`A heinous crime'

`A heinous crime'

There are 23 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Jun 8, 2008, titled `A heinous crime'. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Colleen Sowma , with some of her family, shows a painting of her husband, Cypress Police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Lytle Creek, CA

#21 Jun 18, 2008
CMJ wrote:
Bobby Joe Denney was convicted of killing a Cypress police officer (La Mirada resident) and received a life sentence with the possibility of parole.
Sowma's family and colleagues are collecting as many signatures as they can get by July 15 to prevent Denney from being paroled this year.
The Cypress Police Officers Association has the petition available online at:
www.cypresspoa.org/Sowma %20Petition%20Page.htm
I did one better. I wrote a letter to the Board Of Prison Terms asking for a denial of Parole. Let's see what happens.
ROBERT DENNEY

United States

#22 Sep 8, 2010
LETS START HERE IM ROBERT DENNEY AS YOU CAN SEE I AM THE GRANDSON OF BOBBY JOE DENNEY I AM NOT POSTING TO THIS BLOG TO FIGHT OR ARGUE WHATS RIGHT OR WRONG OR WHATS JUST AND INJUST. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS THAT MY GRANDFATHER HAS CAUSED YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS HE HAS IN A SINCE CAUSED THE SAME LOSE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS WELL I WAS NOT EVEN BORN WHEN HE DID WHAT HE DID AND IN THE TIME HE SPENT IN HARP CORRECTIONS I WOULD GO VISIT HIM AND I CAN ASSURE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM MY HEART HE IS GREATLY SORRY AS AM I I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU FEEL THIS WAY BUT CONSIDER THIS WHEN HE TOOK A LIFE FROM YOUR FAMILY HE ALSO TOOK HIS LIFE. AND THERES NO DOUBT THAT HE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS AWFUL ACTIONS (CRIME) GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT NOT A LAW I GUESS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS WHEN SOMEONE COMMITS A CRIME SUCH AS THIS IT AFFECTS THE FAMILIY AND FRIENDS OF EVERYONE AND AGAIN IM SORRY FOR OUR LOSS BECAUSE I NO I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY NEVER GET TO HUG MY GRANDPA AGAIN AND TELL HIM I LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT MISTAKES HES MADE IN HIS LIFE
Itjustgetsworse

Irvine, CA

#23 Sep 14, 2010
Murders return to the street in California rather than face execution for their crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cypress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr LMSA 9,139
Anyone remember "Seal Beach James" ? (May '08) Wed LBGuy65 57
Little Girl Waves Thong at Mexican Rally Tue Kyjo 3
News High-rise towers, pedestrian bridge planned for... Jul 24 David 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jul 24 Pasquali 4,850
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 23 Lynn 4,551
Review: Maritza's Magic Touch Massage (Mar '10) Jul 11 Mamacook2004 5

Cypress Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cypress Mortgages