Comments
1 - 20 of 105 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Happy

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jan 13, 2013
How long does everyone give the new Popcorn Depot; am I a huge small busiess fan however I don't see it making it through Spring?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 13, 2013
A couple of my friends went there and said:
1. The popcorn is not fresh. It is scooped out of bins.
2. A bag costs $20.00
3. A child's bag is $3.00

They weren't impressed and don't plan to go back.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Easier to buy a good brand of popcorn in the microwave bags.
clueless

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
if u know how to operate one.

Since: Jul 07

Douglasville

#5 Jan 14, 2013
I was surprised by their prices too...I asked where the popper was an was told it is in back. I would think they would want it in the store so everyone could see it and smell the popcorn popping..oh well you gave it longe than I did, I said two months!
tooty wooty

Carrollton, GA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
popcorn gives me stinky gas.
Happy

Douglasville, GA

#7 Jan 14, 2013
I had the exact same experience as Synnegry; no good aroma walking in, expensive, stale popcorn...just disappointing.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Happy wrote:
I had the exact same experience as Synnegry; no good aroma walking in, expensive, stale popcorn...just disappointing.
It's actually Synergy, but I ain't mad at 'cha. lol
WTH

Douglasville, GA

#9 Jan 15, 2013
You guys suck.. Give them a chance for GODS sake. What do you want, them sucking off the government as a leach?

Get positive and support them and if the fail, at least they tried.

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#10 Jan 15, 2013
Well, according to "Mr. Kindred," there are some popcorn stores in New York City that are incredibly busy and delicious. I know this ain't Manhattan, but maybe they will do okay.

They probably should address the "stale popcorn" issue and get some coupons out to help offset their prices.

Go small business!! I did not think Edible Fruits would take off, but they are still here and apparently holding their on.
janice

Douglasville, GA

#11 Jan 15, 2013
hum...so it's just live movie popcorn, not fresh and overpriced!
i was surprised they didn't try to open before the holidays.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2013
WTH wrote:
You guys suck.. Give them a chance for GODS sake. What do you want, them sucking off the government as a leach?
Get positive and support them and if the fail, at least they tried.
I truly hope they DO make it. But how can they make it without a popper in sight??? At least they should give the impression that everything is fresh "for God's sake". I'm going to visit the place, but I'm not going to pay $20.00 for a bag. Would you?
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Maybe they need funding to get a new popper.
KingofHearts13

Douglasville, GA

#14 Jan 25, 2013
I tried Popcorn Depot back on the 8th and it was actually good; Different Flavors and friendly service
Popcorn lover

Douglasville, GA

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Popcorn depot has really good popcorn that IS FRESH! The popcorn popper is in the kitchen, imagine that.... What people expect, that the popcorn be popped as you order it? As for the prices, it is GOURMET POPCORN.....
EM30122GA

Powder Springs, GA

#16 Jan 25, 2013
Popcorn Depot has THE BEST popcorn...I love how many flavors they have and it's all so fresh and delicious. The customer service is great and the prices are very reasonable for gourmet popcorn, especially compared to other popcorn shops I've been to. You can't expect gourmet popcorn to be cheap...this isn't the dollar tree, and the ingredients to make this popcorn aren't artificial like the popcorn you can buy in a bag at any low end crappy store.
EM30122GA

Powder Springs, GA

#17 Jan 25, 2013
p.s.- There's more than one size bag and there's no such thing as a "child size" bag. And you don't have to get a bag, you can buy one of there tins which is THE BEST deal they have. It's $25 for a small tin and you can get up to 3 of ANY of there flavors (even the expensive ones) and you can come back every week and get $15 refills. Know your facts Synergy! And mugsy you CAN smell the popcorn popping when they're making it. And Janice movie popcorn is just butter and popcorn depot has 300 gourmet flavors but I wouldn't expect most you to know a good "high end" popcorn if it popped up your ass.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 26, 2013
EM30122GA wrote:
p.s.- There's more than one size bag and there's no such thing as a "child size" bag. And you don't have to get a bag, you can buy one of there tins which is THE BEST deal they have. It's $25 for a small tin and you can get up to 3 of ANY of there flavors (even the expensive ones) and you can come back every week and get $15 refills. Know your facts Synergy! And mugsy you CAN smell the popcorn popping when they're making it. And Janice movie popcorn is just butter and popcorn depot has 300 gourmet flavors but I wouldn't expect most you to know a good "high end" popcorn if it popped up your ass.
OBVIOUSLY, you are one of the owners. My information came from a couple who actually visited your store. As far as chid's size, that must have been THEIR description of the SIZE of the bag for $3.00. Actually, the $20.00 size they referred to was also incorrect. Apparently, it's MORE....$25.00.
Your last sentence just convinced me to NEVER visit your store. Thanks.
popcorn lover

Villa Rica, GA

#19 Jan 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
OBVIOUSLY, you are one of the owners. My information came from a couple who actually visited your store. As far as chid's size, that must have been THEIR description of the SIZE of the bag for $3.00. Actually, the $20.00 size they referred to was also incorrect. Apparently, it's MORE....$25.00.
Your last sentence just convinced me to NEVER visit your store. Thanks.
I assure you, whoever that is isn't the owner... I met him when I visited the store.. As with any new business ppl will say all kinds of things... You should visit yourself and form your own opinion..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 26, 2013
I am going to go out on a limb here and say popcorn lover, and especially EM301 probably did more harm to the depot than good with those attitudes. Most others where just questioning the model, and prices but had visited or knows people who have. After those response from Em and lover, who I am convinced are associated with the store, I'll stick with bagged crap from Krogers. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min rename 53,232
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 1 hr DC Taxpayer 16
Debate: Ferguson - Douglasville, GA 3 hr General Robert E Lee 23
King's Way Baptist Church (Oct '13) 6 hr XTC 1,266
Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting (Feb '14) 12 hr Insider 1,239
Debate: Civil Unions - Powder Springs, GA (Jan '12) 17 hr ricardo 5
Marty Massey Towing & Recovery Question ?? Thu Satisfied with Ma... 8
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
Dallas Dating

more search filters

less search filters