Gold Rush Days Fall Festival in Dahlonega, Georgia Slated for October 16 and 17, 2010

Oct 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Associated Content

On the third weekend of October each year, over 200,000 people visit the small quaint square of Dahlonega, Georgia to participate in the Gold Rush Days Fall Festival.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2012
nastalgia

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

What happened to the Gold Rush Days festival that acually was fun to go to? Now when you go, the booths are generic and lack any sort of REAL craftsman. Too much retail and commercial items. And also the commities have made the cost so expensive for a booth, no one can afford one. No more boiled peanuts (the good ones), fried pork skins,pralines,free samples, fried apple pies.........All gone due to the bottom line once again. Sigh...
Indian

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Judged:

The money that is generated by this festival is used to help needy families in the area. Increased booth prices help by more gifts for the less fortunate. If people in the community would help put on the festival it would go better. It is my understanding there are only 10 people who coordinate this entire thing. Stop complaining and do something to help!
question

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Indian wrote:
The money that is generated by this festival is used to help needy families in the area. Increased booth prices help by more gifts for the less fortunate. If people in the community would help put on the festival it would go better. It is my understanding there are only 10 people who coordinate this entire thing. Stop complaining and do something to help!
Is there any financial report given to the city in return for closing city streets, etc.? What percentage of the revenue goes toward needy families?
sally

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

oh really on the needy families? I've lived in this area all my life and that's a new one to me.I've always herd the Jaycees have a drunk fest with most of the money raised. I don't know if so,i've just herd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dahlonega Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Aggie23 52,144
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dahlonega, GA (Jan '12) 14 hr Melvin 6
Murder charges filed in White Co. shooting (Feb '11) Tue lynenacarr 19
Judge David Barrett Pulls Pistol in Lumpkin Cou... (Feb '12) Tue Orchiddoctor 24
Debate: Ferguson - Dahlonega, GA Tue Orchiddoctor 3
An Open Letter to the People of Lumpkin County ... (Sep '13) Tue Orchiddoctor 5
white county judge lynn alderman's nasty divorc... (Aug '10) Tue Orchiddoctor 48

Search the Dahlonega Forum:
•••

Dahlonega News Video

•••
•••

Dahlonega Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dahlonega People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••