Dividing the flock: Issue of whether to allow gay pastors proves divisive at many Lutheran churches

Jan 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Gaston Gazette

Whether to stay with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has been a heart-wrenching decision for many local Lutheran churches, driven by a variety issues including its stance on allowing homosexuals to be church leaders.

Comments
781 - 784 of 784 Comments Last updated Oct 16, 2012
First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

You and your kind are the problems with these United States.. Spoiled brats who have had everything handed to them...
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

NEXT PLEASE....:)

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell you this Jesse, it is sinful. direct from the old testament, book of Leviticus:
Leviticus 18: 22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination.
What do you have to say about the truth now?
oh yes liv 18:22 the ONE AND ONLY verse in the entire old testiment that christians like you seem to follow. You do know that you must follow ALL or NONE right you cant pick and chose like a buffett line in vegas
liv 19:19 19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

so do you have a dog that is NOT purebread? if so you are going against the bible. Do you have more than one thing in your garden? do you wear cotten nylon or cotton wool blends in your clothes?
liv 19:26 “‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.
do you eat rare or medeum rare stakes?
liv 19:27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
do you get your hair cut or do you shave your face?
liv 19:33 33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.
are you for all immigration?
liv 19:18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
do you truly love your neighbor as yourself, or do you have a grudge aginst anyone?
liv 19:23-25 23 “‘When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.[b] For three years you are to consider it forbidden[c]; it must not be eaten. 24 In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. 25 But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God.
do you wait 5 years to eat fruit off trees?

once again you cant pick and choose you have to follow it ALL or none of it not just follow what works for you and ignore everything else
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

JessicaDawn wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yes liv 18:22 the ONE AND ONLY verse in the entire old testiment that christians like you seem to follow. You do know that you must follow ALL or NONE right you cant pick and chose like a buffett line in vegas
liv 19:19 19 “‘Keep my decrees.
“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.
“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
so do you have a dog that is NOT purebread? if so you are going against the bible. Do you have more than one thing in your garden? do you wear cotten nylon or cotton wool blends in your clothes?
liv 19:26 “‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.
do you eat rare or medeum rare stakes?
liv 19:27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
do you get your hair cut or do you shave your face?
liv 19:33 33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.
are you for all immigration?
liv 19:18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
do you truly love your neighbor as yourself, or do you have a grudge aginst anyone?
liv 19:23-25 23 “‘When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.[b] For three years you are to consider it forbidden[c]; it must not be eaten. 24 In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. 25 But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God.
do you wait 5 years to eat fruit off trees?
once again you cant pick and choose you have to follow it ALL or none of it not just follow what works for you and ignore everything else
No,we all cannot do these things you listed.Thats why jesus came and died on the cross,so that ALL sin is forgiven,if you brlieve that jesus did this wonderful sacRifice for you and me and the rest of the world.Its called GRACE.yOU HAVE A CHOICE,he WILL NOT SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT.Its all up to you to accept it or not.Remember,that i do not have to pay for any sin that you commit,only my own and vice versa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••