Police Chief

Posted in the Dahlonega Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sandra1220

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 3, 2009
 
Does anyone know the bame of Cleveland, GA Police Chief???
Wannabemize

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 4, 2009
 
sandra1220 wrote:
Does anyone know the bame of Cleveland, GA Police Chief???
Could you elaborate a bit on "bame"?
Wannabemize

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 6, 2009
 
sandra1220 wrote:
Does anyone know the bame of Cleveland, GA Police Chief???
Sandra1220: The name of Cleveland GA Police Chief is John Foster. The fame of Cleveland GA Police Chief is Donna Sims. The job of Cleveland GA Police Chief is cooking chili. The daily activities have stepped up, his city has more crime than Athens GA now. He probably works or delegates a bit now.
Wannabemize

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 8, 2009
 
I hear the FBI is hiring again, don't you think Chief of Police Foster should apply. That could get him out of Cleveland GA.
fedupwithcrybabi es

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 17, 2009
 
I am not one to make comments about things I see on the web, but I feel the Sandra 1220 comments justify a response. Chief Foster has done more for the city of Cleveland than all the other before him and as far as the crime goes lets look at the fact, clevlend does not have more crime that Athens and the rate of prosecutions for those crimes falls directly to a lazy DA ofice who would rather dead docket a case the sent it to court, and if Sandra ever attended the court hearing she would know who is doing their jobs in this city. OBTW the chilli Foster cooked was for a fund raising event, I guess Sandra is against her public officials raising money for those in need, I am I would guess she has been arrested or at the very least ticketed by the officers of Cleveland. Those who stay on the right side of the law have no problem with Foster, if you want tio throw stones lets take a hard look at the Sheriffs office. Talk about problems!!!!
fedupwithcrybabi es

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 17, 2009
 
I just have one more thing to commet on Simms is only as good as the person teaching her so if Sandra thinks Simms is the FAME of Cleveland ,I can tell you from first hand knowledge WRONG, the Chief has a vast knowledge of the laws of Ga. and Most of the HARD CASES handled by the Cleveland PD are investigated by Foster and then turned over to SIMMS to clean up. And if you want to poke fun at my typing I have alot to say to someone like Sandra, she makes me very angry, she makes honest citizens skin crawl! Foster is a plan spoken man who tells it like it is, and of course in this day and time the younger generations need things candy coated so their feelings arnt hurt! That is crap and that is why our country is going to hell. Why dont you spend your time cleaning up your own back yard and if Foster is too hard for you to handle MOVE!!!!!We need him in Cleveland.
NO CRYING HERE

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 19, 2009
 
I think that we could do with a police department and only have the sheriff department. As far as Foster he can't stay out of Glenda's and Kountry Kupboard long enough to do any thing that is a fact!!!! Think how much the city would save not having to pay not only his pay but the up keep of the department. Taxes Tags etc on the patrol cars. Glenda's would be fine without his business the kk not so sure. So if you want to see your city tax dollars at work go by the kk and you will find our fine cheif foster in his new car.
City City and City

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 22, 2009
 
Ms. Sims is on her way up but will probably find a better job elsewhere. Many state she is first notch and you know what that does for other egos. A case coming up will define her. She is respected in the city and all of White County area.
fedupwithcrybabi es

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 23, 2009
 
I guess the response I had to the no crying here was axed because the truth was told and the person running this website did not want that exposed. But that is the way it is in Cleveland I have seen it for years even before Chief Foster!
Yah Donna is a respected person in Cleveland,Ilike her as a person too, but she can not investigate her way out of an open box without instruction I have been there and seen it first hand. Like it or not you all dont know the truth about your city and the people who run it , but its easier that way to talk trash! This has been a waist of time how about this try doing ride alongs and hanging around the department for a day to see for yourself what those officers and Foster have to deal within your small minded town then youcan throw stones! Oh but wait that would take a real effort on the citizens parts and one thing I can say for sure is the citizens only complain they dont vote!
fedupwithcrybabi es

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 23, 2009
 
one more thing about Simms on her way really, I work in the Atlanta area in LE and I can tell you with experience and knowledge she would not stand a chance at an investigators job with her inabilities. She isnt even liked amoung her piers the other officers dont like to work with her if it was not for Foster she would have been gone along time ago. That my firends is a fact!
City City and City

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 24, 2009
 
fedupwithcrybabies wrote:
one more thing about Simms on her way really, I work in the Atlanta area in LE and I can tell you with experience and knowledge she would not stand a chance at an investigators job with her inabilities. She isnt even liked amoung her piers the other officers dont like to work with her if it was not for Foster she would have been gone along time ago. That my firends is a fact!
You apparently know more about law enforcement than the average person on here. I imagine there is a great deal of competition among the peers in the City police force. Why has Foster kept her in the job? If Foster is so great then why is he working in a small town? Apparently Foster must have a great deal of confidence in Ms. Sims, if he did not he could place another officer in her position don't you think? You make it sound like he is the smartest law enforcement officer around besides you.
City City and City

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 6, 2009
 
Chief Foster has a new haircut. Whoopoopedo
LE experiences

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 11, 2009
 
City City and City wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently know more about law enforcement than the average person on here. I imagine there is a great deal of competition among the peers in the City police force. Why has Foster kept her in the job? If Foster is so great then why is he working in a small town? Apparently Foster must have a great deal of confidence in Ms. Sims, if he did not he could place another officer in her position don't you think? You make it sound like he is the smartest law enforcement officer around besides you.
Chief Foster is in Cleveland because when he first came to Cleveland he found the need was here to update the community in LE practices which it lacked, Simms is in her position because the chief does not have alot to choose from and he hired her along time ago and he feels that he should be as faithful to her as she has been to him. But she lacks the skills that a investigator would need to be successful in a larger department. Yes I have 18 years in this business, and one thing you may not know about your cheif is this he loves the city and finds many challanges he will retire from the department if allowed to and If you check with your state rep. You may find that Foster has been doing alot for the city and the state, he has located a flaw in the charging of Misd. Marijuana and has pushed to have the law changed which would benefit the vioaltor because right now if charged with a Misd. charge it shows as a felony on the crimianls records that is wrong and Foster is changing that! Yes he is great and I have learned from himlike the others that he has worked with. You should take the time to do a ride along and see how the departmetn actually works before you throw that stone. Foster eats a Glendas because that is where the majority of Cleveland eats and he wants to be available to the public, he spends time at CC because that is where the city council seens to be when he needs them. So he goes there to decuess city business, not to jsut drink coffee ask your council member ED! alot of the cities employees can be found ther on any day whats up with that. You may not like your chief but he is doing great things for cleveland that you dont even know about! If you check witht he Sheriffs office on any day you might be suprised at what a disfuncting operation is actually working there, neal is not what you believe him to be and he has stated in several conversations he would not take over the citys issues or as the cities LE agency for any amount of money, he does not want the responsiblities!!!! His officers cant stay out of trouble why would you want them protecting your city? At least the chief gets rid of the bad officers. Than may be alot of turn over but he feels better that than bad practices and coverups like at the SO!
LE experiences

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 11, 2009
 
Just one more thing I have alot of time in this profession and I work for the state so my experiences are vast and no I am not the all seeing , but I do know a good LE officer when I seen one or work with one and your chief meets that discription. You may not like your chief for what ever reason, but your big cases are always solved and the officers that work for that department are all deciated and hard working yes I like Donna as well, but she is not what people think, I have been with the chief in training when he gets the calls about making decisions that she should have made on her own,she should be more agressive and assertive than she is for an investigator and she is slow as dirt about getting her task done if it wasnt for the chief things would not get done, thats a fact! and just for the record that work ethic would get donna fired at larger departments, she has it made in cleveland and she knows it that is why she stays. Your chief drives that department to be great and without him you would have nothing, remember his solve rate for homicides is 100% that is better than in any department I have ever seen that rate includes all the cities major cases, can the sheriff say that bet not! I have alot of respect for your chief and yes I work in a huge department with alot of responsibilities and alot of officers that slack in their duties, its not common to find a LE officer that puts his profession and city responsibilities before his family or life, and lets not forget his budget spending is dead on every year no over budget problems and that new car he has is the first in Clevelands history, and he offered it to his officers first but they voted for him to have it and he wont drive another new one. Everything else has gone to his officers they come first, but you would not know that unless you asked someone. And just for the record if a department looks rag tag they usually act rag tag, if there is no pride in the office and their image, people would not respect the department , you dont already but if you only knew you might think differently. I am sad for your city. My department has full backing from its citizens and the commanders from this department dont take half the crap from citizens as your chief does, you would be suprised at how much cleveland citizens think they are above the law! When the chief gets the calls from people asking why they got tickets for speeding or running red lights or stop signs I just laugh my bosses just tell their citizens to live with it,they violate the law they pay the price! and as funny as that sounds our citizens respect that atitude they know we mean business, your chief trys to handle all the problems with tack and justice, he shows no predjustice in his decisions. That speaks volumns of your chief respects for not only the laws but being fair to Clevelands citizens. all of them!!! again look at other departments you wont find that ! I could not work for the city of Cleveland because they (council and citizens) dont allow the police to do their jobs without a complaint and when the police arnt there in time they complain about that you people are spoiled by your department my aggression and training in investigations would not be allowed in your city.LE officers like me would get your chiefs phone ringing off the wall.
City City and City

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 27, 2009
 
LE: You say you could not work for the City of Cleveland, but you have taken the time to find out a lot about how you think things are run. Maybe the citizens of North Georgia are just fine the way they are, we did fine before Foster came to town and I am confident we would continue to do so if he left tomorrow.
Chief Foster must have the confidence and backing from the City Government because he is still in his position. He does have higher up authority you know and cannot act alone on everything. I think the Mayor and Council backs Foster, he got the new car didn't he?
The Sheriff's Dept and the City of Cleveland are two separate entities. There are times when they have to work together such as emergencies. Sheriff Walden serves more citizens and naturally needs more personnel. He knows what goes on in this county, he gets out there. If he has encountered trouble in his personnel he addresses it.
You mentioned turnover in the City personnel, what in your opinion causes that? Who is rag tag and careless?
Mrs. Sims seems to be surviving quite well in her position. Since a recent case was plea bargained out we were unable to see what her investigative skills in action truly are.
It is obvious the Chief did not ask for you to help out, or did he? Are you a consultant maybe for the State in the area of personnel or fast Eddie tactics since you hinted things have been slow.
Mrs. Sims home is in White County so I am sure that is one of the reasons she chooses to stay here.
Cleveland Police Officers are not rag tag. White County Deputies are also not rag tag. All of the employees exhibit polished and neat appearances in the face of stressful and dangerous situations many times during their work week.
Do you think Chief Foster is qualified to run the City and County at the same time? No surrounding City's Police Chief runs everything. Re-read what you wrote.
Big deal maybe for you on Marijuana, that is no hero in my opinion. Next you are going to bring up how it needs to be legalized. We have enough druggies in North Georgia, the laws do not need to be changed to protect the guilty.
You make Foster sound like a Rock Star, that you think he should make the rounds of Glenda's at Breakfast to get all chatty with the local has beens or wannabe's. He can eat anywhere he wants but his personnel meetings and attention to his job needs to be conducted at the department since his salary is paid by the city remember. As for being available, how about available to the citizens of the City, attention to detail and dance with the ones that brought him. I think Neal Walden is doing his job and he is smart enough to not meddle in another department where he does not belong. He has been President of the Sheriff's Association. Among his peers he is respected.
SWEET THING

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 28, 2009
 
LE experiences wrote:
<quoted text>Chief Foster is in Cleveland because when he first came to Cleveland he found the need was here to update the community in LE practices which it lacked, Simms is in her position because the chief does not have alot to choose from and he hired her along time ago and he feels that he should be as faithful to her as she has been to him. But she lacks the skills that a investigator would need to be successful in a larger department. Yes I have 18 years in this business, and one thing you may not know about your cheif is this he loves the city and finds many challanges he will retire from the department if allowed to and If you check with your state rep. You may find that Foster has been doing alot for the city and the state, he has located a flaw in the charging of Misd. Marijuana and has pushed to have the law changed which would benefit the vioaltor because right now if charged with a Misd. charge it shows as a felony on the crimianls records that is wrong and Foster is changing that! Yes he is great and I have learned from himlike the others that he has worked with. You should take the time to do a ride along and see how the departmetn actually works before you throw that stone. Foster eats a Glendas because that is where the majority of Cleveland eats and he wants to be available to the public, he spends time at CC because that is where the city council seens to be when he needs them. So he goes there to decuess city business, not to jsut drink coffee ask your council member ED! alot of the cities employees can be found ther on any day whats up with that. You may not like your chief but he is doing great things for cleveland that you dont even know about! If you check witht he Sheriffs office on any day you might be suprised at what a disfuncting operation is actually working there, neal is not what you believe him to be and he has stated in several conversations he would not take over the citys issues or as the cities LE agency for any amount of money, he does not want the responsiblities!!!! His officers cant stay out of trouble why would you want them protecting your city? At least the chief gets rid of the bad officers. Than may be alot of turn over but he feels better that than bad practices and coverups like at the SO!
Do you think this is Mayberry NC, Foster can be Cheif Taylor and Donna is Barney better yet you sound a little bit like Gomer Pile!!!!! If you don't live here in Cleveland you need to come up here and live, Then you will see the only Officer we need in this town is The County officers! I would agree that Helen needs a Police Dept. But, when is comes to Andy Taylor he needs to go back to MAYBERRY !!!!!!!!!!

Also, you need to go back to school with Opie to learn how to spell.
City City and City

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 28, 2009
 
Hey how about BOSS HOGG and he ate a great deal also.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 1, 2009
 
The entire City of Cleveland Police Force is looking good and Chief Foster has had several photo ops lately, hey lookin' good Chief. Have you been to the beach or just working outside? Keep up the good work. It seems you are getting rid of the low lifes that has in the past tarnished the area, and on that a big ole thank you. Keep us safe and we won't grind on you too much about Glenda's and Country Cupboard. We love how you assist in keeping the workers with the DOT safe. Family and friends say thanks.
Grishom

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 4, 2009
 
Chief Foster handled the situation at Wal-Mart really well. He was big city in his actions. The Foster family works very hard for LE.
Unknown Man

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Chief Foster is nothing more than a bully! He has only abused his power as Chief. Totally all about the good old boy network, Mr Foster I have reported you to the DA and FBI.....

Have a nice day...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dahlonega Discussions

Search the Dahlonega Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min silverfox 47,865
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Fri Mason II 2,039
Raber or Self Jul 10 sally 1
white county judge lynn alderman's nasty divorc... (Aug '10) Jul 6 Moondog 46
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dahlonega, GA (Jan '12) Jul 3 George 4
Review: Primary Auto Group Jul 2 Davy 1
Dawsonville pool room Jul 1 Jon 2
•••
•••

Dahlonega News Video

•••
•••

Dahlonega Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dahlonega People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dahlonega News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dahlonega
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••