First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Disgusted

King George, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Ok so some people are not going to like this post!! But I really don't care. I was driving down Hawthorn St. when out of the VFW this drunk guys staggers out and proceeds to stop in the middle of the street (in front of my car) and throw up! Really? Do they not notice that someone in there is that drunk? How about a cut off? Not only did he throw up once but twice. That really goes to show just who is paying attention to how much these people are drinking. Just plain disgusting.
Sonny

King George, VA

#2 Jan 18, 2013
The VFW will serve anyone. Most of the drunks get there between 11 AM and 12:00 noon. Many are not even Vets, they sign up as Aux

Many of the day time drunks have lost their driving permits for DUIs
Any non member can just walk in and someone will sign them in. No class there at all.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Ok so some people are not going to like this post!! But I really don't care. I was driving down Hawthorn St. when out of the VFW this drunk guys staggers out and proceeds to stop in the middle of the street (in front of my car) and throw up! Really? Do they not notice that someone in there is that drunk? How about a cut off? Not only did he throw up once but twice. That really goes to show just who is paying attention to how much these people are drinking. Just plain disgusting.
I faxed the above to snopes as an example of CB topix urban legends (I think you have real potential) and they called me right back to say you could be in the running for snopes pro of the month. A pix of the two vomits would seal the deal or a copy of the police report/citation for littering. They indicated that if you want to go long, use the following for a template :)

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.08/rocke...
Cowboy

Corolla, NC

#4 Jan 18, 2013
How about the drunk woman that left Eagles parking lot in reverse through Grandmas shop back yard and the house next to it a ran into the Carwash. Heard she was really drunk. Another one that got to much to drink. Wonder if the Police talked to the Bartender there. He Should...
Mr T

King George, VA

#5 Jan 19, 2013
How do you know that sick dude was drunk? Maybe he was sick from something else? It must be a great feeling of power when one such as "Disgusted" can sit back and judge the rest of us.
Murdock

King George, VA

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Mr T wrote:
How do you know that sick dude was drunk? Maybe he was sick from something else? It must be a great feeling of power when one such as "Disgusted" can sit back and judge the rest of us.
Mr T stop being a Fool.
Docter D

Saluda, VA

#8 Feb 19, 2013
sorry this should have been posted under AM. Legion post 148
Cowboy

Alexandria, VA

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Cowboy wrote:
How about the drunk woman that left Eagles parking lot in reverse through Grandmas shop back yard and the house next to it a ran into the Carwash. Heard she was really drunk. Another one that got to much to drink. Wonder if the Police talked to the Bartender there. He Should...
Copying names again?
Business

Capitol Heights, MD

#11 Feb 19, 2013
If the man who got sick was a vet. I say he has earned the right to get drunk if he pleases. Did he harm anyone? Nope! Has he fault to keep others from being harmed? Very likely! Instead of bitching, you should have showed respect/ appreciation and offered him a ride!

“We Should Worry!”

Since: Dec 08

Colonial Beach

#12 Feb 20, 2013
Business wrote:
If the man who got sick was a vet. I say he has earned the right to get drunk if he pleases. Did he harm anyone? Nope! Has he fault to keep others from being harmed? Very likely! Instead of bitching, you should have showed respect/ appreciation and offered him a ride!
You're out in left field. Vets have many 'rights' but didn't your Mother teach you NOT to run into the street? and thrash me, but I have no respect for ANYONE throwing up in the middle or the road after running out of any venue ...there are bushes.
Disgusted

Tappahannock, VA

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Business wrote:
See I knew someone would make a stupid comment!! And there you go.
Respect you say? I do show respect to ALL Vets thank you very much and as far as offering him a ride-Negative. Let him get in YOUR car with puke all over him. You Sir/Madam are an idiot.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Let me get this straight.. you are shocked that someone leaving a bar may puke in the street???? Wow... some of these posters need to get out a little more often.

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#16 Feb 20, 2013
elf-medication along with rage is a common problem with some service members that have served overseas in a war zone. Suppressions of emotions of fear, anger, survivor guilt and a whole host of memories have an impact that may resurface years after deployment. It is unknown, why some suffer, while others do not. The VA has come a long way treating PTSD. If you know a Veteran with experiencing difficulties of nightmares, avoidance behavior and on edge. Help can be found at www.ptsd.va.gov/apps/AboutFace .

Support the Wounded Warrior Project.
Bill

Irvington, VA

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
This VFW is a snake pit
Straight Facts

King George, VA

#21 Feb 27, 2013
Get the story straight about the lady that left the eagles and backed into the car wash. She had been in the eagles earlier that day and had one beer as usual. She left and went to another bar. She came back later that evening but never came back into the eagles. They found her in her car sleep when they were closing up.. They tried to wake her up and get her a cab and she refused the cab, put the car in reverse and did the damage. The police were told the whole story.
Tdj2011

Washington, DC

#24 Feb 27, 2013
Does the VFW~ have state body that they must report to? I know the Eagles does and if the state board feels like things are Not being handled properaly , they will take their charter and place them on suspension until they can get it together.I have never been to Our VFW but can say when ever the VFW has been called on , they are there. Weren't they called on to help at the Beach Gate Motel when it was being closed down for fire hazzards? As for too much drinking that happens at a lot of places in town (Eagles, Riverboat, High Tides, Light House, etc) the differrence is the members of THE VFW have earned the right to be as drunk as they want too. You don,t like it , DonNt go in there. Can,t get much simplier than that
just saying 2

United States

#25 Feb 28, 2013
don't mind the drunks at any place like this unless they are not intitled to be in there. I thought you had too been in service or a family member.
DisgustedVet

King George, VA

#26 Mar 5, 2013
The three top ladies that did help without any money from the post,were removed from office for helping these veterans because they did it improperly.I did not know that you could improperly help a Veteran. The Post put up a sign as a donation drop off site and then denied knowing anything about it. Again how could you help a Vet in a wrong way. Get a backbone and stand up for what you do. These Misplaced vets from Beachgate are thankfull and so am I.
Cowbell

Alexandria, VA

#27 Mar 5, 2013
What was the story about the help for the Beachgate Vets?
DisgustedVet

King George, VA

#28 Mar 5, 2013
The VFW Post agreed to place a money box for local community people to donate money for the residents of the Beachgate Motel, they were being evicted at Christmas this past year due to some electrical problems, immediatly without any place to go.
The three women secured a rental home and helped fill it with stuff they needed. The money came from the Veterans personally. The VFW contributed no money. The three women were asked to step down for sharing their good will without notifying the VFW. I am sure everyone saw the sign on Hawthorn Street on the front of the VFW building. The VFW claims they had no knowledge of helping the commnity on this emergency situation. Why do you suppose they did this? The three women were in the local paper and got good publicity for helping these veterans quoted by one of them. Only to find they were unfit to continue office becuase of this good will effort. Is there a wrong way to help a veteran?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dahlgren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 23 min -Beau- 2,540
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 27 min Honest Babe 102
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 33 min -Beau- 1,825
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 43 min Honest Babe 14,215
Whatcha Doing? 1 hr Beach bug 27
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) 2 hr -Beau- 50
tipsa (Jan '14) 3 hr Jame Good 184
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dahlgren Mortgages