Family, Politicians, Mourners Crowd M...

Family, Politicians, Mourners Crowd Memorial for Texas Gay Bullying Victim, 13

There are 16 comments on the Edge San Francisco story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Family, Politicians, Mourners Crowd Memorial for Texas Gay Bullying Victim, 13. In it, Edge San Francisco reports that:

A young gay suicide victim was honored by hundreds who attended his memorial service in Cypress, Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edge San Francisco.

Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
If students were bullied because of their religion, the parents would howl like scalded cats.
I note there is already boo hooing about the inclusion of anti gay bullying, somehow being perceived as anti Christian. The fact that they think that anti gay bullying is anti Christian PROVES that they are already admitting that their hate is threatened somehow by this rule.
The blame is on their scrawny little shoulders. They should, but won't, be ashamed.

I don't know if there is an after life, but it would be interesting to see their sputtering and trying to explain their hate filled lives.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#2 Oct 4, 2010
This is SO tragic and sad.
:(
As a Christian, I pray the people who caused this young boy's death get the justice they deserve, in this world AND the next.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Curteese wrote:
If students were bullied because of their religion, the parents would howl like scalded cats.
I note there is already boo hooing about the inclusion of anti gay bullying, somehow being perceived as anti Christian. The fact that they think that anti gay bullying is anti Christian PROVES that they are already admitting that their hate is threatened somehow by this rule.
The blame is on their scrawny little shoulders. They should, but won't, be ashamed.
I don't know if there is an after life, but it would be interesting to see their sputtering and trying to explain their hate filled lives.
Exactly; I was about to say to *you*, "DUDE THEY ALREADY HOWL ABOUT IT," but you covered that, more or less. They manufacture and fabricate that a form of "bullying" is already going on! In one thread, I actually said in reply to the article, "Hey, know what? If they say they're being bullied, how about we MAKE IT TRUE? Let's HELP THEIR CLAIM come true." It was somewhat sarcasm and somewhat saying that with their current bullying, they have nothing to complain about.

Many of the "teen suicide" threads on these boards contain comments in which the anti-gay are gloating over the suicides. At least one poster claims to be representing "nom," in fact. Wonder what "nom" would think of that.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Oct 4, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
This is SO tragic and sad.
:(
As a Christian, I pray the people who caused this young boy's death get the justice they deserve, in this world AND the next.
Unfortunately the christians who likely are responsible for his death are also praying against you. So I guess your prayers cancel each other out?
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#5 Oct 4, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the christians who likely are responsible for his death are also praying against you. So I guess your prayers cancel each other out?
Youre a real A-hole, and PROUD of it I see too.

:)

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Frank; you are the a$$hole, answer the question.

If anti-gay christians are praying against homosexuals; pro gay christians are praying for homosexuals, what does god do?

Count and see if it is a wash?

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Just proud to be anti-christian. Christians serve no purpose, especially those like you that pick & choose what to believe. At least I can respect the hard core ones that actually believe every word of their fairytale. It would be like me believing Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, but there's NO WAY reindeer could fly......
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#8 Oct 5, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just proud to be anti-christian. Christians serve no purpose, especially those like you that pick & choose what to believe. At least I can respect the hard core ones that actually believe every word of their fairytale. It would be like me believing Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, but there's NO WAY reindeer could fly......
A while back I was trying to write a story about Satan and what would be the result of him trying to go good, and I did some deep some research on the whole Christian thing.

What amazed me is it's all based on Greek myths, which were based on pagan myths. It is basically a long list of fairy tales and for thousands of years people have lived and died for these stories. If anyone would do any rudimentary research, they would begin to doubt. I seriously don't see that happening, for then what pie in the sky would they hold out for then?
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#9 Oct 5, 2010
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>A while back I was trying to write a story about Satan and what would be the result of him trying to go good, and I did some deep some research on the whole Christian thing.
What amazed me is it's all based on Greek myths, which were based on pagan myths. It is basically a long list of fairy tales and for thousands of years people have lived and died for these stories. If anyone would do any rudimentary research, they would begin to doubt. I seriously don't see that happening, for then what pie in the sky would they hold out for then?
Well Christianity has always been heavily influenced by Greek culture from the very beginninig, because the New Testament was written in Greek, and Christians lived in a Roman world that was heavily self-Hellenized. And while Christianity developed over the centuries a systematic view of Hell; with the Devil, his demons, fire and brimstone, separate rings of torment, etc., from what I have read the Jews did NOT have a sytematic view of what we Christians call Hell.

But as a Christian, and for reasons other than just Faith, I have no doubt that Heaven and Hell really do exist.("Hell" in the ancient Greek was called "New Jersey".:))

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Christianity has always been heavily influenced by Greek culture from the very beginninig, because the New Testament was written in Greek, and Christians lived in a Roman world that was heavily self-Hellenized. And while Christianity developed over the centuries a systematic view of Hell; with the Devil, his demons, fire and brimstone, separate rings of torment, etc., from what I have read the Jews did NOT have a sytematic view of what we Christians call Hell.
But as a Christian, and for reasons other than just Faith, I have no doubt that Heaven and Hell really do exist.("Hell" in the ancient Greek was called "New Jersey".:))
As a Seussian I have no doubt that Whoville & The Jungle of Nool really do exist.......
Patton Funerals

Frankston, TX

#11 Oct 5, 2010
Tragic, indeed. Definitely, more attention needed.

http://jamespattonfuneraldirectors.wordpress....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2010
Sacgary wrote:
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
Seriously Frank; you are the a$$hole, answer the question.
If anti-gay christians are praying against homosexuals; pro gay christians are praying for homosexuals, what does god do?
Count and see if it is a wash?
Come on Frank you pussified moron. Answer the question.
just a mom

Houston, TX

#13 Oct 6, 2010
The schools here don't care as long as the TAKS scores are good. My family experienced the CFISD school district's reaction to bullying in recent years. Nothing to do with her sexual orientation...just a nasty girl. The advice from the assistant principal was for my daughter to "knock the crap out of her"! Seriously? He then followed up by saying that he would have to suspend my daughter but maybe the bullying would stop!

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Oct 7, 2010
just a mom wrote:
The schools here don't care as long as the TAKS scores are good. My family experienced the CFISD school district's reaction to bullying in recent years. Nothing to do with her sexual orientation...just a nasty girl. The advice from the assistant principal was for my daughter to "knock the crap out of her"! Seriously? He then followed up by saying that he would have to suspend my daughter but maybe the bullying would stop!
When we start suing the school districts they WILL start caring!
mobierurt

Livingston, TX

#15 Oct 29, 2010
home school
stupiD

Livingston, TX

#16 Oct 29, 2010
Yea right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cypress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rodio Construction LLC (Apr '13) Wed Cathy Fart 9
Heroin (Jun '15) May 22 Drool farts 5
Review: MH Brothers Roofing & Waterproofing (Jul '15) May 19 Fart repair 6
The ink spot in cypress May 19 Stinky farts 2
Joshua Clayton May 19 Float a fart 2
Anyone looking for Tar May 18 Poooy Fart 12
My wife in need of a Kidney Transplant May 18 Heavenly Fart 4

Cypress Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance