former resident

Decatur, GA

#22 Jun 29, 2012
Do you realize how many people stay on the welfare payroll for fear of losing health care, or go on it to get it?

This is the first step to eliminating that problem.
Just my opinion

United States

#23 Jun 29, 2012
I surely don't believe that the people that I have seen at the hospital are there for "primary or preventive care" And if so some of the women meed to start using some of the "prevenitive care" or shut their legs! I just recently seen a whole waiting room at the ER with 2 women who's back hurt (I'm not sure but I would say they just wanted prescription pain pills) and another lady who said her son didn't feel good (are you serious?) and so on and so on and here I am scared to death to take my child because I have a $ 200.00 ER copay! The time I waited I listened and EVERYONE had medicaid but then sat down and preceded to pull out their iphones and play games and I'm sorry but if you can afford an iPhone and the monthly service than you can afford to find a primary care doctor who gives discounts for cash customers and stop STEALING my tax dollars!. I HAVE health insurance which costs about as much as some others rent a month for the premium but we work our butt off to have it! And if most of the "able people" would work to have it maybe mine wouldn't be so high. I get so angry everytime I get an EOB in the mail and look at the charges and realize that it's to pay for all the others milking the system.
Just my opinion

United States

#24 Jun 29, 2012
Sorry....I meant NEED:)

And also people think just because they have Medicaid they can just go to the ER everytime the wind blows a different direction and that should be considered insurance fraud and they should be prosecuted!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25 Jun 29, 2012
former resident wrote:
Do you realize how many people stay on the welfare payroll for fear of losing health care, or go on it to get it?
This is the first step to eliminating that problem.
Do you HONESTLY think that ONE person is going to give up their welfare check because they can get healthcare???? Unless their healthcare is TOTALLY free (and most likely not even then), Partner, they aren't giving up their welfare check. Sheesh.....
Lollybump

Carrollton, GA

#26 Jun 30, 2012
WhiteWoman wrote:
When it was ROMMEYCARE...it was fine for everyone, but since its OBAMACARE...its no good...you all a bunch of hypocrites...go back to europe....Obama 2012
you eat dog farts.
former resident

Decatur, GA

#27 Jun 30, 2012
There are a number of people receiving welfare checks in the amount of 500 or 600 a month or some other pretty low number to live on....

Whatever reason they ended up on the system, lets say its mental disability here, since I am the most familiar with those, and they don't try getting back into the working system, for fear of losing health care, no matter how stable they become. If you eliminate that issue, a number of people will return to work, because they will come out financially better when they do. Even working minimum wage.

I can't tell you the number of people who stay on the system, solely for fear of losing health care coverage and not being able to get it again, and fear having a breakdown without it, nor being able to afford their medication which is keeping them stable.

when we address health care we will reduce the dependency on welfare. i am not saying all people, but there will be a reduction in dependency.

I do believe that people will give up a welfare check for 500 a month, to get a job for 1500 a month, if their fear of losing health care disappears.

The system set up as is, doesn't work in getting people off of the system. It is set up to keep people on it.
Nationalized health care is the first step, while it appears to be the exact opposite, its not.
Because so many end up on it, to receive health care.

We also increase our entrepreneurs. The number of people with great ideas, but afraid to start their own business, for fear of losing jobs and losing health care will disappear.

Location hidden

#28 Jun 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to explain. I suppose I see it as although they might give up their welfare check for a much higher paying job, where will they acquire a job such as that? The joblessness is still a major problem. Additionally, going from one government dependent area into another is not my idea of progress.

This MAY be a first step. I believe that is debatable due to the economy as a whole. Perhaps when the economy improves, I'll agree, but for now, I'm just not buying it. Again, thank you so much.
former resident

Decatur, GA

#29 Jun 30, 2012
The jobs will come from entrepreneurs, and that is the place where I have witnessed the most disregard, in spite of our stated words.

What has happened to the self starter in this country is appalling, and some but not all of it is related to health care.

Location hidden

#30 Jun 30, 2012
With the economy such as it is, how can an entrepreneur possibly make it? If he/she has been on welfare, where will the seed money come from? Banks? Not very likely. At least any new employees will know not to expect healthcare coverage from their employer. IMO, it will take a GIANT leap of faith to try and start a new business in this economic climate. Just thinking....

Since: Oct 11

Douglasville, GA

#31 Jun 30, 2012
Rightwing wrote:
Justice Robert's did a great job reviewing this law and determining weather to allow this law to stand,well Obama will be reelected 4 more years....it will take billions of tax payer dollars to try to repeal this law !!!
Read this closely and I think you will feel differently about the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare...Give it a shot!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/the_ch...
former resident

Decatur, GA

#32 Jun 30, 2012
It takes giant faith, and giant will.

I doubt the entrepreneurs will come from the welfare system, I believe those on welfare will work for the entrepreneurs first. And those entrepreneurial, are less likely to end up in the welfare system, with health care addressed.

The seed money originates out of innovation.
Bigdave

Douglasville, GA

#33 Jun 30, 2012
lomow wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this closely and I think you will feel differently about the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare...Give it a shot!
I read it. I think a bad ruling is a bad ruling anyway you try to spin it. I could have been born a girl instead of a boy. That way I might have been a sexy Hollywood actress. On the other hand I might have been dirt ugly and ended up average middle class like I am now. I think the guy screwed up or came out of his liberal closet to do his dirty deed.

Location hidden

#34 Jun 30, 2012
lomow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read several articles in regard to this. It's all over the media. It is now beginning to seem as if he is a GREAT conservative. This may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened for conservatives moving toward the election.

Location hidden

#35 Jun 30, 2012
former resident wrote:
It takes giant faith, and giant will.
I doubt the entrepreneurs will come from the welfare system, I believe those on welfare will work for the entrepreneurs first. And those entrepreneurial, are less likely to end up in the welfare system, with health care addressed.
The seed money originates out of innovation.
Read your first post to me. You seem to be going in circles. Your reasoning is not making sense.

Location hidden

#36 Jun 30, 2012
Bigdave wrote:
<quoted text> I read it. I think a bad ruling is a bad ruling anyway you try to spin it. I could have been born a girl instead of a boy. That way I might have been a sexy Hollywood actress. On the other hand I might have been dirt ugly and ended up average middle class like I am now. I think the guy screwed up or came out of his liberal closet to do his dirty deed.
Hey, BD, read this one. I'm not trying to change your mind, but it may make you feel a little differently. Of course, it could be me just trying to make sense our of something that doesn't make sense. I'll be interested in your opinion.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/06/9398-why-chie...
former resident

Decatur, GA

#37 Jul 1, 2012
Synnergy, my posts are not all showing up. What I am trying to say is this is the formula. We are not there. We just took the first baby step.

Welfare recipients return to jobs, because fear of losing health care disappears as a motivator for staying on the dole, and they will earn more working then the welfare check provides.

Those with jobs, who want to start jobs, become entrepreneurs. Those leaving the welfare system go work for the entrepreneurs. Fear of losing health care stops being a deterrent for starting a business.

I doubt the welfare recipients become entrepreneurs first, but might, because the ability to start a business is a mindset and I don't think welfare recipients have that mindset just yet.

Where does the seed money come from in this economy? It comes from innovation.

Where does innovation come from? It originates from private sector.

How does the government benefit if it comes from private sector?

The public and private partner so everybody wins. They look for each other.
It's a good fit, they have opposite skills.

And that is where I think we go from here. The public works at finding innovators to partner with to support health care, and then establishes a system to put it in place.And innovators work at partnering with government.

Current barriers that are still very real with nationalized health care are lack of health care professionals, and red tape.

And one unrelated note. If the government legalized marijuana, regulated it, and taxed it, they could fund health care without increasing taxes.
Chalkies4Obama

Douglasville, GA

#38 Jul 1, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhh...I'm going to tell you a secret. The healthcare that Romney passed was designed specifically for MASSACHUSETTS AND NOT FOR EVERYONE.
You still haven't enlightened us as to how the mandate is going to be funded. Tell us in your own words, WhiteWoman.

There are multiple instances where he says he wanted universal health care for everyone. He even used figures in multiple speeches stating how many in US, not just mass, are uninsured. He flip flops more than a pancake on key conservative issues. Jeez as the great intellectual Rick Perry pointed out in the primaries in Mitt's own book he stated that the model for mass should be used on the country. You republicans get so blinded by hate around elections that you ignore video and written evidence. If the supreme court ruled individual mandate penalties are a tax then Mitt RAISED TAXES ON MASS. Reagan is tossing and turning in his grave right now.
Lucy

Fairburn, GA

#39 Jul 1, 2012
We will still have people using the ER as primary healthcare because we will still have illegals going there. The poor Americans who make too much for Medicaid will have to buy insurance and if they don't they get taxed 285.00 or 1% of their income which ever one is greater. Then by2016 the tax goes up to 2085.00 or 1% of annual income, which ever is greater. So for a family that can't afford to put food on the table will be stretched even more. They are supposedly are to expand Medicaid but there is no money for that. The subsidiary insurance for poorer people will most likely not cover anything as well.
Obama must go!!!!
Bigdave

Douglasville, GA

#40 Jul 1, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, BD, read this one. I'm not trying to change your mind, but it may make you feel a little differently. Of course, it could be me just trying to make sense our of something that doesn't make sense. I'll be interested in your opinion.
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/06/9398-why-chie...
I read it and I haven't changed my mind. Conservatives are trying to say, yes we lost but it will inspire the voters to put Romney in office as president. No it won't as the Dems. are always quick to point out that Romney started the whole thing in the state of Mass. Besides that most conservatives don't like Romney. All or most states will do the fed. governments bidding on Medicade as most of the general public and the poor people that count on it will demand it in all the states that try to stop it. State politicians will be voted out and they know it if they stop Medicade. That is a no win for conservatives. I have already heard the Dems. turning the issue of Obamacare being a tax and they have already carefully crafted a spin that it is not and many voters will buy that also. They say that Romney made it a penalty in Mass. and it is basically the same bill. Also it is difficult for the average voter to realize how all the hidden taxes in Obamacare, the added cost of healthcare and loss of jobs that actually fit into the scheme of things will affect them. It is hard to lose and then try to act as if you won. I am afraid that everyone that played in this game will not win a trophy this time.

Location hidden

#41 Jul 1, 2012
former resident wrote:
Synnergy, my posts are not all showing up. What I am trying to say is this is the formula. We are not there. We just took the first baby step.
Welfare recipients return to jobs, because fear of losing health care disappears as a motivator for staying on the dole, and they will earn more working then the welfare check provides.
Those with jobs, who want to start jobs, become entrepreneurs. Those leaving the welfare system go work for the entrepreneurs. Fear of losing health care stops being a deterrent for starting a business.
I doubt the welfare recipients become entrepreneurs first, but might, because the ability to start a business is a mindset and I don't think welfare recipients have that mindset just yet.
Where does the seed money come from in this economy? It comes from innovation.
Where does innovation come from? It originates from private sector.
How does the government benefit if it comes from private sector?
The public and private partner so everybody wins. They look for each other.
It's a good fit, they have opposite skills.
And that is where I think we go from here. The public works at finding innovators to partner with to support health care, and then establishes a system to put it in place.And innovators work at partnering with government.
Current barriers that are still very real with nationalized health care are lack of health care professionals, and red tape.
And one unrelated note. If the government legalized marijuana, regulated it, and taxed it, they could fund health care without increasing taxes.
Again, thanks so much for taking the time to explain your vision of what this is about. To me, it seems to be "in a perfect world" sort of scenario. I believe the welfare system if rife with generational "takers" who have made it a lifestyle. They have no motivation nor want it. One might say that the system is mainly composed of those who have fallen on difficult times. Who knows for sure??? Due to the lack of oversight, I think the system is mostly composed of those who have no desire to do better. Taking that into consideration, I don't think there will be much change due to the healtcare mandate. I think the mandate will put additional expense on the middle class due to having to carry the burden of cost for those who supposedly can't afford it. The modern version of our government is that the minority rules. The number of people without insurance is by far the minortiy and now this debacle; because of the minority. I'm not saying that your theory COULDN'T happen. I am saying it's not very likely. I hope you are right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SECTION 8 HOUSES in mirror lake (Apr '08) 3 hr futurehmowner 98
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) 3 hr jstrong196 21
Anyone know where to find Mike Rine? (Feb '11) 7 hr BNRR 2
officer involved shooting downtown atlanta 8 hr XTC 3
Sex education class 9 hr kimbo 1
Red Palmer 9 hr Puleeze 7
A**hole guy at I max theater Sun Please 1
More from around the web

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE