished in the back of the library.

I hate to see the library close, it was good for us older folks and good for the kids too, to do research and stuff for school. I don't know how they can close it down. There are usually lots of folks in there during the day when I go.

I guess now we'll have to drive down to Bessemer City to go to their NEW library that the State somehow found money for in their budget.

Anyone else suspect that the Dallas library was sacraficed and closed so Bessemer City could get a brand new library built?

This is not fair, and I will be writing to my Congress man and talking to the pastors of several local churches about this. This is censorship and nothing more than liberals getting rid of books so that honest Americans will have no way to be informed about what is going on in America.

If you can't see this is just another step in making mindless slaves of us all, serving the government for it's own purposes. My prayers are with the Dallas Branch Public Library and America.
Daryl

Charlotte, NC

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Dallas rednecks can't read anyway. For that matter, neither can Bessemer City rednecks.
Raymond Erstwhite

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2013
And what does your other brother Daryl have to say about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dead fox found in Lincolnton dog lot tests posi... 1 hr Look at that 3
Sheriff election 7 hr Deerhunter13 19
WBTV tonight at 6 Wed Ooops 16
Brent Heavner- where is he? (Nov '17) May 21 Citizen 211
Lazy Police May 20 Rayford 13
The New Sheriff May 19 Raging C Redneck 15
Hookers May 17 Eatsumpie 6

Dallas Jobs

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages