Rep. Brown-Waite wants Dade City post...

Rep. Brown-Waite wants Dade City post office named for fallen soldier

There are 2 comments on the St. Petersburg Times story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Rep. Brown-Waite wants Dade City post office named for fallen soldier. In it, St. Petersburg Times reports that:

U.S. Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is leading an effort to name the post office in Dade City in honor of Army Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Petersburg Times.

A widowed woman

Winter Garden, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2009
I am honored that this boy gave his life up in service for us, but I think this is going a step too far in naming the post office after him. There are other people who have lost a son, brother, husband or father in this area and there have not been any acknowledgements of those men. Why this one? What gives?
Give a Little

Avon Park, FL

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Sgt. Mathes was a 26-year-old man, not a boy. Although it honors him to place his name on a post office, I'm sure his family would have preferred that he returned home alive and not to have suffered this loss. But what gives with you? What's with this "I didn't get so you shouldn't get!" attitude! If you know of other fallen veterans who you don't think have been properly remembered, feel free to initiate some honor on their behalf. Don't wait for such an honor to drop in your lap. That is largely the reason why some are "acknowledged" and others not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dade City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientology Cult Jan 18 Pysoscientology 1
when is the cara ryan murder trial (Nov '15) Jan 17 Bsdetector30302 6
News Clearwater police officer arrested in domestic ... (Jun '06) Jan 7 Ashamed 5
Clearwater Police Nazi Troops for Scientology (Nov '13) Jan 4 The Peoples Media 24
BEWARE of Comfort Cover Systems (Mar '12) Jan 3 George Valerio 11
shelly miscaviage is dead Jan 2 no name 1
trashy family and abuse Dec '16 Maria 3

Dade City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dade City Mortgages