Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Datsdump

Covina, CA

#161182 Sep 28, 2012
Dats a dump you fool.
heartandmind

Europe

#161183 Sep 28, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
heartandmind.
Yes. I agree. Many of our animal friends can probably read, write, and comprehend as well as many human kids who have spent many years in expensive taxpayer funded Government schools. If the Government is going to require them to give written authorization in order to marry their best friends - as a clever way to circumvent the Republican's 14th Amendment to the Constitution - why shouldn't they also be required to give written authorization before being eaten by our Homosexual and non-Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and the Africans?
Ronald
go read contract law. and courts have already made many rulings based on marriage, contract law, etc.
just because you or i may not agree with all of the ruling does not invalidate them. just because you may not understand the rulings or current law does not invalidate those laws.

perhaps you may want to rethink getting married if you don't understand contracts, laws or marriage...or even if you're that deeply attached to your pooch.

now, stop straying from the topic. read the title of the thread and proceed to discuss the topic of the thread, if you're capable.
if not, stop making yourself appear silly and inane and run along.
heartandmind

Europe

#161184 Sep 28, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws come and go. I've traveled around the world. Studied as much history as possible. Never had any trouble finding marriage or recognizing it. In all of recorded human history, in every single culture, there has been marriage. It just is.
In all of recorded human history has there ever been a single culture that accepted gay unions as marriage. Where gay unions stood along side marriage, established themselves and spread.
It has briefly occurred, but never lasted. Will it this time? I'm not holding my breath.
See there is a simple reality. Any one seeing two couples will immediately and first see one as gay and the other married. Especially if it is a child seeing mom and dad.
Can't you see the difference? Makes you wonder how the 'law' missed it...
never? a single culture?

you might want to research a bit more - the chinese and romans both had noted same sex marriage ceremonies of various leaders and citizens.

see, here's a simple reality. there are gay and straight american citizens and they all pay taxes. some more, some less. there are straight and gay segments of american society. then there's verbiage of the 14th amendment assuring us ALL the same rights, yet laws are written to deny gay americans the right to marry their fellow gays, yet straights aren't denied this right. the gao even stated a few years ago a lengthy list of about 1300 priviliegs extended to married couples - and being as the laws are written the way they are, gays are denied access to these rights. unless, of course, you're trying to tell us you expect gays to marry under false pretenses - making it a fraud....which is not only considered immorale but in some instances illegal. so for a gay person to follow your supposed logic, you expect them to lie in some form and to participate in a fraud and open themselves up to civil if not legal lawsuits.

consider for a moment if the shoe were on the other foot. how would it be if the marriage laws of this nation were completely opposite of what they are? imagine if straights weren't allowed to marry legally. what do you think would happen? i'd say at the very least far stronger responses than what you're seeing currently under current conditions. now think on a more personal note for a moment. what if your civil rights were denied to you - for any reason at all? what would your reaction be? crawl up in a corner and just shut up about it? i would hope that you would stand up & fight your way clear to being able to have access to and enjoy those civil rights, whatever they may be.

and finally, how would your own access to your civil rights be altered if another group could do the same things you do? how has it affected other groups in american history? did whites suddenly lose something when blacks could vote? did men suddenly lose something when women could vote?
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#161185 Sep 28, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
never? a single culture?
you might want to research a bit more - the chinese and romans both had noted same sex marriage ceremonies of various leaders and citizens.
see, etc.etc...
You might like this site:

http://stayonfountain.com/the-round-up/best-a...

The Best Argument for Gay Marriage Iíve Ever Heard
by Adam on Jan 10, 2012
Vatican

Covina, CA

#161187 Sep 28, 2012
We don't care about you spoonHead bobby.
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#161189 Sep 28, 2012
Vatican wrote:
We don't care about you spoonHead bobby.
Dear Mr. Ratican (or is that Fatican?)

That's O.K., I don't expect you to care...but I wish you were fair. Your God created gays...do you think He did that to punish you and make you angry?
SpoonFella

Covina, CA

#161190 Sep 28, 2012
My little spoonFella, are you having another bad day?
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

#161193 Sep 28, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
go read contract law. and courts have already made many rulings based on marriage, contract law, etc.
just because you or i may not agree with all of the ruling does not invalidate them. just because you may not understand the rulings or current law does not invalidate those laws.
perhaps you may want to rethink getting married if you don't understand contracts, laws or marriage...or even if you're that deeply attached to your pooch.
now, stop straying from the topic. read the title of the thread and proceed to discuss the topic of the thread, if you're capable.
marriage is in Family Law, dumb-dumb, not Contracts

in fact marriage IS Family Law

here is an example of a simple contract: the one between you and your transsexual prostitute--prostitution by the way will automatically become legal everywhere in America if gay marriage stops its 40+ state vote losing streak

HEROIN-ADDICTED HOOKERS ARE THE NEW GAY!
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

#161194 Sep 28, 2012
actually heroin-addicted hookers are both the old and new gay
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#161195 Sep 28, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
heartandmind.

Exactly. Laws change. In fact, it is often necessary only to reinterpret the meaning of laws already in existence in order to establish a new Paradigm. For example, not long ago it was not possible for the Africans to enter into a legally binding contract to marry White people.

Unstated - but implied - in your response is that dog lovers should not be able to enter a legally binding "Government sanctioned" contract to marry the honeys' of their own choosing. Yet, this is no different from the "evolving" legally recognized "right" of two or more persons of the same sex to "marry" one another.

I understand that you old fogies have difficulty keeping up with the times. Since the revolution, though, the evolving nature of contract law has often been reinterpreted so as to be more in tune with this modern more enlightened age. The Republican's 14th Amendment guaranteed equal rights to our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, the Africans, and to we dog lovers alike - regardless of sexual orientation. Perhaps you should form a circle of your friends in the old folks home to discuss its implications.

Our society is judged by how it treats the least among us. Our canine friends have been loyal to their masters for thousands of years. Let us reward that fidelity by setting them free.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/z9bx5

Ronald
WillardFella

Covina, CA

#161196 Sep 28, 2012
Shame on Wilard Mitt Romney for being so STUPID and trying to hide his true feelings towards the American Public.

He must have learned this in Church LDS...

motherjones.com

Where the truth comes out in the wash - video's..
UnoIt

Los Angeles, CA

#161199 Sep 28, 2012
WillardFella wrote:
Shame on Wilard Mitt Romney for being so STUPID and trying to hide his true feelings towards the American Public.
He must have learned this in Church LDS...
motherjones.com
Where the truth comes out in the wash - video's..
Hey WillardFella can you scratch my anal itch. I hear you're good at it.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#161203 Sep 28, 2012
Just think....

Three more days, and marriage equality just may return to the Golden State!

But at worst, we may only need to wait nine months.

I'm pregnant with anticipation....!
Stayeders

Covina, CA

#161204 Sep 28, 2012
Stay would be a better choice of words or word.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#161205 Sep 28, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I agree. My Homosexual friends and the lesbians are always making reference to "the Constitution" when they argue two or more persons of the same *(pardon the vulgarism)* sex should be able to "marry" one another. What they are really making reference to is our Republican friends' 14th Amendment. Because non-Homosexuals are equally denied any "right" to "marry" persons of the same sex, it is not a 14th Amendment issue.
Ronald
Whatever idiot. The 14th Amendment promises all US citizens equal protection under the law. And that includes marriage laws. It can't mention every law in its text.

Santa Monica, CA

#161206 Sep 28, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws come and go. I've traveled around the world. Studied as much history as possible. Never had any trouble finding marriage or recognizing it. In all of recorded human history, in every single culture, there has been marriage. It just is.
In all of recorded human history has there ever been a single culture that accepted gay unions as marriage. Where gay unions stood along side marriage, established themselves and spread.
It has briefly occurred, but never lasted. Will it this time? I'm not holding my breath.
Even if that's true, so what?
KiMare wrote:
See there is a simple reality. Any one seeing two couples will immediately and first see one as gay and the other married. Especially if it is a child seeing mom and dad.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
KiMare wrote:
Can't you see the difference? Makes you wonder how the 'law' missed it...
I'm sure people who see my bf and I together think, "interracial couple". Once someone even asked how we deal with being of different races.
At least once we were seen as "straight couple".
Again, so what?
monterde

Ocala, FL

#161207 Sep 28, 2012
Is Obama a fa**ot for supporting same sex marriage?

GaysAgainstMarriage.com

Santa Monica, CA

#161208 Sep 28, 2012
KiMare wrote:
What I stated is simple common sense facts.
1. Marriage is the only relationship that has the potential to produce human fruit.
No, dummy, it's not. A quick pump 'n dump can produce "human fruit".
KiMare wrote:
Your choice not to doesn't change that or open the door for those who NEVER can to come in.[/QUTOE]

People who can NEVER produce human fruit marry all the time. The ability to spawn just isn't a requirement for marriage, no matter how you twirl it.

[QUOTE who="KiMare"]
2. Does not having children 'diminish' marriage? In some cases, yes. But for sure not having children 'limits' marriage. Just
another inconvenient truth.
Having children 'limits' marriage. You are burdened and limited by the responsibilities of having kids. Just another inconvenient truth.
KiMare wrote:
3. If you can distinguish the difference between romantic love and other types, surely you know the vast difference between diverse gender love and dumdant gender love.
I think that's BS, but there is really no way to know. I assume that a gay man or lesbian feels the same kind of feelings I feel when they look at their partner that I feel when I look at mine.
Anyway, love isn't really an issue. Marriage is a legal contract. You don't have to love the person you marry.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#161209 Sep 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dummy, it's not. A quick pump 'n dump can produce "human fruit".
<quoted text>
Having children 'limits' marriage. You are burdened and limited by the responsibilities of having kids. Just another inconvenient truth.
<quoted text>
I think that's BS, but there is really no way to know. I assume that a gay man or lesbian feels the same kind of feelings I feel when they look at their partner that I feel when I look at mine.
Anyway, love isn't really an issue. Marriage is a legal contract. You don't have to love the person you marry.
Even if that's true, so what?
Fogged

Covina, CA

#161210 Sep 28, 2012
Get me another x-ray, this one looks like a dog?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cypress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 6 hr Davis 11,450
La Mirada Locs Smash LMP (Jul '15) 14 hr Freeman 60
Anyone remember "Seal Beach James" ? (May '08) Sun Jozbluz 58
News Man robbed during Norwalk meetup with online se... May 18 tellinitlikeitis 1
Tony Aiello receives coveted endorsement from d... (Feb '17) May 18 LMResident 5
News Some cities rebelling against California a sanc... May 16 spud 2
Brady fan with a (_)_)////D Feb '18 Boner Intro 1

Cypress Jobs

Personal Finance

Cypress Mortgages