passer by

Homer, GA

#1 Sep 24, 2010
I am curious if anyone knows anything about the place in Dahlonega called "The Rock"
sally sue

Jefferson, GA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Well yeal, It's only the best church in Dahlonega!
been there

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Sep 25, 2010
they have a very annointed pastor and alot of good caring people. there are a few shady characters there but so does every church. best thing to do is go visit and decide for yourself. go at least twice before you make a decision either way.
nose better

Homer, GA

#4 Sep 25, 2010
I say cult because the leaders are all corrupt and nobody can leave the group or they are disbarred or something. The word pathetic comes to mind. All in all they believe they are better than you just as any cult group would. There may be some good people there but they will probably be converted into the same wackos that run the place. I wouldn't be surprised if they are shut down because of all the scandals and improper activity that surround that place.
Dahlonega Native

Cleveland, GA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Yeah, it's a cult. It's worse than Scientology. It's mostly more of the "believe what we say or we'll kill you" deal, the usual old nonsense. Dahlonega has yet to move past the Dark Ages.
GaGirl

United States

#6 May 16, 2012
Nose Better and Dahlonega Native, ya'll really need to go check it out sometime, especially in the summer, when that have Christain Bands come out there to play and minister. They are a good group of people who care and believe in God. They help others, that no one else would. You both ought to be ashamed of yourselves for judging when you dont even no the 1st thing about them.
annointed

Commerce, GA

#7 Jul 25, 2012
I went there for a couple of months. They believe anyone can be taught to be a prophet. The only sane one there was the youth paster, but he wised up and left. The pastor's wife thinks she can go to walmart and pick out child molestors, and call it discernment!! what a nut!!!!!! Stay far away from there. Mercy Hill is much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dahlonega Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trick-or-Treating Local Oct 16 bharbour79 1
Upcoming transportation referendum is talk of s... Oct 13 Icarus 1
Is the devil really at Mt. Yonah Baptist??? Oct 9 GeneH 1
vote 2014 Oct 8 GaVoter 1
Couple found dead in Roswell home (Jul '07) Sep '14 Statmaster 4
Has anyone ever been to any of the clothes opti... Sep '14 a1kimbrown 1
mountain grove Sep '14 a1kimbrown 2

Dahlonega News Video

Dahlonega Dating
Find my Match