harrison memorial hospital

harrison memorial hospital

Posted in the Cynthiana Forum

grandmaw

AOL

#1 Jul 12, 2010
I know alot of people may say that I'm wrong but that place needs to change. I'm not talking about how the place looks but how the Doctors act. When a person goes to a hospital and just say they are In alot of pain! well the way I see It Is the first thing the Doctor Is thinking of Is oop's this person Is a drug seeker, and yes sometimes they might be wright about that. But It's the way they go about It that gets me! If they think that of them then check there blood or something but don't treat them like they are not In pain because I know to many people including myself who had been looked down on and I for one don't care much for lying about things expecially when I'm in pain. All I am saying Is treat people with respect and check them first without giving a dirty look.
autopartsman

Fort Madison, IA

#2 Jul 13, 2010
Unfortunatly they probaby seeso many people seeking a quick "score" and hve been trained so many times to watch for it that they are suspect unless the patient was in a car wreck or unconcious. I'm not saying it's right, just a fact oftheir training and experience. They are also probably suspct of anyone able to entr under their own power as possibly being a plant to find out how easy it is to get drugs due to the high rate of drug use in this town and county
Grandpaw

United States

#3 Jul 13, 2010
Also why did they create a job at the hostipal for Ex-cop David Powers? All he could ever do as a cop was stay in walmart parking lot and look for someone parking illegal or watch women. He was to lazy to get out of the cop car,he made them come to him so he could write the ticket.Never mind ,I just figured it out.They have donuts downstairs in the cafeteria,As if his fat lazy ass needs more donuts.Or maybe he is there for some pills to?
interven

Powell, OH

#4 Jul 13, 2010
My son is an addict and was at HMH emergency room because of an accident. He was being released the nurse brought his pain script to him. Before she handed it to him I explained how he did not need a scrpit for narcotics because he was a recovering addict. She said and I quote "The doctor already has it written" she handed it to my son and walked away. Could she not have gone back to the Dr. and ask him to write something other than a narcotic? If we can sue bartenders for drunks accidents why can we not sue the nurses and Dr.s for delivering scripts that cause overdoses?
curious

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jul 14, 2010
HMH is a freakin joke. powers wife works there and prob got him a job since he aint a cop anymore. if u have real pain or probs, go elsewhere unless ur prepared to give oral...in the parking lot. they could do blood test to c if ppl r really drug seekers on somethin or in real pain. dont go there. its a joke for a poor community. ive heard the drs can only give 12 pills narcotics script cuz of the abuse from ppl and drs. who's worse? juss dont support them.
KElly

Stone Mountain, GA

#6 Jul 14, 2010
they almost killed me when i had pneumonia. god i hate that hospital
jay walker

Mendota, IL

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Grandpaw wrote:
Also why did they create a job at the hostipal for Ex-cop David Powers? All he could ever do as a cop was stay in walmart parking lot and look for someone parking illegal or watch women. He was to lazy to get out of the cop car,he made them come to him so he could write the ticket.Never mind ,I just figured it out.They have donuts downstairs in the cafeteria,As if his fat lazy ass needs more donuts.Or maybe he is there for some pills to?
lets not forget the tricks he pulled while trying to get ahead farming.
lying misleading people and cold checks while being a cop but you get what you pay for thats why he staid in cynthiana no one else would hire him.
Grandpaw

United States

#8 Jul 16, 2010
jay walker wrote:
<quoted text>
lets not forget the tricks he pulled while trying to get ahead farming.
lying misleading people and cold checks while being a cop but you get what you pay for thats why he staid in cynthiana no one else would hire him.
Yes and he also went from a cop to the fire department when he got in trouble with not wanting to pay his note at Jim Brown's bank when Jim got Mayor of Cynthiana the first time,then when Jim got beat by Virgie Wells,the loser cried his way back to the Police force.But you know what....He fits right in with all the other loser cops Cynthiana had in the past and the ones they have now..You are right no one would hire them anywhere else.
idc

Anderson, SC

#9 Jul 16, 2010
Well the reason he left the Fire Dept was he actually realized that they had to WORK for their pay, and not ride around town or hang out at WalMart. Yes they (F.D.) do have down time but as a paid F.D. they have to maintain a certain # of hrs a yr to keep their certification up. It's not like going to Richmond for a week of SITTING in class for a week, he was even more USELESS on the F.D. than he was with the P.D.
Granpaw

United States

#10 Jul 16, 2010
idc wrote:
Well the reason he left the Fire Dept was he actually realized that they had to WORK for their pay, and not ride around town or hang out at WalMart. Yes they (F.D.) do have down time but as a paid F.D. they have to maintain a certain # of hrs a yr to keep their certification up. It's not like going to Richmond for a week of SITTING in class for a week, he was even more USELESS on the F.D. than he was with the P.D.
Do you think he may just be a useless person alltogether.He is most likly trying to screw his own brother out of the farm that was left to them.I heard he screwed the Claysville Church out of rent money and his own mother had to buy a mobile home for herself so David and his family would have a place to live
nice view

Macon, GA

#11 Jul 24, 2010
Been there as a patient a couple of times---they done an outstanding job. Proud to have such a facility in Cynthiana.
jay walker

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 27, 2010
Granpaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think he may just be a useless person alltogether.He is most likly trying to screw his own brother out of the farm that was left to them.I heard he screwed the Claysville Church out of rent money and his own mother had to buy a mobile home for herself so David and his family would have a place to live
Closer to the truth then you realize

“chickadee”

Since: Jul 10

Lexington,ky

#13 Jul 29, 2010
i went to the HMH ER once about a yr ago and was in so much pain in my back and they wouldnt give me shit but something i never heard of and the next day i went back cause it was worse and the same Dr look at me and said i cant give u anything else i look at him and i said im not here for your damn pain pills i dont do pills and even if u gave them to me i might not take them but something is wrong and im not leaving here till u do some kind of test on me and then he did (which he didnt do the first time i went) and then he found the kindey stones and look at me and said i guess your right i got up and walk out and told him to kiss my A**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cynthiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what do you all think about daniel perkins (Jun '09) 45 min Guessing 8
"ci" 8 hr Abc0225 10
County Barn 11 hr County Girl 1
Laken 13 hr Idk 3
Von berry Fri Cushion 6
Jmar apartments on meadow lane Apr 19 looking 1
Kelly Morris Apr 17 pale legs 35

Cynthiana Jobs

Personal Finance

Cynthiana Mortgages