Gang Fight at North Gaston last Friday

Gang Fight at North Gaston last Friday

Posted in the Dallas Forum

Concerned Alum

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2008
What does everyone think about the fight that was reported in the Gazette on Saturday. It's awful those kids think are some kind of hard core gang bangers. That is not how it was when I went to North Gaston. Those little bastards would'nt last two hours in a real gang city like L.A.
Jaketx

Red Oak, TX

#2 Oct 24, 2008
Let them kill each other. We have to many useless people in this country. Killing each other off is a good thing.
keep ur opinion 2 urself

Salisbury, NC

#3 Oct 28, 2008
I know all of those "little bastards" & honestly life has not dealt them a good hand. NONE OF THEM. I am related to two of them and good friends with one. Let me run it down...one's brother was murdered while walking home from church in 2006 and hmmm...that really can live a child in a "messed" up position. The others well they haven't had a good life either...but the thing is no one stepped in and said HEY let's show these kids that their is a better way...you can achieve greatness, or that hard work pays off. All they've gotten is the negative. While some family members try to help them...it would help if non-family members would try to give them some guidance too. A little concern can go a long way in the eyes of children...and honestly these boys are still have the mindset of a child.
Concerned Alum

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2008
Boo Hoo Hoo, Life hands everyone a bad hand sometime. I find it hard very hard to believe that someone how can write as intelligent a post as you have could be related to a bunch of wanna be thugs who can not put together a complete sentence. You expect people to believe that just because someone is killed, or people have harships that those people get a free pass to act like idiots...... I don't think so. Attitude is a decision. People choose to be good or bad. These "little bastards" choose to act like hard core gang bangers when in actuality they would piss down their leg if they really had to be.
keep ur opinion 2 urself

Salisbury, NC

#5 Oct 31, 2008
First of all, everyone handles grief differently and if their is no one to help you handle death...especially a violent unneeded murder...kids can turn to the wrong place. Honestly, like I said I know 3 of the boys on a very personal level, and yeah the need their a$$e$ whipped, that's what I would do to mine if they were out of line, (but unfortunately, foster parents can't do that). What I was saying is that life has not been easy for them. When society writes you off and the system f's/u over instead of making things better for themselves, proving everyone wrong, they are making things harder and proving them to be right.
Alum as well

Sophia, WV

#6 Nov 3, 2010
Concerned Alum wrote:
Boo Hoo Hoo, Life hands everyone a bad hand sometime. I find it hard very hard to believe that someone how can write as intelligent a post as you have could be related to a bunch of wanna be thugs who can not put together a complete sentence. You expect people to believe that just because someone is killed, or people have harships that those people get a free pass to act like idiots...... I don't think so. Attitude is a decision. People choose to be good or bad. These "little bastards" choose to act like hard core gang bangers when in actuality they would piss down their leg if they really had to be.
Sounds like they had a support system within some family. They are teens, young adults, they know right from wrong. Unless they are mentally incapacitated there is no excuse for their actions.
I'm a child of the foster system and no, I have never used that as an excuse for bad judgement. I have lose a close family member before my eyes, and I didn't use that as an excuse to act out, it only made me want to be a better person.
So no, there is no excuse that can be made for these young adults. By doing so is just giving them a crutch to wear orange jumpsuits in the future.
I do agree with mentoring our youth, but sometimes they are beyond it.
ex-Arlington Texan

Alpine, CA

#7 May 24, 2013
I was the victim of human trafficking between 1998-1999. My captors were a Black gangbanging couple. One of them was from Dallas. They had forced me into giving them free rides around Arlington and the rest of the Metroplex so that they could sell and distribute cannabis. This had gone on for 11 months. They had raised immense profits at the expense of my enslavement. They had also used this money to acquire more illegal capital for their click (drugs and guns). Throughout this time I was not paid anything, I was under heavy control, I could not change peers, my movement was restricted, I was forced to do things, I had worked 16 hours/day and 7 days/week, I was forced to accept their dope so that I would always be in debt to them, I was exposed to dangers such as loaded guns, thieves, and other gangbangers, I did not receive any breaks except at the couple's dope clients' driveways, I had food and water restricted for the entire shift, I was not allowed to attend/study my classes that I was enrolled in at TCJC SE, and I was not allowed to make friends or look at females. Fortunately, I am in the process of filing charges against this couple through Mosaic Family Services. If my case gets accepted then I will want to put my story on the media. When this happens I do not think that too many youths will be excited about joining gangs due to the fact that gangbanging in the DFW area will soon come to symbolize slavery. No youth, especially a colored one, is going to be proud of that.
Lee

Bostic, NC

#8 May 30, 2013
Lets get that on ESPN and watch the punks kill each other! Good job!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Robert Vincent Redmond 3 hr poster 1
Shooting on King Wilkinson Rd. Thu poster 1
Jerry's One Stop robbed 8-14-2017 Thu poster 2
Sheriff's Facebook Thu White Rabbit 2
News Police: Lincolnton man shot wife in head (May '13) Aug 16 wondering 7
News Some restaurants hope to take advantage of 'bru... Aug 16 I agree 2
News 10 face drug charges Updated at Aug 12 hmmmm 7

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance