Petition:Stop using Chick-Fil-A as a fundraising partner in our Schools!

Posted in the Dallas Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#1 Nov 12, 2012
I have a petition to Stop Paulding County Schools from using Chick-Fil-A as a fundraising partner. Please take a look and sign it. I don't care what the person positions of the company or it's owner or everyone else for that matter are. We think it's wrong for our families to indirectly support the known hate groups that Chick-Fil-A's owner donates millions of dollars a year to. This is teaching our students intolerance towards other students and people in our community. Please help us send a message to our school system administrators.
Thank You
http://www.change.org/petitions/paulding-coun...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 12, 2012
I would thank that's their choice. Why not let the individual families choose? If you don't want to support Chick-fil-a, don't donate to the fund. Just donate directly to the school. Simple.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2012
ReaganS wrote:
I have a petition to Stop Paulding County Schools from using Chick-Fil-A as a fundraising partner. Please take a look and sign it. I don't care what the person positions of the company or it's owner or everyone else for that matter are. We think it's wrong for our families to indirectly support the known hate groups that Chick-Fil-A's owner donates millions of dollars a year to. This is teaching our students intolerance towards other students and people in our community. Please help us send a message to our school system administrators.
Thank You
http://www.change.org/petitions/paulding-coun...

Don't you just wish NAMBLA would open some fresh chicken places?
Grob
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Synergy wrote:
I would thank that's their choice. Why not let the individual families choose? If you don't want to support Chick-fil-a, don't donate to the fund. Just donate directly to the school. Simple.
It's more about the message we're sending our children about tolerance. If people want to eat there then fine... More power to them. When it comes down to our school system supporting the agenda of a known hate group. Well then We feel it crosses the line. There are many more companies that are less controversial to be partners with. Again I have no problem with someone voicing their opinions... This is a free country, but the fact that this company and it's owner actually donate money from their proceeds to a hate group and then our schools are being used in this effort seem a little disgusting.
give it up

Carrollton, GA

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Which hate group is Truett giving money to.
Is it the Black Panthers,Naacp,what hate group??
FYI,the Gay people started this stupid up-roar it has blew up in their face,Again what hate group maybe everyone should put their name on the Gay list,if you aren't gay you're not in the cool crowd??
FFinger

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2012
give it up wrote:
Which hate group is Truett giving money to.
Family Research Council

From wikipedia:
In February 2010 the Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies, Peter Sprigg, stated on NBC's Hardball that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced.
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#7 Nov 12, 2012
FFinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Family Research Council
From wikipedia:
In February 2010 the Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies, Peter Sprigg, stated on NBC's Hardball that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced.
Yes! The FRC is exactly one of the hate groups that is being funded.
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#8 Nov 12, 2012
give it up wrote:
Which hate group is Truett giving money to.
Is it the Black Panthers,Naacp,what hate group??
FYI,the Gay people started this stupid up-roar it has blew up in their face,Again what hate group maybe everyone should put their name on the Gay list,if you aren't gay you're not in the cool crowd??
If you don't agree then don't sign. I'm in no way trying to tell you what you should do. If you feel that same as we do then by all means help out. If not then please refrain from being so confrontational. I'm not trying to offend anyone her. Just asking for a little support. Oh by the way the LGBT community didn't blow this out of proportion it was the media. They wanted to make it sound like the LGBT community want to shut down the free speech of someone by boycotting. The reason the LGBT Community was boycotting was because of the donations to hate groups like the FRC. Sorry to confuse you. have a nice day.

Since: May 12

Atlanta, GA

#9 Nov 12, 2012
They stopped giving to that group after all this hit the media. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#10 Nov 12, 2012
ReaganS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! The FRC is exactly one of the hate groups that is being funded.
The FRC also stated at one point on their website that gay people should be sterilized killed and or deported. Really not the message to be sending our children.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 12, 2012
I don't want my tax $ going to things the government is supporting. Can I start a petition???

:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2012
BTW, I get e-mails from change.org that (sometimes) crack me up. One of the recent ones was regarding a petition to get Target (I think) to not open early for Black Friday (Is Black Friday racist?) sales.
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#13 Nov 12, 2012
trystme wrote:
They stopped giving to that group after all this hit the media. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...
No I'm sorry they didn't they came back and denounced that they ever said that. When I find the article I will post it.
ReaganS

Dallas, GA

#14 Nov 12, 2012
trystme wrote:
They stopped giving to that group after all this hit the media. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...
Found one...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/chic...
hats

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Nov 12, 2012
People who hated their neighbors stood in line for a chicken sandwich and on election day people stood in line to vote against that very hate.
give it up

Carrollton, GA

#16 Nov 12, 2012
Black Friday, might get some folks thinking black folks can get a jump on white people..I think that is very racist to the white community.he he he he

Change it to White Friday,or is that also racist?
Who gives a flying shiot it's what it's deal with it no TOKENS anymore..Thank You Barry ...DUH

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 12, 2012
ReaganS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more about the message we're sending our children about tolerance. If people want to eat there then fine... More power to them. When it comes down to our school system supporting the agenda of a known hate group. Well then We feel it crosses the line. There are many more companies that are less controversial to be partners with. Again I have no problem with someone voicing their opinions... This is a free country, but the fact that this company and it's owner actually donate money from their proceeds to a hate group and then our schools are being used in this effort seem a little disgusting.
So, where is YOUR tolerance for those who ALSO feel free to spend their money the way they see fit? The liberals only see tolerance going one way. The OTHER way.
Why not let the children enjoy being children and stop dragging them into YOUR agenda? Sheesh.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18 Nov 12, 2012
FFinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Family Research Council
From wikipedia:
In February 2010 the Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies, Peter Sprigg, stated on NBC's Hardball that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced.
His business. His money. Don't eat there. Simple.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Nov 12, 2012
ReaganS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't agree then don't sign. I'm in no way trying to tell you what you should do. If you feel that same as we do then by all means help out. If not then please refrain from being so confrontational. I'm not trying to offend anyone her. Just asking for a little support. Oh by the way the LGBT community didn't blow this out of proportion it was the media. They wanted to make it sound like the LGBT community want to shut down the free speech of someone by boycotting. The reason the LGBT Community was boycotting was because of the donations to hate groups like the FRC. Sorry to confuse you. have a nice day.
Oh, yes. The LGBT DID make a big deal of it. The kiss in. Remember that? At any rate, why don't you just not support those businesses whom you don't agree with? I don't CARE if gay people have the very same rights that I do. I ALSO don't care if Truet Cathy donates HIS money to the issues he supports. Again, why don't you just make a donation directly to the school? I believe the answer is actually obvious. So, never mind.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Nov 12, 2012
ReaganS wrote:
<quoted text>
The FRC also stated at one point on their website that gay people should be sterilized killed and or deported. Really not the message to be sending our children.
Will you please post a link to the site where you got this information? I'm not saying it's not true. I would just like to read your source. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min rename 55,301
Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting (Feb '14) 4 min Real Man 1,222
DA looks into Mayor Jerkins: Man claims mayor o... 15 hr NOT AGAIN 9
Clint Payne - PsychoTherapist (Nov '09) 17 hr XTC 138
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 17 hr The WB 2,055
Affordable Gutter Cleaning Service 23 hr randall1022 1
Douglas BOE second highest paid in state (May '13) Mon Wondering 66
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dallas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dallas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••