600-Pound Mom Discovers Most Of Her Fat Is Inside Covering Her Organs

Dec 5, 2012 Full story: TV Squad

At 689 pounds, Dominique Lanoise can't walk. Her efforts to lose weight are documented in "600 Pound Mom: Race For Time," debuting Dec.

Full Story
mike

Akron, OH

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Really - by the look of the picture most of her fat is not inside anything.
Never stop trying

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Mar 11, 2014
I watched the story of Dominique earlier last evening. I understand what the doctors meant about the fat inside her body being more dangerous than on the outside. The fat inside encased her internal organs, and would eventually create serious complications and death. Unfortunately, this woman is now deceased, even after the surgery she had to decrease her appetite. Blood clots, heart attack and heart failure are usually the risks involved with Bariatric surgery. I feel for her daughters. It's a shame that they enabled their mother by giving in to her demands for food. I don't mean to judge a now dead woman, but I personally don't feel she tried hard enough. I know it must be difficult to resist the cravings but she needed to persist, at least for her daughters, if not for herself. Then too, I have no idea if there were chemical or biological triggers that could have helped to cause Dominique's food cravings. Just the same, I really feel she just developed bad habits over the course of time. The longer she ignored disciplining herself and her habits, the more stuck she became in the rut she helped create for herself. Some people do gain more quickly then others, but that's when you need to take control and recognize what may be causing certain health issues. I agree that stress can be a major factor in some or many obese people, but it is only going to be that much more depressing when you gain an enormous amount of weight. Dominique did say that after seventeen years of marriage and her gaining so much weight, her husband left her, then she continued to gain much more weight so stress was partly to blame. I'm also surprised that Dominique didn't suffer from a hiatal hernia or massive indigestion along with any other issues she may have had, although that wasn't mentioned.

I hope and pray that Dominique's daughters have found comfort and peace in their lives, but even more importantly, I hope they have learned from their mother's disturbing and sad story. Good luck to them and God bless them.
Homeless Wino Pete

Akron, OH

#4 Mar 14, 2014
Agreed, stress drives people to destructive behavior, not saying that stress was the issue with this woman's health conditions. Some eat, some drug, some drink. I know... I'm never hungry, but I'm always thirsty. I know what my end will be.

Sympathy and condolences to the family and friends. Godspeed, Dominique.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuyahoga Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMMY IS MAKIN' A LIST - CHECKING IT Twice! 14 hr herbtheperv 4
OBAMMY GIVES US GAS FOR Under $ 2 A GALLON 14 hr Undercover Brother 1
What does Akron Innerbelt demolition mean for y... Fri Duke For Mayor 3
geo WMD boosh put troops in the HOSPITAL Dec 25 Lt Tyree 1
Christmas Eve.... Dec 25 mike 1
Wino and tyree Dec 24 Tyree 4
Towel donations made to the Summit County Jail ... Dec 23 Frank rizzo 1
Cuyahoga Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web