Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated May 4, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
little faith in the judge

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 27, 2012
 
FROM THE AJC: In a statement released Tuesday, Akeley-Alderman said the "Department of Corrections sentencing error" in the Stringer case allowed the commission's investigation "to delve into my life both on and off the bench, as well as the personal lives of my children, in ways in which I found inappropriate and unprofessional."
J D B

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Paise the Lord she is gone.

Since: Mar 12

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 28, 2012
 
She's not gone yet! And in private practice is where she really shines. What a fantastic, intelligent woman we have lost as a public official. We can only hope who ever takes the bench next can match her professional demeanor and broad legal analysis. What a great woman who has gone through so much to say the least.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 28, 2012
 
Nuggetgal234 wrote:
She's not gone yet! And in private practice is where she really shines. What a fantastic, intelligent woman we have lost as a public official. We can only hope who ever takes the bench next can match her professional demeanor and broad legal analysis. What a great woman who has gone through so much to say the least.

yeah what a great role model. Cheats on here husband, discusses cases outside the court with other judges. Dont think she just quit, she quit so they would quit investigating in the best intrest of her and the county before we had to all assume the cost of all the retrials due to her bias on gender and all the decissions she made based on her personal agenda and personal view not the LAW. If you want to look up to a female look up to Mrs Clinton who I feel should be our President not a Judge that was forced to quit because she couldnt follow the law.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 28, 2012
 
Yeah she shines all right. Her tans lines behind the bench after hours.

Since: Mar 12

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I suppose making her daughters and son a topic of investigation as well delving into personal finances that have nothing to do with her job, that's completely fair and just. I suppose being elected twice means she's just so corrupt everyone is scared into voting for her. Her sex life has nothing to do with being a judge. It's narrow minded people like you that take things out of context and run with them making it hard for anyone to maintain a clear, accurate, truthful depiction of an elected official that unfortunately had the spotlight on a very painful part of her life. People get divorced daily, she just had the unfortunate circumstance of having dredged up by anyone who thought it was their business. What about her family? Anyone else who gets divorced with kids involved knows how hard it is on the kids. Shame on you for taking something that would otherwise be private for anyone else and judging her as if you know what really goes on behind closed doors.
You just sound like a scorned defendant who didn't get the ruling they wanted. Or a mediocre attorney who couldn't argue their way out of a paperbag, so you blame it on the judge.
littleredridingh ood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 28, 2012
 
Lynn Alderman has devoted her life to being a good judge, an awesome mom, and most important to being fair and just in all aspects of her life. Anyone who is in the legal field, interested in the legal field, or just an everyday person looking for insight could take a lesson from this woman. Yes she resigned from the bench, and yes she is going into private practice again, but none of these current career moves make her any less of a decent person nor do they call into question the quality of work she gave as a superior court judge. As for "after hours" remarks I've repeatedly seen on these comments, do you even know how much hard work goes into being a judge who presides over 4 counties, participates in countless programs within all four of those counties communities, and being a mom of a hyper active 13 year old boy who's growing up now with two different households to call home? Lynn Alderman is divorced, yes, and if you were to call into question her legal abilities because of the debilitating slander people have produced as well as the JQC releasing such awful things, then you should try digging deeper to see what kind of person she really is. If she's such a gender bias whore like you people like to portray her to be, and you say these things make her an awful judge, I would invite all of you to have a chat with her ex husband. By nature ex husbands and wives usually don't get along nor do they generally have anything nice to say to or about one another, but call Alfred Chang and ask him about Lynn's legal abilities, tell him that you think her so called "after hours activities" have affected the way she ruled in cases or that they have made her any less of a stellar attorney, he would disagree.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 28, 2012
 
So her sexlife has nothing to do with it, for Gods sake she was haveing sex in the courtroom, dont be so ignorant. As for her family she doent care about the families that she degraded like mine with guardian and psycologicals that my kids went through, taking them from me to live with their mom who abused them for months until the doctors found out the truth but she let their mom have them until a conclusion was given by the doctors because lets not forget women are all automatically better with children, BS. mEN HAVE RIGHTS aLDERMAN DIDNT AGREE SHE ALWAYS PUT WOMEN FIRST. You sound like some dike that hates men and thinks women do know wrong, open your eyes they made her quit she was wrong, she didnt follow the law or ethics a judge has to follow. Not only should she not be able to hold an office again but she should be banned from peacticeing law as well. But bpeople like you who have not been through what the ones like me have went through being restricted and haveing our civil liberty taken from us due to Aldermans feelings of the day need to open your eyes. Until u sit at home knowing your children are with a woman at risk of danger because a judge favors women instead of men you need to open your eyes, your hero is a zero. She leaves her office in disgrace and shame and yes her family needs to know what kind of woman their mom is so they can not follow in her footsteps with sexual prejudism, cheating on your spouse. Do you even care what she has done to her family or her husband the shame she has brought on them or is it not her fault. Dont be ignorant.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 28, 2012
 
U better believe they should check her personal finances after all they might find pay offs or free vacations. No not with Alderman. Why do you think she quit, she has a lot to hide dont be blind. She is fighting for them not to go public with their finding in the investigation I wonder why because it might say what a great judge she is. She could probably face jail time if she didnt quit when she did and make the deal to resign.

Since: Mar 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 28, 2012
 
If you aren't aware of the entire situation, you shouldn't base your statements on rumors, only facts. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to degrade a woman who served our circuit, and did it WELL, being reelected and doing such a tremendous job at it, is insulting. Personal life is just that, PERSONAL. Which means, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, and unless you were there, you don't know the truth of any fact regarding her situation. I think very highly of Ms.Alderman. She is a very intelligent, knowledgeable woman, a terrific mother. Remember, base your opinions on FACT, rather than rumors.
Warriorsrgreat

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 28, 2012
 
Sex in the courtroom? Yet another time I've heard this accusation. Where's the proof? A tape, a recording? If something like that existed Judge A would've been off the bench forever ago. It hasn't happened because it's not true. I'm so sorry you've fallen victim to believing gossip. I bet you believe we didn't land on the moon either. As for hiding stuff, she has nothing to hide. There have been false documents circulating posing as her. Did you know there is a current investigation about key logger put on her laptop? We don't know anything until there's hard evidence. So get off your high horse and wait for some. You're just speaking up because you have a bias against her, without any concrete facts. Luckily the law doesn't work on rumors or perhaps you'd be a judge.
Fastpitchcoach

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 28, 2012
 
victim of Alderman wrote:
U better believe they should check her personal finances after all they might find pay offs or free vacations. No not with Alderman. Why do you think she quit, she has a lot to hide dont be blind. She is fighting for them not to go public with their finding in the investigation I wonder why because it might say what a great judge she is. She could probably face jail time if she didnt quit when she did and make the deal to resign.
If she could've faced jail time they would've just arrested her. Duh! Do you even know how the JQC works? Read some facts.
littleredridingh ood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 28, 2012
 
victim of Alderman wrote:
So her sexlife has nothing to do with it, for Gods sake she was haveing sex in the courtroom, dont be so ignorant. As for her family she doent care about the families that she degraded like mine with guardian and psycologicals that my kids went through, taking them from me to live with their mom who abused them for months until the doctors found out the truth but she let their mom have them until a conclusion was given by the doctors because lets not forget women are all automatically better with children, BS. mEN HAVE RIGHTS aLDERMAN DIDNT AGREE SHE ALWAYS PUT WOMEN FIRST. You sound like some dike that hates men and thinks women do know wrong, open your eyes they made her quit she was wrong, she didnt follow the law or ethics a judge has to follow. Not only should she not be able to hold an office again but she should be banned from peacticeing law as well. But bpeople like you who have not been through what the ones like me have went through being restricted and haveing our civil liberty taken from us due to Aldermans feelings of the day need to open your eyes. Until u sit at home knowing your children are with a woman at risk of danger because a judge favors women instead of men you need to open your eyes, your hero is a zero. She leaves her office in disgrace and shame and yes her family needs to know what kind of woman their mom is so they can not follow in her footsteps with sexual prejudism, cheating on your spouse. Do you even care what she has done to her family or her husband the shame she has brought on them or is it not her fault. Dont be ignorant.
you are using a case that you were involved in to form an overall opinion about all cases alike that have come before her, so who's really the ignorant one. Lynns family know more of the situation at hand than anyone and YOU are in no position to speak for them. To say they should know what their mother has done is crossing the line into a territory you have no right to be in. Judge aldermans family know that their mother resigned and they know why she resigned as THEY have been dealing with it for months, where as you, someone of the general public, have had 24 hours or less to over work your obviously hamster sized brain to form an off the wall opinion about a wonderful mother and judge, and try to assume that you actually know the entirety of the situation. You, my friend, seem to be the ignorant one.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 29, 2012
 
littleredridinghood wrote:
<quoted text> you are using a case that you were involved in to form an overall opinion about all cases alike that have come before her, so who's really the ignorant one. Lynns family know more of the situation at hand than anyone and YOU are in no position to speak for them. To say they should know what their mother has done is crossing the line into a territory you have no right to be in. Judge aldermans family know that their mother resigned and they know why she resigned as THEY have been dealing with it for months, where as you, someone of the general public, have had 24 hours or less to over work your obviously hamster sized brain to form an off the wall opinion about a wonderful mother and judge, and try to assume that you actually know the entirety of the situation. You, my friend, seem to be the ignorant one.
I might be the ignorant one but THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING,all I have to say is SHES GONE. HA ha ha ha
Elephanticing

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

How is it that judges are not held to a higher standard than the general public. Her husband (ex) is a local attorney that appeared before her numerous times, that in itself should have removed her from the bench. The appearance of any inappropriate conduct should have started an investigation. By the way the worst judge in this area sits on the judicial review committee. There is no wonder the system works the way it does.
Insider

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 29, 2012
 
Elephanticing wrote:
How is it that judges are not held to a higher standard than the general public. Her husband (ex) is a local attorney that appeared before her numerous times, that in itself should have removed her from the bench. The appearance of any inappropriate conduct should have started an investigation. By the way the worst judge in this area sits on the judicial review committee. There is no wonder the system works the way it does.
You my friend are an idiot. Her EX-husband has NEVER appeared before her. Most of the people on here need to get their facts straight before you go posting random things. That is unless you are one of the ones creating all the rumors.
Fastpitchcoach

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 29, 2012
 
Thanks Insider I was just about to say her husband couldn't practice in front of her. What idiot would claim otherwise? Seriously? We have a bunch of know nothings trying to the stir up rumors.
victim of Alderman

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 29, 2012
 
Fastpitchcoach wrote:
Thanks Insider I was just about to say her husband couldn't practice in front of her. What idiot would claim otherwise? Seriously? We have a bunch of know nothings trying to the stir up rumors.
No need for rumors, I say with a smile. she is gone so in your face.Ha ha ha. What comes around goes around and she got hers.
DJJ

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 19, 2012
 
Went to HS with her daughter, she used to let all the black guys run the train on her...loved it, kinda sad. This occurred all the time.
alysia jackson

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 25, 2012
 
I've got more than just a little bit to say about this subject:::I'm actually gonna take this home just to make sure I get all the facts straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Dahlonega News Video

•••
•••

Dahlonega Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dahlonega People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dahlonega News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dahlonega
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••