no tipper's in dville

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Dec 4, 2012
Joe Yule the 1st wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a registered account. I just don't have a reason to use it.
Actually, you do.

If you don't, it likely means you're logging in as other people, too.

Hence, my normally not responding to unregistered posters...
Joe Yule

Atlanta, GA

#22 Dec 4, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you do.
If you don't, it likely means you're logging in as other people, too.
Hence, my normally not responding to unregistered posters...
You make a lot of assumptions! Your argument has no merit.

Having a registered account would certainly not prevent me from logging in as someone else. One could log in with two different browsers and chat all day with oneself. If I wanted, I could populate this board with all sorts of registered accounts...

Shoot, there are some who think you and Synergy are the same person. Myself, I think you're just conjoined twins. ;)

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23 Dec 4, 2012
Joe Yule wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a lot of assumptions! Your argument has no merit.
Having a registered account would certainly not prevent me from logging in as someone else. One could log in with two different browsers and chat all day with oneself. If I wanted, I could populate this board with all sorts of registered accounts...
Shoot, there are some who think you and Synergy are the same person. Myself, I think you're just conjoined twins. ;)
Nah, BillinDville has a valid point. Once you are registered, all you have to do is bring up Topix and start posting. Why would one NOT want to do that? Makes no sense. Jes sayin'.
Joe Yule

Atlanta, GA

#24 Dec 4, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, BillinDville has a valid point. Once you are registered, all you have to do is bring up Topix and start posting. Why would one NOT want to do that? Makes no sense. Jes sayin'.
I can start posting without even pausing to log in. Why on earth would anyone want to?

I can see where you and Bill would want to protect your identity here - logging in prevents anyone else from posting as Synergy or BillinDville (sp?) but it's just not that important to me - nor am I 'celebrity' enough to merit anyone spamming as me. Not that I would care...

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#25 Dec 4, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
But what is it? A place? What do the letters stand for?
I believe the letters represent "For Your Entertainment". It's a music/game/dvd store.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#26 Dec 4, 2012
Dont Tread On Me 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you eht about some only work in such jobs because of college or even some work part time because of family reasons. Personally I think "fine dining" is a homemade meal LOL. But there are those of us who also still consider "fine dining" eating at O'Charleys or Applebees because we do not see the need to go to places like hmmmm let's say for example Ruth Chris and pay high dollars for a decent steak. I respect your opinion a great deal but please don't be so disrespectable. My husband and I tip at least 20% and higher for good service and we visit both above mention resturants. D'ville is still not a hotbed for the uppercrust type "fine dining". And yes I know some here are going to jump down my throat for saying this to one of our most distinguisted people of DC but it is my opinon and another reason I no longer love DC.....too many people making fun of truly conservative folks.
Please let me apologize. I didn't mean to come off so snarky in what I said. I was thinking of a certain set of acquaintances I have...and should not have made such a strong blanket statement.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#27 Dec 4, 2012
Joe Yule wrote:
<quoted text>
I can start posting without even pausing to log in. Why on earth would anyone want to?
I can see where you and Bill would want to protect your identity here - logging in prevents anyone else from posting as Synergy or BillinDville (sp?) but it's just not that important to me - nor am I 'celebrity' enough to merit anyone spamming as me. Not that I would care...
I don't have to log in. I start posting immediately. Why would you have to log in each time? I don't.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28 Dec 5, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
But what is it? A place? What do the letters stand for?
TBH and IMO I think the OP meant to put FYI and not FYE. HTH.
Joe Cool Jr

Atlanta, GA

#29 Dec 5, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to log in. I start posting immediately. Why would you have to log in each time? I don't.
So if someone were to steal your computer or phone they wouldn't have to guess your passwords? Does that go for your email, bank and other accounts? That ain't safe, Synergy. As a rule, I program my browsers to delete such at closing - that way I don't have to worry about it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#30 Dec 5, 2012
you could just encrypt your drive and have the best of both worlds

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#31 Dec 5, 2012
Joe Cool Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone were to steal your computer or phone they wouldn't have to guess your passwords? Does that go for your email, bank and other accounts? That ain't safe, Synergy. As a rule, I program my browsers to delete such at closing - that way I don't have to worry about it.

People in general need to move away from passwords that are only words and move to pass phrases that are much longer, but just as easy for the owner to remember. Having a 6 or 8 character password is asking for intrusion these days.
Grobbbbbbbbbb

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32 Dec 5, 2012
FFFinger wrote:
<quoted text>
TBH and IMO I think the OP meant to put FYI and not FYE. HTH.
Thx.:)

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33 Dec 5, 2012
Joe Cool Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone were to steal your computer or phone they wouldn't have to guess your passwords? Does that go for your email, bank and other accounts? That ain't safe, Synergy. As a rule, I program my browsers to delete such at closing - that way I don't have to worry about it.
NO! The thieves would have NO idea about my passwords for ANY of my legitimate stuff. Synergy is what I use ONLY for Topix. Whenever I click on the Topix icon, I am automatically logged in. Now! If someone steals my laptop and wants to post on Topix using my ID, they can have some REAL fun. lol
ALL of my other business is completely protected.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34 Dec 5, 2012
Joe Cool Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone were to steal your computer or phone they wouldn't have to guess your passwords? Does that go for your email, bank and other accounts? That ain't safe, Synergy. As a rule, I program my browsers to delete such at closing - that way I don't have to worry about it.
I use a completely different password on my Topix registration.
Joe Cool Jr

Atlanta, GA

#35 Dec 5, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I use a completely different password on my Topix registration.
If your laptop 'remembers' this password, it might remember others. I can never keep up with it and err on the side of caution. I do my best to make sure I always have to log into every account online and that my machines don't remember squat.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#36 Dec 5, 2012
Joe Cool Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
If your laptop 'remembers' this password, it might remember others. I can never keep up with it and err on the side of caution. I do my best to make sure I always have to log into every account online and that my machines don't remember squat.
I see you point, but I DO have to log onto all of my business stuff.
Joe Cool Jr

Atlanta, GA

#37 Dec 5, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you point, but I DO have to log onto all of my business stuff.
Good to know.

So, to your point and with this in mind, you can see why not using a registered account is easier for me.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#38 Dec 5, 2012
elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let me apologize. I didn't mean to come off so snarky in what I said. I was thinking of a certain set of acquaintances I have...and should not have made such a strong blanket statement.
Thanks eht! It just shocked mr brcause you are hardly ever "snarky"
LOL

Since: Sep 09

United States

#39 Dec 5, 2012
Oh my goodness.... sorry my and because...having a bad typing day!LOL

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#40 Dec 5, 2012
Joe Cool Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know.
So, to your point and with this in mind, you can see why not using a registered account is easier for me.
Not really. It's the same. Registered or not except if you are registered, your ID can't get hijacked. Rock on, dude.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highway 5 Chick-Fil-A 5 hr DeepFriedThighs 4
Judge Neal Dettmerring (Apr '14) Tue Karen R 13
See Ya Whitey!!! Dec 5 FOS 9
News Alleged murderer and victim did not know each o... (Aug '09) Dec 3 Tolerman 33
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) Dec 2 BJM 16
After Thanksgiving Crime not reported??? Dec 1 Raj 7
Judge Robert James (Jul '07) Nov 30 momof4 61

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages