wondering

United States

#1 Nov 22, 2012
What does everyone think about his cakes and prices?
Sanman

Belvidere, IL

#2 Nov 22, 2012
Cake are too high and not that tasty.
really

United States

#3 Nov 23, 2012
He doesn't make all that stuff like he says. Opens at 6am and you get yesterday's leftover. Not very good the couple of times I tried his stuff.No one is baking either. He keeps bankers hours so I hear.
Harrison co Resident

Macon, GA

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Dried out donuts that are over priced! I am surprised te shop has stayed open as long as it has! Pathetic and another typical cruddy cynthiana business!
really

United States

#5 Nov 25, 2012
For real. I'll just continue my business with Ken's Newmarket at least their donuts are made fresh daily.........first thing in the mornings while we sleep.
Nasty

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 25, 2012
Last time I went in there to get doughnuts, they told me they didn't have any left. I went back a couple of days later and got some. They were like round bricks. They were just as hard and dry. It is bad when a doughnut will actually break in half.
really

United States

#7 Nov 25, 2012
People can't support a "Small business" if quality is not present.
disgusted

Jackson, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2012
That is so right JJ's needs to think it over how do they think they can be successful selling stale things? I don't go there any longer. Kens has freshest and best! Get twice the amount of donuts for the money!
What If

Versailles, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2012
What would everyone thank of a Doughnut and Coffee drive threw with honest everyday Freshly made Doughnuts and Coffee????????And of course there would be plenty of other thangs on the menu,just wondering..........
really

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2012
If it had all the good qualities a restraunt should have......sure why not. Quality, customer service, and good management is success to any business. I know I've been a manager of fast food and loved it.
What If

Versailles, KY

#11 Nov 28, 2012
I thank good food and good service is what we need in this town.It would be so nice to have something like that.
Sanman

Elm Grove, WI

#12 Nov 30, 2012
I think JJ's has what is called pre-cooked downut. They come in frozen and all they have to do is thaw them and put them in the oven for a few min to warm them and then put a glaze on them. Not good at all the second day. Should not be sold the second day. I got a cake there once and they quoted a price and when i picked it up it was more and they said "we charge extra for icing" i kid you not. I commend that guy for wanting to go into business especially at a really young age but he does not have the experience to be doing wedding cakes and his flowers leave something to be desired. I have done cakes for many years and have been to many seminars and training classes. No i'm not the best around by far but I know what a rose is supposed to look like and the ones on my cake from there were flat like the icing was too thin. I do wish him the best in his business I just think more training is needed.
Sanman

Elm Grove, WI

#13 Nov 30, 2012
I meant donut. Please excuse my misspelled words
really

United States

#14 Nov 30, 2012
It's obvious his products are not made fresh from scratch. He does need to quit lying to the public about his products. It's only putting him in a deeper hole.....one he may not survive.
White girl

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Dec 8, 2012
To be a gay boy you'd think he would pay attention to detail! There is no detail or taste to anything! I love to shop local and to help our area but really...
from my experience

Winchester, KY

#16 Dec 11, 2012
Are they selling donuts again? After several visits there a few months ago and every time no donuts, I asked the older man that's always there about it. He said they quit selling them because their SUPPLIER had raised their prices on the donuts!!!!! He let the cat out of the bag!
Bigolsliceofmeat

Winchester, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Terrible place tried it once and haven't been back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cynthiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
curious about this chick 20 min backoff 10
Anyone know a girl named Rudy 1 hr Chino 13
Leave the Amish people alone (Jun '14) 9 hr Amanda 59
Saprina Loomis (Jan '10) 10 hr Birds of a feather 20
Toni Rae Thompson 11 hr I know 8
Robert Hudgins 12 hr Deb 7
Whatiswrong 14 hr Twenty Rocks 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cynthiana Mortgages