United States

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Does anybody know anything about this kinship check?( I believe that is the name of it) Like who qualifies for it? Is that the check a person can get when a person has custody of a child & neither of the biological parents will pay child support? Just tryin to find out some details about it..Or even if this is true! Please dont start any bashing anybody regarding this topic! Thank You!

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2012
Oops ..Sorry! Didn't mean to post this twice!
here and there

Saint Anne, IL

#3 Jun 27, 2012
The only persons who can get kinship are those who have children put into their custody after the courts have taken them from foster care and put into your home. There are very few people in this state who will get it. Politics. K-tap is the only we get in the way of financial help. $225 a month for kids, no matter how many you have. One or more, doesn't matter. That is the maximum that can be had by those of us raising kids that aren't ours. Not right and not much help but the state doesn't care about the financial situation we are struggling with. There just isn't any help in this state. If you don't have a fat bank account, you have what they give you and they won't give one cent more.
such a shame

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2012
it's sad that people that are taking care of other people's responsibility can't get more help. Those of you that are taking care of someone else's kids need more recognition, when i was a child it was unheard of. Nowadays, taking care of your own is more unheard of, it's a pity. God bless all of you that has stepped up for these kids that don't have a voice.

United States

#5 Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for the info! That's my situation. I have full custody of a child with no help from the biological parents. I had no idea that there was any kind of help out there for my situation. Times are hard & I am unable to work due to another situation. Anything (at this point) would help! I didn't even know where to start! Thanks again for the info!

United States

#6 Jun 28, 2012
Thank You "such a shame" for the positive comment!

United States

#7 Jun 29, 2012
Kinship is different than ktap. You get 300 a month for each child. n medical card on all kids. If you have full custody of the child call the family resource office and talk to deanna she handles ktap and kinship. Also kinship parents have to pay child support and it's 50 % for the mother and 50% for the father medical. My parents have custody my little girl they get the kinship from the state. The father and I have to pay the state. Means that you are getting your money on the 1 st of every month. Guaranteed hope this helps

United States

#8 Jun 29, 2012
Thanks so much "kinship" You have been very helpful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cynthiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megan herped out ritchie 10 min Juan 2
Brynn Nichols 56 min Haha 29
justin noble Wed Smart 4
Looking for an old friend Wed Biker Beauty 1
Does any one know Amber Perkins (May '09) Wed To the people 46
Katy sumpter (kelly) Wed juan 2
Who is she Oct 16 Surprised 8

Cynthiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cynthiana Mortgages