Cusseta, GA News

Full story: WTVM Columbus

Business owners in Cusseta are both excited and concerned about plans to extend Interstate-185 past their doors.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2007
BUSINESS OWNER

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

We dont need no 4 lane here in cuseta. Nope the two lane has been good enough. We dont want anyone coming here.We have everthing we need right here.Go to columbus for big business
Tom Rodgers

Tyrone, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2007

If it comes it will probably be ten years or more to completion.
Transport _Need

Stoneham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

Call 770-787-9330.
Newton Taxi Services, Inc.
Based In Covington Georgia.
shellie

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

HMMM... I LIVE IN CUSSETA AND I DONT THINK THAT THAT IS NECASSERY, WHAT WE HAVE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.... THEY ALREADY WIDENED HWY 27 AND PEOPLE HAD TO MOVE...
pogo

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2007

This isn't going to be built for us, it's for the traveling public and isn't going to help this community one bit.
I've seen this happen before, in a small city in Eastern Kentucky where US 23 meandered its way through the middle of town. A bypass was built, traffic was re-routed to the edge of town and local business suffered; many closed for lack of customers just as has happened here in Cusseta. Though the local business-people opposed it, in the next 30 years,shopping centers were built on the bypass, traffic lights became necessary, and in the last 15 years, a bypass bypassing the bypass has been constructed, once again pulling the traffic away from the business district. The original business center is a shell of what it once was, the 'new' business center must now depend on local traffic only, and the traveler is deprived of ready access to fast food, motels, and vehicle service, among other things.
Almost exactly like what has happened here, and what is going to happen here if they extend I-185. Someone, in a post in one of these forums, has lamented the loss of so many downtown businesses in Cusseta in the past. Now you know why.
Anonymous wrote:
HMMM... I LIVE IN CUSSETA AND I DONT THINK THAT THAT IS NECASSERY, WHAT WE HAVE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.... THEY ALREADY WIDENED HWY 27 AND PEOPLE HAD TO MOVE...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cusseta Discussions

Search the Cusseta Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min Yumpin Yiminee 49,482
Murder suspect Vashon Walker gets $500,000 bond Tue JANICE 1
Who has the BEST pizza is Columbus? (Jan '13) Tue Columbus Insider 56
Fifty Years Ago Today, July 22, 1964 Tue Columbus Insider 1
Who is your favorite Columbus Topixer? (Jun '13) Jul 21 Stanley 62
Is DooNanny really dead? Jul 21 Stanley 137
Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) Jul 21 Stanley 2,700
•••
•••
•••
Cusseta Dating

more search filters

less search filters