Selling Gaston County: Four propertie...

Selling Gaston County: Four properties sell for more than $300,000

There are 5 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jun 26, 2009, titled Selling Gaston County: Four properties sell for more than $300,000. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Real estate transactions represent transfer of real property recorded with the Gaston County Register of Deeds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Belmont Market

Rockingham, NC

#1 Jun 26, 2009
This is encouraging news to see this many properties selling. Less encouraging is the fact that my home is now worth 25-35% less in value than it was 2 years ago. Depressing..
Irl Dixon

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jun 26, 2009
Since January 1st, the average listing price in Gaston County was $157,513. The average listing price of houses that actually sold was $121,713 and the average sales price for those houses was $109,928 or roughly 95%. The average days on market was 103.
Harvey Elmore

Matthews, NC

#3 Jun 26, 2009
But were these values of the past realistic or exactly what happen to the rest of the country? At some point it has to level off or at least slow down.

I wonder how many of these were investments that people needed to get from under, people moving up, or people moving out? And I wonder how many of these sells were to people coming in from a market that was much higher in cost and thought they were getting a deal.
Irl Dixon

Raleigh, NC

#4 Jun 26, 2009
Harvey, from what I see in the Belmont area, if your house is under about $125,000 it's business as usual. If your house is over that price, there is no appreciation and the higher the price, the larger the percentage you will lose. Houses in the $250,000 range are going at big loses or just sitting there. I saw a relocation company sell a 2 year old $294,000 home in Southpoint Ridge the other day for $217,000!!! I saw a bank owned home that originally sold last year for $300,000 on the market for less than $250,000. There is a problem but sales have been good. Not because the economy is turning but because of the bargains. If your house was worth $250,000 or more last year, it probably has depreciated about 5-10%. If you are below $125,000, you are about even or made a small gain. This is a ballpark estimate. As we get closer to the expiration for the first time home owner $8000 tax credit in December, I expect things to surge and maybe a small increase in home values. I hope the panic to get the credit will cause a buying frenzy.
Harvey Elmore

Matthews, NC

#5 Jun 26, 2009
Irl Dixon wrote:
Harvey, from what I see in the Belmont area, if your house is under about $125,000 it's business as usual. If your house is over that price, there is no appreciation and the higher the price, the larger the percentage you will lose. Houses in the $250,000 range are going at big loses or just sitting there. I saw a relocation company sell a 2 year old $294,000 home in Southpoint Ridge the other day for $217,000!!! I saw a bank owned home that originally sold last year for $300,000 on the market for less than $250,000. There is a problem but sales have been good. Not because the economy is turning but because of the bargains. If your house was worth $250,000 or more last year, it probably has depreciated about 5-10%. If you are below $125,000, you are about even or made a small gain. This is a ballpark estimate. As we get closer to the expiration for the first time home owner $8000 tax credit in December, I expect things to surge and maybe a small increase in home values. I hope the panic to get the credit will cause a buying frenzy.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any one else hear about Jeremy Sextons gay affair? Sep 26 Gives good head 8
Christians Who Have Concerns About Purity & Mod... (Mar '10) Sep 23 asdf 47
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 23 asdf 32
News McCrory to address public about gas price gougi... Sep 23 Hades 5
Police Dept backstabbing Sep 23 Incredulous 4
Catholic vs Baptist Sep 17 asdf 5
New Gaston County Arrests and mugshot (Feb '14) Sep 17 asdf 4

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages