Places that buy cedar logs

Posted in the Cynthiana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Battle

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jan 14, 2011
I just bought a farm in the area and i want to clear some cedar thickets. Is there any place around here that buys cedar logs?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2011
go to a log home mfg. theres a place at a old school out towards cynthiana that buyys hardwood logs try them
We Know Me

Winchester, KY

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Mills are closed for the season. For cedar anyway. They aren't worth the effort for the money they were paying for them back in the fall.
Battle

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jan 16, 2011
Ok, well you didnt answer one question i had. Do these mills that are closed for the season have names, or names of people who run them? And maybe they arent worth the effort to you, but i have a ton i need cleared and i need to take them somewhere with nothin but time on my hands. Thanks for nothin!
Yes to the Facts

Winchester, KY

#5 Jan 16, 2011
Battle wrote:
Ok, well you didnt answer one question i had. Do these mills that are closed for the season have names, or names of people who run them? And maybe they arent worth the effort to you, but i have a ton i need cleared and i need to take them somewhere with nothin but time on my hands. Thanks for nothin!
Excuse the hell out of me. I have 200 acres of cedars, so I should know. Sold 10 trailer loads last fall and made nothing after fuel, travel and expenses. The mills buy nothing under 6 inches and 10 feet long. So Figure out the mills for yourself. LOL
well

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2011
what kind of money were they paying in the fall? When will they start buying again? I have 100 50 footers on the ground and i need to sell them. What is the name of the mill?
jimmy
#7 Jan 26, 2011
Try fairview forest products on 68 towards maysville its a amish place.
Battle

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2011
Thanks jimmy i will check them out but its kinda far! Thanks for the tip!
Amber

Corbin, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2011
How big do the cedar logs have to be for the amish place to buy them?
river rat

AOL

#10 Feb 6, 2011
The amish north of west union, ohio will buy them. The buy them all the way down to 3 inches at the top end. They must be cut 8 feet and 3 inches. THat would be about an hour and forty five minute drive for you-bring them a semi load. Course they don't have phone number to contact them.
Battle

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Feb 6, 2011
I've got some 16 inches and up. More 12 inchers than i can handle. Gotta be a better way than sellinnto the amish.
Amber

Corbin, KY

#12 Feb 7, 2011
River Rat, do you know the name of the place or the address?
Ask Abner

Jackson, KY

#13 Feb 7, 2011
Call or stop by Tri County Lumber Abner May know someone.
Southern IN

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 Feb 14, 2011
I would be interested in buying some....maybe 10-20 if you would be willing to sell that small of an amount. I have no idea what they go for...I'm wanting to build some furniture and fences and need some cedar logs. Would you be interested in selling a few to me?
mike cool

Chagrin Falls, OH

#18 Jan 6, 2013
i would like to by some logs my self for furniture etc ... i would say a 4x4 bundle 8 foot long diam from 3 to 6 inches 3309450458
black s10

United States

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Battle wrote:
I just bought a farm in the area and i want to clear some cedar thickets. Is there any place around here that buys cedar logs?

Here's 2 numbers that's buy Logs Cedars its where I sell my at this 1 is n Cynthiana 8595881975 and then other 1 16062672065
In the Know

Georgetown, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2013
There's a couple up in Corinth that do hiking staves, or used to, that might need some of the smalller.
And I might be interested in a few myself, maybe a dozen ('bout 7 or 8 foot ones)
djinnrummi (at) g[oogle] mail
Charles

United States

#21 Jan 15, 2013
What is the going to price for a 12" ceder log these day can any body help. Thanks hugo oklahoma.
floorguy

Canton, MS

#22 Apr 13, 2013
At one time they were selling for 50 dollars a ton. Thats what I heard. I would buy.
james

Plattsburg, MO

#23 Apr 17, 2013
I was gonna try to taake some ceder in to that amish place i heard u get alot is that true and whst the pay for pickup and trailer load

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cynthiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
casual hookup female 2 1 hr johny424 1
Amber florance 2 hr Amber 4
Dude 8 hr Lala Hawkins 1
Was it AMANDA or RUDY COURTNEY that OVERDOSED RIP (Jun '16) 12 hr Forrealll 10
Preston Winkle (May '15) 13 hr Crew Member 12
Men in this town are no good 14 hr Gator 4
skinny bitch in brown house Thu Biker beauty 4

Cynthiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance