What Jesus said about homosexuality.

What Jesus said about homosexuality.

Posted in the Dallas Forum

TheRevealer

Locust Grove, GA

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Try me share with you why Jesus said about homosexuality:

Nothing there, right? That's because Jesus never mentioned it.

Quit using your superstition to cover up for your bigotry.
get real

Douglasville, GA

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Doesn't matter what Jesus said. Times have changed. Wake up. There are worse things than people being homosexual. Who cares.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 4, 2013
who cares?
People who use a book written by a backwards, nomadic desert tribe to justify their own prejudices
concerned

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jan 4, 2013
TheRevealer wrote:
Try me share with you why Jesus said about homosexuality:
Nothing there, right? That's because Jesus never mentioned it.
Quit using your superstition to cover up for your bigotry.
You idiot. Looks like your boytoy ffinger is back. You are insane and need to get help.
concerned

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jan 4, 2013
FFFinger wrote:
who cares?
People who use a book written by a backwards, nomadic desert tribe to justify their own prejudices
You and revealer are blowing each other again. hahahahahahahaha
Loving Christian

Villa Rica, GA

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Question:“Is there any place in the New Testament where Jesus actually condemned homosexuality?

Answer: While it is true that there is no record of where Jesus explicitly stated that homosexuality is wrong, He did in fact condemn the behavior. A careful study of the Bible will bear this out. Please read the following Bible passages and then consider the questions which follow:

1. And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’”(Matt. 19:4.)

Questions: What did Jesus say about God’s creative work? According to this passage, what has been God’s plan for sexual union [one flesh] since the beginning of time? Was His plan for a male partner to be joined to another male partner, or was it for a husband to be united to his wife? According to this passage, is a man to cleave to his male partner, or to his spouse?

Consider: Since Jesus approved of His Father’s plan [i.e., one man, one woman, one flesh,] could we correctly say that Jesus condemned homosexuality?

2.“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”(John 5:46-47.)

Questions: What law was Jesus born under? What law did He live under? Answer: The Law of Moses (cf. Gal. 4:4.) Did Jesus endorse and follow the Law of Moses? What did the Law of Moses say about homosexuality?(Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Deut. 23:17.)

Consider: Since Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses, and since He endorsed the Law of Moses, and since the Law of Moses explicitly condemned homosexuality, then could we correctly say that Jesus also condemned it?

3.“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for he will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you”(John 16:12-15.)

Questions: What did Jesus say the Holy Spirit would do for the apostles? Answer: Guide them into all truth (v. 13.) When/as the Holy Spirit guided the apostles into all truth; would He speak on His own authority? Answer: No, He would speak on the authority of Christ (v. 14.) What did Jesus say the Holy Spirit would do in verse 14? Answer:“He (i.e., the Holy Spirit) will take of what is Mine (i.e., Christ’s) and declare it to you”(i.e., the apostles.)

Consider: Since 1) the apostles would be guided into all truth by the Holy Spirit, and since 2) the Holy Spirit would not speak on His own authority but instead would speak on the authority of Christ, and since 3) the Holy Spirit would take of what was Christ’s and declare it to the apostles, then by WHOSE AUTHORITY would the apostle’s speak/write/teach when the Holy Spirit guided them into all truth? Answer: Christ’s.

Question: What did the apostle Paul [by Christ’s authority] say about the practice of homosexuality?(Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-10.)

Yes, Jesus did condemn homosexuality in His Word. The good news is,“there is hope for the homosexual; he has reason to believe there is hope for a brighter future. Paul states that some at Corinth had engaged in homosexual acts, but they had been washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus (1 Cor. 6:9-11.) The same can happen today. As anyone who repents of a sin, the homosexual can be forgiven. He can experience the same freedom and joy that any other sinner knows when he becomes a Christian. The Bible condemns homosexual sex but clearly states that non-practicing homosexuals can be saved”
TheRevealer

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jan 5, 2013
http://thebible.net/modules.php...

Plagiarism.

At first I thought, "wow, here's an intelligent answer". Then, I began to think about it and realized that this is a response to a question by a biblical "scholar", much too complex for 95% of the religitards, as I know most of you haven't actually read the book. So, a quick Internet search of the question revealed the source.(supplied above)

Well, allow me to retort and begin poking holes in your "argument".

1. What you have here, at best, is an argument for what y'all refer to as biblical marriage. One man, one woman. Lets define biblical marriage and who can marry who:
Man and woman (Gen 2:24)

Man and wife and concubines (Abraham 2 concubines, Gideon 1, Nahor 1, Eliphaz 1 and several more)

Man and woman and her slaves/property (Gen 16)

Man and woman and woman and woman (Lamech, Esau, Jacob, Ashur, Gideon, David, Solomon. All polygamists)

Man and brothers widow (Gen 38:6-10)

RAPIST and VICTIM (Deu 22:28-29)

Male soldier and POW (Numbers 31:1-18, Deu 21:11-14)

Male slave and female slave (exodus 21:4)

So as you can see marriage is not just one man and one woman, it's many different things to include making virgins who are raped marry their attacker, very compassionate this god is.
TheRevealer

Douglasville, GA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
2.“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”(John 5:46-47.)

Well, I'm glad you went there!!!

So Mosaic law applies to all Christians, correct?

Okay, well, are you wearing a cotton/polyester blend? You're going to hell.

Have you eaten pork? You're going to hell.

Have you looked at another person in lust and not poked your eyes out? You're going to hell.

Have you touched your genitalia and rehoused them and not cut off you hand? You're going to hell.

Did your brother die and not leave a male heir? If so, did you plow his bride in hopes of continuing his lineage? No? You're going to hell.

Have you eaten shrimp, lobster, oysters, clams, mussels? You're going to hell.

You see, Christianity is a cherry picking sect. You pick out the parts you like and then about the ugly parts you say "Jesus died so I could wear these cool Nike shoes and eat some pork".

Makes sense.
concerned

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Jan 5, 2013
TheRevealer wrote:
http://thebible.net/modules.ph p?name=Read&itemid=81& cat=9
Plagiarism.
At first I thought, "wow, here's an intelligent answer". Then, I began to think about it and realized that this is a response to a question by a biblical "scholar", much too complex for 95% of the religitards, as I know most of you haven't actually read the book. So, a quick Internet search of the question revealed the source.(supplied above)
Well, allow me to retort and begin poking holes in your "argument".
1. What you have here, at best, is an argument for what y'all refer to as biblical marriage. One man, one woman. Lets define biblical marriage and who can marry who:
Man and woman (Gen 2:24)
Man and wife and concubines (Abraham 2 concubines, Gideon 1, Nahor 1, Eliphaz 1 and several more)
Man and woman and her slaves/property (Gen 16)
Man and woman and woman and woman (Lamech, Esau, Jacob, Ashur, Gideon, David, Solomon. All polygamists)
Man and brothers widow (Gen 38:6-10)
RAPIST and VICTIM (Deu 22:28-29)
Male soldier and POW (Numbers 31:1-18, Deu 21:11-14)
Male slave and female slave (exodus 21:4)
So as you can see marriage is not just one man and one woman, it's many different things to include making virgins who are raped marry their attacker, very compassionate this god is.
So, how are those kneepads working out? I bet your boytoy loves them. hahahahahahahaha

“The real B-Man”

Since: Nov 12

Carrollton, GA

#12 Jan 6, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how are those kneepads working out? I bet your boytoy loves them. hahahahahahahaha
I have been ignoring this board lately because, frankly, it is a pointless waste of time. But I just couldn't resist acknowledging how absolutely stunning your ignorance and lack of maturity are. Rest assured, your stupidity is unmatched by anyone on this board.
concerned

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
B-Man2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been ignoring this board lately because, frankly, it is a pointless waste of time. But I just couldn't resist acknowledging how absolutely stunning your ignorance and lack of maturity are. Rest assured, your stupidity is unmatched by anyone on this board.
You must be a fellow kneepad wearer. Yeah yours is probably monogramed. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha
FXT 21

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2013
He didnt have to. God , had already spoken on the issue, and He condimed it as an abomination. Please quit trying to excuse your sinful behavior.
TheRevealer

Carrollton, GA

#16 Jan 20, 2013
Maybe FFFinger is my boyfriend, maybe not .. It's none of your beez wax. True that we are both gay though. Why is it everyone thinks if two gay men know each other it means they are doing each other?
Jesus Expert

Douglasville, GA

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Nothing. You can say God the Father condemned it in the Old Testament all you want. The Old Testament is filled with thins that make zero sense.
TheRevealer

Locust Grove, GA

#18 Jan 20, 2013
The bible says a guys donkey spoke!

Your argument about anything "god" says in that book is invalid.

Talking donkeys? That's what you say you believe EVERY time you say you are a Christian!
TheRevealer

Locust Grove, GA

#19 Jan 20, 2013
fXT 21.

Read a few posts up. "He" also said all those other things too! You're going to hell for eating those pork rinds while playing with yourself under your snuggie. Sinner!
Galactic Nacho

Douglasville, GA

#20 Jan 20, 2013
Nihilists! Screw me.

I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, at least it's an ethos.
concerned

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Jan 20, 2013
TheRevealer wrote:
The bible says a guys donkey spoke!
Your argument about anything "god" says in that book is invalid.
Talking donkeys? That's what you say you believe EVERY time you say you are a Christian!
Go blow your boytoy ffinger. You will get a better response. You insane douche.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happen to the cheveron on hwy 5 7 hr Edgar 3
swingers (Apr '11) 14 hr Dville-Native 7
Joes seafood on chapel hill? 14 hr Dville-Native 10
Moving To Douglasville 17 hr Dville-Native 18
New Superintendent for DCSS Tue Aliceinwonderland 13
School grounds Jul 25 SDES MOTHER 4
News Mayor gives State of the City Address Jul 25 Dville-Native 13

Dallas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dallas Mortgages