Snellville mayor to call for Sunday a...

Snellville mayor to call for Sunday alcohol referendum

There are 4 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Apr 30, 2010, titled Snellville mayor to call for Sunday alcohol referendum. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

In a surprise twist in Snellville's Sunday alcohol sales controversy, the city's mayor said on Friday he'll push for a referendum this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Gary Ingram

Calhoun, GA

#1 May 8, 2010
I'm 64 years now. I've spent many years watching the church vote via it's congregations. Sunday is no different than any other day of the week. To stop alcohol sales any day of the week is just stupid. History has proven drinking alcohol will not be stopped. Let the people have their wine with pasta. Allow people to have a beer with their pizza. Just GET OVER THE CONTROL THING.
Stephanie

Cumming, GA

#2 May 11, 2010
Adults need to be treated like adults and not have the church and government interferring with EVERYTHING!!! If folks want to have a cocktail on Sunday with their meal - let them do it in peace. If you don't want to enjoy a cocktail on Sunday, then don't, but stop trying to stick your nose in everyone elses business. There are much bigger issues that Snellville needs to focus on then worrying about stoping a grown person from having a beer on Sunday...geez
caroline

Snellville, GA

#3 May 13, 2010
I think the city should look at this of a way of bringing money into the city, people want to go out to eat and have a drink, and when this is done, of course they spend money achohol is exspensive, use this to your advantage, city of snellville.
2eachhisown

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Mar 2, 2011
Snellville and southern Gwinnett should see why they are growing even in the recession and not change a thing as people must like ti just as it is. The good looking Mayor Olberholtzer is bringing companies there so let him do what he wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dacula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Lawrenceville safe? (Mar '10) May 16 Southern General 19
Laura lane May 16 Ramone 1
Katie Jackson Powell Apr '18 Powpow 1
Phil Lindsey Apr '18 Stacy 3
News Men force-fed a goat cocaine and whiskey a " an... Feb '18 Paco Taco 2
News Teen Sentenced in Gwinnett Co. Murder (Mar '08) Jan '18 jehovah cordell 35
Daycare centers (Jan '16) Jan '16 Cyrenalou16 1

Dacula Jobs

Personal Finance

Dacula Mortgages