Western Christian Schools to continue...

Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as...

There are 2050 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jan 23, 2009, titled Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

An injunction to halt the sale of certain assets of Upland Christian Schools has been set aside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Friend of UCS

United States

#603 Feb 6, 2009
What an incredible meeting last night! It looks like God is doing an amazing new thing here. May God bless Western Christian Schools AND Upland Christian Academy. May His face shine on both ministries and may His Kingdom be extended throughout the valley.
UCS Parent

Chino, CA

#604 Feb 6, 2009
I am also very excited about the great turnout and the enthusiasm for the Upland Christian Academy. I hope that everyone interested will go to the upland christianhotline facebook page and message with their e-mail information to get more info. The new web page isn't up just yet.

I did get the e-mail from Winter yesterday, and it was pretty much the rhetoric I expected except for the part about the District never receiving any offer. Well they said "acceptable offer." I assume the acceptable is subjective enough to be twisted however they want and then used to ease their consciences.

Truth is, a church full of people saw with their own eyes last night the offer and the follow up letters. The fact that the people are still denying that communicates more than the rest of the e-mail. Why don't both parties just admit that they want to proceed with this sale at any cost, and they don't really care about the UCS families. We know it anyway.

I am glad we're turning a page. We got more answers from our parent board last night than Winter gave about the existing campus. We have so much hope now thanks to these wonderful, dedicated parents who are working so hard to preserve our culture and our school. They are even asking the parents and the kids for input about what they loved and valued most about UCS. Wow, they want the input of their families! And what could be better than Mrs. Chiappone running the school? The news that she is on board is absolutely the best news we've had in months. Mrs. Chiappone is a school superintendent that no one can argue about her integrity. It has always been outstanding. This is a happy day. After all the frustration and tears, we can finally begin moving ahead.
proud ucs parent

Upland, CA

#605 Feb 6, 2009
Way to go UCS for showing the commitment you have for your wonderful school. I am so glad we are a part of it. I knew we made the right choice when we left Western!!

Thank-you parent board for all of the hours you have put into this new mission. Wow! what you have accomplished in two weeks...we look forward to see the amazing things in 6 months!!

...and commenting to one blog that said God Bless Karen Winter for all she has done for our school and children(wcs parent)...yeah taking away all of the aides and having two personal secretaries for herself was such a great move for your children...and as for Michelle Browning, she has no clue which end is up...she has never even taught one day in her life-fact-how does a principal get in that position without experience of teaching...yeah quality education...
Parent and Alumni

Ontario, CA

#606 Feb 6, 2009
proud ucs parent wrote:
...and commenting to one blog that said God Bless Karen Winter for all she has done for our school and children(wcs parent)...yeah taking away all of the aides and having two personal secretaries for herself was such a great move for your children...and as for Michelle Browning, she has no clue which end is up...she has never even taught one day in her life-fact-how does a principal get in that position without experience of teaching...yeah quality education...
Hey now. Don't talk like that. We're all excited about what God is doing with UCS, but don't smear anymore names along the way, because you wind up smearing OUR name. Let the Lord judge. Keep your eyes fixed Him, family. Don't look to the right or to the left.
proud ucs parent

Upland, CA

#607 Feb 6, 2009
I didn't say names first...their own did...just commenting what the other person brought up and was wondering how firing their own aides helped their kids and just thinking about all of the wonderful things they would be doing for "ours"...such as that-

not judging, just wondering...and those facts

but you are right, the last thing I would want is to smear our name :)
UCS Dad

Lucerne Valley, CA

#608 Feb 6, 2009
Parent and Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now. Don't talk like that. We're all excited about what God is doing with UCS, but don't smear anymore names along the way, because you wind up smearing OUR name. Let the Lord judge. Keep your eyes fixed Him, family. Don't look to the right or to the left.
I agree...like one parent board member said last night, "The past is in the past and we are moving forward!" Very exciting. ALL IN! Unity, Faith, Hope! UCA!
Blessings

Los Angeles, CA

#609 Feb 6, 2009
"Proud UCS Parent", I pray you are successful and your children are blessed. I see God at work in this new school. I am truly sorry for what you have had to endure. But please, please do not criticize people who have always been Christlike in their behavior. Michelle Browning has served the Lord faithfully for many years as a godly leader. She did not act against UCS in anyway. This is not the time or place to air some old issue you may have had. Make UCS proud of your behavior. I do pray that all goes well and you succeed with UCA.
a Parent

San Jose, CA

#610 Feb 6, 2009
proud ucs parent wrote:
Way to go UCS for showing the commitment you have for your wonderful school. I am so glad we are a part of it. I knew we made the right choice when we left Western!!
Thank-you parent board for all of the hours you have put into this new mission. Wow! what you have accomplished in two weeks...we look forward to see the amazing things in 6 months!!
Can't you just be happy for yourself without hknocking someone else down. The first 2 paragraphs would have been great but then you go and attack AGAIN, therefore your "happy thoughts" are null and void. I doubt you'd be truly happy anywhere. Even when you get your way, you find something to complain about. WOW
WCS Family

San Jose, CA

#611 Feb 6, 2009
Parent and Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You, you are one of the only gracious people blogging. I pray God's blessings on your new school and hope it grows as unto the Lord. You are a good example of a loving UCS parent
UCS Mom

San Jose, CA

#612 Feb 6, 2009
proud ucs parent wrote:
You already did! STOP!!!
Parent 2004

San Jose, CA

#613 Feb 6, 2009
Too bad I don't have more children so I could send them to the new school. How wonderful. I love Mrs.Chiappone and I know she will do a great job. This school will not only succeed but surpass the other one in time. I do have a neighbor with a 3 year old so when he ready I will be sending him down to you guys.
Praying

Los Angeles, CA

#614 Feb 6, 2009
proud ucs parent wrote:
I didn't say names first...their own did...just commenting what the other person brought up and was wondering how firing their own aides helped their kids and just thinking about all of the wonderful things they would be doing for "ours"...such as that-
not judging, just wondering...and those facts
My children used to tell me, "but he started it." We as parents should be above that. This does not help either situation, we should all move forward rather than creating a gust of wind.
UCS Parent

Chino, CA

#615 Feb 6, 2009
Let's all stay positive. We have so much now to look forward to. We may be losing our campus, but we are also losing the debt. Even though we could have dealt with it, now we don't have to! Which means our tuition is not going up!

We have answers to many questions. We have respectful, organized, enthusiastic leadership who is actually interested in our feedback and concerns. We have Mrs. Chiappone back!

We have a lot of excited families. We have a great plan. We have experienced help and guidance. And we have a faithful and loving God guiding the endeavor.

We are so blessed. Let's celebrate all the wonderful positive blessings that have come from this situation as God keeps His promise to work ALL things for good for those who love Him and serve according to His purpose.
UC Academy Supporter

Redondo Beach, CA

#616 Feb 6, 2009
Hello to all,
I am so glad this new school is starting. I was tired of staff being threaten and fired at UCS. Questions promised to be answered to parents by the person running UCS, not answered.
I was so glad to see Dr. Kienel&#8207; at our meeting in support of our new school, why else would he be there.
I think that both Western and UCS parents should call Dr. Kienel&#8207; to see how well this school is starting and how the new school looks for input how they would like to see the new school run.
To those who think we are against Western school, please feel free to call or E-mail Sandra at the Daily Bulletin, She will say we did our best to avoid any wrong to Western.
To those at the meeting last night THANK YOU!!:)
UCS Dad

Lucerne Valley, CA

#617 Feb 6, 2009
UC Academy Supporter wrote:
Hello to all,
I am so glad this new school is starting. I was tired of staff being threaten and fired at UCS. Questions promised to be answered to parents by the person running UCS, not answered.
I was so glad to see Dr. Kienel&#8207; at our meeting in support of our new school, why else would he be there.
I think that both Western and UCS parents should call Dr. Kienel&#8207; to see how well this school is starting and how the new school looks for input how they would like to see the new school run.
To those who think we are against Western school, please feel free to call or E-mail Sandra at the Daily Bulletin, She will say we did our best to avoid any wrong to Western.
To those at the meeting last night THANK YOU!!:)
It is good to see your support for UCA. However, I believe you have misjudged Dr. Kienel's intentions last night. He was there to listen and had requested to speak (I can only assume against the foundation of a new school) but was not permitted to due to the desire by the parent board keep the focus positive regarding the fresh start of UCA. If you have read the Friday Update email from Dr. Kienel you will see that he is CLEARLY not in favor of UCA andthe possibility taking prospective students and teachers away to start the new school.
UCS Parent

Chino, CA

#618 Feb 6, 2009
Sorry to say that your assumption about Dr. Kienel is apparently incorrect based on his e-mail today, where he expressly objects to:

"1)The use of Upland Christian Schools name in their corporation;
2)Publically announcing that they will issue teacher contracts to all the teachers at Upland Christian Schools to work at their Upland Christian Academy next fall; and

3) Their public invitation to invite all the junior and senior high students of Upland Christian Schools to a meeting to urge them to attend their Upland Christian Academy."

I cannot believe that after everything he has witnessed being done to us THIS is what he finds unethical??? Well I guess we know exactly who he stands with in this, if we had any doubt.

I will say this in response:

Why should we not have our name? NO ONE at UCS wanted this to happen. We wanted to keep our school. WCS and the Naz District took everything else from us. They aren't going to keep the school as UCS. Why should anyone care about us keeping our name? That is not unethical. We're expected to be graceful about surrendering our campus but they can't have enough grace to let us keep our name? Sue Chiappone led UCS, and she is rightfully leading the new school. It is as it should be.

Secondly, we are joyfully and excitedly moving forward to put our kids where we feel God is leading us to put them - after all they've been through - and now it's unethical to invite our Jr. High and H.S. students to have input about what they love about their school? Come on!

And lastly, our teachers didn't have a choice either. Many of them likely won't have jobs next year if WCS is their only option. That is the way the job market works. Anyone can ethically offer anyone else a job. In fact, businesses regularly try to entice potentially valuable employees to work for them. What about all the times everyone told us this is just business?? There is nothing unethical about that. They don't have to say yes. If WCS is offering them something great, they can do what they want. But please. There are no ethical issues here.

You've finally crossed the line Dr. Kienel.
UCA future parent

Los Angeles, CA

#619 Feb 6, 2009
Wow! how exciting to know that our parents are not just laying down for the weak Dr Kienel,what a joke.. to bring in someone like this pope wanta be,man i am so upset at this guy coming in and expecting parents to just sit back and take all the abuse that he and his clones have been throwing at us i tell you these guys have really put alot of doubt in the "organized religion"concept of christianity,i call this an "organized business" thank God that we have the common sense to distinguish right from wrong.
Currently attends UFCN

Frisco, TX

#620 Feb 6, 2009
Parent 2004 wrote:
He was a good guy Pastor Bassett and one of the best they had as far as speaking. Too bad he was asked to leave. Had he stayed this never would have happened.
But who knows maybe they asked him to go so they could put a pawn in there to do this to the school. Dave would never fall for that plus his wife was a teacher there and he had kids. This old geezer does not care as he is in it for the Benjamins.
Like mentioned previously, I am definitely missing some facts. I do not understand why Pastor Bassett, trying to bridge the gap between the two ministries, would be asked to resign. I would think the church would welcome any school families that came thru the doors on Sunday morning.
UCS Parent

Chino, CA

#621 Feb 6, 2009
I guess I should clarify that his e-mail said the three quoted points above were, in Kienel's opinion, unethical and unprofessional. I seriously can't get over the fact that this is what he finally chooses to speak out about as unethical and unprofessional.

I was at the meeting last night, and I can tell you that what was actually said in relation to #3 is that they wanted any kids Jr. High and older who were interested in the new school to come and give input about what they love about their school for the purpose of making the new school the best it can be for them. Wow, that's really unethical! After all our kids have gone through at the hands of the current leadership, I think our older kids welcome the opportunity to be a part of something positive. I was also happy that this new school actually wants and encourages parent and student input. How refreshing! It is not unethical in any way.

Though it was not actually said last night in the context implied, the invitation is absolutely open to ANY Jr. High and H.S. students who have an interest in being part of this new school.
Knows the Truth

United States

#622 Feb 6, 2009
Currently attends UFCN wrote:
Like mentioned previously, I am definitely missing some facts. I do not understand why Pastor Bassett, trying to bridge the gap between the two ministries, would be asked to resign. I would think the church would welcome any school families that came thru the doors on Sunday morning.
As I said before, pastor Dave was asked to resign because of financial issues. The church was losing membership, due to an assortment of reasons, and could no longer afford its staff. The church board asked Dave to resign as they got their finances in order.

As far as the church's stance on the church-school relationship: The church has always had a long standing policy: The school is not to be a harvesting field for the church. The church does not require the students, parents, teachers, or staff to attend the church. They only require that the board be church members. Sue wasn't even a regular attender for a while, even though I believe she still had membership status. The church did not want the parents to feel pressured into going to the church. Obviously, if the parents or staff were looking, the church would open its doors for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cypress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coalition formed to back Washington Boulevard f... (Dec '13) 10 hr Smith Straightin 19
Tom Is Even Fatter Now 10 hr Marantha del Phat... 5
Black Culture: So Better Than Brown 11 hr Hector Casillas 1
Where is LMP (Mar '08) 11 hr Cherokee Loco 83
Ding Dong, Dickhead is Dead! 11 hr Shawn Iam 3
Helicopter by La Mirada Blvd (Apr '10) 11 hr Horace Failqueer ... 3
News Locals catch 10-foot mako (Aug '07) 18 hr gondolaride 43

Cypress Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cypress Mortgages