One Killed in Lawrenceville Accident

One Killed in Lawrenceville Accident

There are 74 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 4, 2007, titled One Killed in Lawrenceville Accident. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A car accident at the intersection of Sugarloaf Parkway and Old Norcross Road in Lawrenceville Sunday night resulted in the death of one person, the Gwinnett County Fire Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Cumming, GA

#1 Nov 4, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all involved. It's so sad to hear of a loss of life.
Was there

Lilburn, GA

#2 Nov 4, 2007
I was at the Publix shopping cener..Heard a loud boom....then 2 minutes later sirens....it was horrible to see the cars involved in the crash...lots of people stopped at the scene to look at what happened..people were in shock and disbelief and sad that someone lost their life...cop there confirmed to crowd that one person died at scene..he said person was around 20 yrs old.....my prayers go out to the family.....
tweety

Carnesville, GA

#4 Nov 4, 2007
people need to take there bad ass cars to a drag strip ..not a highway were others can get hurt or killed.
concerned

Cumming, GA

#5 Nov 4, 2007
This type of news sends shivers down my spine! I have teenagers that drive, and I'm continually onto them as to being a responsible driver and watching out for others. It is my experience that you have to really watch out for the idiots out there.(Most of them are adults with many years of experience) Very few drivers out there that drive with awareness. Yes, I feel Atlanta roads are scary- you risk your life pulling out of the driveway! Add into the mix, the less experienced young drivers- it's not a pretty picture. We need to set a better example for our youth when we are behind the wheel. I worry myself sick when my kids hit the road, and it's not because I think they aren't capable drivers. It is because I know how many others out there are on a mission- their mission...they don't give a hoot about the rest of us, let alone the inexperienced drivers on the road.
Racing, anywhere other than a race track, is inappropriate. But how many people race, or should I say rush, to get to their destiny on a daily basis? It's time to slow down and look out for one another.
My heart goes out to all involved. This is very sad...a parents worst nightmare.
concerned

Cumming, GA

#6 Nov 4, 2007
the pictures from the scene are horrific. I sincerely hope there will not be news of additional fatalities as a result of this.
Anon

Norcross, GA

#7 Nov 4, 2007
I work right where this accident happened and it is the fourth one in about 2 weeks. That stretch of Sugarloaf Pkwy. has a reputation of accidents. The last two major ones sent cars up trees. This one was by far the worst though.
leaving snellville

Marietta, GA

#8 Nov 5, 2007
John wrote:
atlanta should emforce the traffic management, not only local people died by accidents, a lot of other states people died by car accidents when they drive on atlanta highways. I think many drivers are not qulified be drivers at all, except some drink or use cellphone, most of them just because their IQ is too low, they react too slow, poor judgement made when face sudden situations.
So, I think when people apply for driver's license, Police Department should check their IQ level, lower than 110, shouldn't allow to drive. Because those low IQ persons will kill other people. I am seriously.
Please, if you are going to talk about I.Q. numbers CHECK YOUR OWN ENGLISH KNOWLEDGE. If below 110 I.Q. should not drive then it would seam to me that you should not be on a bicycle in your trailer park.

“ Keep On Truckin”

Since: Sep 07

Conyers

#9 Nov 5, 2007
leaving snellville wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, if you are going to talk about I.Q. numbers CHECK YOUR OWN ENGLISH KNOWLEDGE. If below 110 I.Q. should not drive then it would seam to me that you should not be on a bicycle in your trailer park.
Seem not Seam.
tdd

Peachtree City, GA

#10 Nov 5, 2007
This is so sad. My hearts go out to this grieving family. There have been many accidents lately on SL Pkwy. Why can't the cops that hide all over Gwinnett county roads giving tickets to up their revenue start policing this road and other none roads that are dangerous. These cops/cities are only worried about what new car they can buy and how many tickets they can give instead of out doing their real jobs. Its not all about money people.
Was There When

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 Nov 5, 2007
I was there when they took the body of the 16 year old out of the car and it was a very very sad moment. There were people crying and they didn't even know him. It was obvious from the scene that someone or someone's were traveling extremely fast. The front of the Kia was smashed all the way back to the front windshield. Not sure why the passenger died and the driver didn't but it figures the one who was being careless would live while an innocent child dies. Georgia needs to enforce a law like alot of other states that anyone under 18 can't drive with anyone their age or younger with them along. My prayers and heart go out to the family who lost their Child.
dang

Suwanee, GA

#12 Nov 5, 2007
Was There When wrote:
I was there when they took the body of the 16 year old out of the car and it was a very very sad moment. There were people crying and they didn't even know him. It was obvious from the scene that someone or someone's were traveling extremely fast. The front of the Kia was smashed all the way back to the front windshield. Not sure why the passenger died and the driver didn't but it figures the one who was being careless would live while an innocent child dies. Georgia needs to enforce a law like alot of other states that anyone under 18 can't drive with anyone their age or younger with them along. My prayers and heart go out to the family who lost their Child.
Gwinnett County is off the chain, murders, break ins, car racing, car crashes. I thought it was a law that someone age 16 could only drive certain hours of the day and not drive with passengers during the night hours. I also thought there were curfews. I feel sorry for their parents because they will ultimately pay for the transgressions of their children.
anon1

Suwanee, GA

#13 Nov 5, 2007
Hummm....you all sure are compassionate on here. Probably would have a lot more to say if this accident had occurred in SW Atlanta or College Park, East Point or somewhere huh???? But its in your neck of the woods now huh????As with all the other crime that is occurring in Atlanta suburbs. The stats show its worse up there with yours....
Gods Watching

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 Nov 5, 2007
leaving snellville wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, if you are going to talk about I.Q. numbers CHECK YOUR OWN ENGLISH KNOWLEDGE. If below 110 I.Q. should not drive then it would seam to me that you should not be on a bicycle in your trailer park.
I was wondering about that myself,SERIOUSLY.
Get a life

Lawrenceville, GA

#16 Nov 5, 2007
anon1 wrote:
Hummm....you all sure are compassionate on here. Probably would have a lot more to say if this accident had occurred in SW Atlanta or College Park, East Point or somewhere huh???? But its in your neck of the woods now huh????As with all the other crime that is occurring in Atlanta suburbs. The stats show its worse up there with yours....
Anytime a LIFE is lost such as in this case a 16 yrs old it does not matter if they are from SW Atlanta or up North...It is tradedy. What you should focus on is at this loss of life not the racial part of it.
Douglasville Mom

Atlanta, GA

#17 Nov 5, 2007
This is another reason why I think the age to obtain drivers license should be raised to 18! Kids are being let loose too sign behind the wheel of some car they can't handle. Just my thoughts anyway.

Since: Sep 07

Savannah, Ga

#18 Nov 5, 2007
You wouldn't get a license then!
John wrote:
atlanta should emforce the traffic management, not only local people died by accidents, a lot of other states people died by car accidents when they drive on atlanta highways. I think many drivers are not qulified be drivers at all, except some drink or use cellphone, most of them just because their IQ is too low, they react too slow, poor judgement made when face sudden situations.
So, I think when people apply for driver's license, Police Department should check their IQ level, lower than 110, shouldn't allow to drive. Because those low IQ persons will kill other people. I am seriously.
anon1

Suwanee, GA

#19 Nov 5, 2007
Get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime a LIFE is lost such as in this case a 16 yrs old it does not matter if they are from SW Atlanta or up North...It is tradedy. What you should focus on is at this loss of life not the racial part of it.
Trust me if this had happened elsewhere, these comments wouldnt be like this. There would be all kinds of racist remarks. But I see that its one-sided all the way around.
Susan

Lawrenceville, GA

#20 Nov 5, 2007
anon1 wrote:
Hummm....you all sure are compassionate on here. Probably would have a lot more to say if this accident had occurred in SW Atlanta or College Park, East Point or somewhere huh???? But its in your neck of the woods now huh????As with all the other crime that is occurring in Atlanta suburbs. The stats show its worse up there with yours....
What has thir Tragic Accident have to do with Crime in SW Atlanta? These families have suffered the lost of their child, and the injuries to other family members that could result in a life time of hurt or even death and you are trying to Trump the Race Card !!! How dare you!! I am so tired of every time something ANYTHING happens and it's a Race war! I lost my son and a friend of his that was hit by two suspects in East Point running from the police after robbing a Pawn Shop!!!! Guess What, his friend was Black, it still hurt my heart just as much as it does to hear about this child, and guess what, YES it was three Blacks running from the Cops, so don't you dare start trying to make yourself into being the victim, because of your Race!!This family is suffering the loss of a child and I know how that feels, so if you can not show some symphathy here, stay OFF of here and leave this for people who would like for the families that are suffering from this Accident to know that their hearts and prayers are with them do not have to read about anyone's pity party!!!!
LNS4E

Lawrenceville, GA

#22 Nov 5, 2007
Parents need to start locking up keys to vehicles. This is getting out of control!!!
Kat

United States

#26 Nov 5, 2007
I am so sorry for the loss - however, where in your story does it say it was a White boy or a Black boy?? The story I am reading states the name has not been released - so get off you high horse and shut up. Feel bad for the families and stop turning it to a racist thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dacula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NeNe Leakes reportedly owes more than $800,000 ... Aug 20 Surprised 1
Review: Daniel F Ashley Attorney (Dec '09) Aug 19 Victor Bute 20
Review: Choe's Hapkido Martial Arts Lawrenceville (May '14) Jul '16 Ema 11
Review: Gwinnett Daily Post Classified ADS (Feb '13) Jul '16 Tony Mozeils 4
News Bail scam lands man inside cell (Jul '08) May '16 Sarah 17
Is Lawrenceville safe? (Mar '10) Apr '16 Proud black man 15
News Barrow County Auburn police officer fired follo... Apr '16 Doodle Bob 1

Dacula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dacula Mortgages