Drumright Man Riding Horse In Roadway...

Drumright Man Riding Horse In Roadway Struck By Truck

There are 57 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 4, 2010, titled Drumright Man Riding Horse In Roadway Struck By Truck. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A Drumright man who troopers say had been drinking alcohol was injured when the horse he was riding was struck by a car just before midnight Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yankee_at_heart

Cushing, OK

#44 Apr 8, 2010
unknown wrote:
yankee doodle maybe you need to and get run over so we don't have to listen to you stupid shit
oh you are so mean. its not nice to call people names. do you really want me to get run over??? you should say a little prayer for forgiveness. i would expect to get run over if i were to ride my drunken horse in the road. oh wait,,, was the horse drunk too? think about it, maybe you are unknown for a reason? i sure hope you stay outta the road, someone might mistake you for the horses a$$ you are and run you over.. and dont forget, Jesus Loves You.
Fred Buck

United States

#45 Apr 9, 2010
yankee_at_heart wrote:
unknown, I dont ride my stick horse in the road. do you?
Clearly this witch rides her stick horse in her cheap hotel room.
Fred Buck

United States

#46 Apr 9, 2010
yankee_at_heart wrote:
<quoted text>
oh you are so mean. its not nice to call people names. do you really want me to get run over??? you should say a little prayer for forgiveness. i would expect to get run over if i were to ride my drunken horse in the road. oh wait,,, was the horse drunk too? think about it, maybe you are unknown for a reason? i sure hope you stay outta the road, someone might mistake you for the horses a$$ you are and run you over.. and dont forget, Jesus Loves You.
Making friends everywhere you go.
haus

Paris, AR

#47 Apr 9, 2010
no name wrote:
I think everyone needs to stop sending their smart comments about mike.Because i know it is upsetting his family.IF his family wanted to they could get everyone u all in trouble. Because i know that family real good.And they might just push it.
you are a dumb*ss
Shocker

Tulsa, OK

#48 Apr 9, 2010
WOW! The redneck hillbillies are out in full force on this thread!
yankee_at_heart

Spartanburg, SC

#49 Apr 9, 2010
Fred, you are such a dumb Buck and so predictable. So much in fact, that you are now quite boring and have failed to continue to entertain us all. You are so easily manipulated with words that its no longer amusing to tease and torment you. But i still luv ewww!! warts and all!! CALL ME??
Ashley Effing Harper

Denison, TX

#50 Apr 9, 2010
First off how did the teenage "sober" driver not see the two horses and the man on the side of the road? Horses have more of a right away on the highways then vehicles do, this teenager should have obviously been more aware of his surroundings.Probably very few of you know what truly happened so therefore keep your mouths shut, and quit making shit up! To be honest, if you really wanna say anything, they should have done a soberity test on the teenager and all of this would be solved but they failed to do so. so this maniac of a driver should not have there license and the roads maybe a little safer for the people that want to ride there horses on the road. Our horses are at risk do to this accident!! What if everyone was Amish and thats all they do is ride horses???? Than we are all screwed!!! Got A prob, then come to Drumright and take it up with all of us. We tend to stick together so you may want to bring the clan!!!
Shocker

Tulsa, OK

#51 Apr 9, 2010
Ashley Effing Harper wrote:
First off how did the teenage "sober" driver not see the two horses and the man on the side of the road? Horses have more of a right away on the highways then vehicles do, this teenager should have obviously been more aware of his surroundings.Probably very few of you know what truly happened so therefore keep your mouths shut, and quit making **** up! To be honest, if you really wanna say anything, they should have done a soberity test on the teenager and all of this would be solved but they failed to do so. so this maniac of a driver should not have there license and the roads maybe a little safer for the people that want to ride there horses on the road. Our horses are at risk do to this accident!! What if everyone was Amish and thats all they do is ride horses???? Than we are all screwed!!! Got A prob, then come to Drumright and take it up with all of us. We tend to stick together so you may want to bring the clan!!!
WOW!

<cue creepy banjo music>
unknown

Ashburn, VA

#52 Apr 9, 2010
you go girl tell them how it is ashley.
unknown

Ashburn, VA

#53 Apr 9, 2010
alot of them can talk the talk but can't walk the walk
Preston Mitchll

Denison, TX

#54 Apr 14, 2010
hey stupid i was there! you can see clearly by the marks left by the metal shoes on the horse that he was in fact on the side of the road. and if you havent read LIVE STOCK HAS JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO THE ROAD AS ANY MOTOR VEHICLE IN OKLAHOMA YOU DUMB ASSHOLE
all the riders fault

Tulsa, OK

#55 Apr 14, 2010
Oklahoma has not had an “Open Range Law” since 1966. However, you have to prove negligence on behalf of the livestock owner. Read the following from O.S. Title 4:2.11 Open Range Information
Oklahoma is not an open range state. 4 O.S.§ 98 2000 Supp. states that all domestic animals shall be restrained from running at large in the State of
Oklahoma. The definition of “domestic animals” includes “cattle, horses, swine, sheep, goats, exotic livestock and all other animals not considered wild,” but does not include domestic house pets or feral hogs. This law went into effect on January 1, 1966. The entire text of Oklahoma’s Herd Law is contained in Chapter
V of this policy. 2.12 2.12 Animals at Large & Vehicle Accident Information

In 1972, the Oklahoma Supreme Court stated that a person who strikes an animal at large must prove that the animal’s owner either intentionally let the animal loose or that the owner’s negligence allowed the animal to escape. The Court also
stated that the fact that an animal is on the highway does not raise a presumption of negligence but that negligence must be shown by the facts and circumstances of the case. This ruling has been upheld in other Oklahoma Supreme Court cases.
unknown

Ashburn, VA

#56 Apr 22, 2010
this is to the all the riders fault you don't know
s h i t your probably reading out of a law book before your time
all the riders fault

Tulsa, OK

#57 Apr 22, 2010
unknown wrote:
this is to the all the riders fault you don't know
**** your probably reading out of a law book before your time
your probably right, do you have another version? atleast its not MADE UP. Get a life
unknown

Ashburn, VA

#58 Apr 23, 2010
all the riders fault wrote:
<quoted text>your probably right, do you have another version? atleast its not MADE UP. Get a life
Why don't you get a life people like you must live a very boring life. I didn't say it was made but but the law that you quoted probably was before your time. So get the facts start butthead
drumright person

Eufaula, OK

#59 May 4, 2010
preston mitchell wrote:
<quoted text> listen here you uneducated bitch, in the state of oklahoma livestock has just as much right to the road as vehicles do! And he was on the shoulder of the road. The piece of shit cops didn't even check the driver to see if he had been drinking. So get the true facts before you say stupid shit like that. By the way he loved his horse and he is a hell of a lot better person than you are!
ha ha ya OK!
r wright

Cushing, OK

#60 May 19, 2012
poor horse. mike should have known better. there are no street lights out there on the road. and the people drive down the road like crazy nuts, with regard to whether or not there are deer, cows, horses, people,etc. in their path. mow them over and get on down the road is all they think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cushing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cushing Denied Disaster Assistance After Novemb... Dec '16 stanforj 2
Church of the First Born not a church but a Cult (Jan '08) Nov '16 hawhawhaw 307
The Latest: Oklahoma officials clear senior hom... Nov '16 openmind693 1
News OSBI Hopes Reward Cracks Open Cold Case (Jun '07) Feb '16 Nanaloves4 12
News Deadly Wreck Closes Road Near Drumright (Jul '09) Jan '16 MedicJenn 135
joe Davenport (Jan '16) Jan '16 So sad 4
What happened to Freddies (Feb '15) Dec '15 nowaynohow 3

Cushing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cushing Mortgages