Judge Dean Fowler under Grand Jury In...

Judge Dean Fowler under Grand Jury Indictment

Posted in the Daingerfield Forum

Ronald

Mount Pleasant, TX

#1 Jan 3, 2011
FROM CHANNEL 7 KTLV NEWS and the KLTV NEWS WEBSITE: DECEMBER 30, 2010

News Story is at: http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp ...#

The newstory and video is on the KLTV website

Three Upshur County Officials were charged with official oppression and abuse of official capacity by a grand jury.

Sheriff Anthony Betteron, Judge Dean Fowler, and precinct 3 Commissioner Lloyd Crabtree all turned themselves in after they were charged.

These charges stem from the Upshur County Commissioner's court ending public comments at meetings.

KLTV has also learned that Upshur County Judge Dean Fowler cast the tie-breaking vote to once again, allow public comment at meetings.

For weeks, residents taped their mouths shut in silent protest during the meetings. Some even wore their disgust with the rule on their sleeves, wearing shirts that read "Can you hear me now?"

Public comment will be allowed at the next meeting, but two new commissioners are expected to join the court after the first of the year.

"Sheriff Anthony Betteron, Judge Dean Fowler, and precinct 3 Commissioner Lloyd Crabtree all turned themselves in after they were charged."

I just checked the Upshur County Judical Records, not any of the 3 were booked in or mug shots taken. If your charged, you have to be arrested and if your arrested you have to be booked in. Are these 3 being given special treatment? I and the rest of the citizens of Upshur County would like to know why these three seem to have been given very preferential treatment.

Fowler is well known in Gilmer for using his "official capacity" to be harsh on those that are opposed to him and very light on those that are not. I've not run into him, but know others that have, so all I can say is,"What comes around goes around." I know most of Upshur County is getting a silent revenge on Fowler tonight through this news story.
Juror 666

Longview, TX

#2 Jan 4, 2011
I bet if the DA digs deeper on Fowler they will find alot more problems going on in his office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daingerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liepman Restaurants/ DBA Dairy Queen (May '12) May 24 Bad Ice 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Texas State Medical Board disciplines ETX doctor (Jan '13) May 18 The Ace of Spades 10
News Highlights from around the Capitol Apr '15 Sick of Bigots an... 1
Shawna Lynn Campbell Jan '15 Robyn 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Danny Shaddix as Commissioner? (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ethan wade Shaddix 1
More from around the web

Daingerfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]