Is Glen Burnie a safe area?

Is Glen Burnie a safe area?

Posted in the Curtis Bay Forum

Mary

Ephrata, PA

#1 May 16, 2006
Hello all, I hope this is an acceptable topic. As I have never been to the Glen Burnie area and will visit for the first time in the very near future, and am considering relocating to Glen Burnie I would like to know your thoughts on a couple of topics.
First off, would you consider Glen Burnie to be a safe area for a single young woman and if not, why.

And second, what would you suggest for apartments and areas within Glen burnie for a single woman?

Thanks so much for any info you might lent
glen burnie renter

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 May 21, 2006
Glen Burnie can be a safe place. If you are looking for an apartment stay away from Greentree, the willows, or any of the apartments close to those locations. Generaly the further south you go from baltimore towards annapolis down rt. 2 the safer the area. Glen Burnie has it's good and bad areas but I highly recomend you stay away from the above appartment areas due to excessive robberies and drug traffic.
wendywoo

Ypsilanti, MI

#3 Jun 7, 2006
Hello, I have lived in and out and around Glen Burnie for the past 30 years or so. There are touchy places and nice places. I would recommend checking out Millersville area (jsut a jop skip and jump from GB). There are the Old Mill apartments as well as rental townhomes. Years ago before I bought my home (in Millersville) Old Mill apartments were a good price range and good solution. I now live in the homes behind Old Mill apartments and feel very safe.:)
Good Luck!
Mary wrote:
Hello all, I hope this is an acceptable topic. As I have never been to the Glen Burnie area and will visit for the first time in the very near future, and am considering relocating to Glen Burnie I would like to know your thoughts on a couple of topics.
First off, would you consider Glen Burnie to be a safe area for a single young woman and if not, why.
And second, what would you suggest for apartments and areas within Glen burnie for a single woman?
Thanks so much for any info you might lent
glen burnie renter

Ypsilanti, MI

#4 Aug 16, 2006
I have lived in or around Glen Burnie most of my life and out of all the places that I have lived, it is one of the most safest. I am a single female who has had others have bead experiences but not me. I live in Glen Burnie near Millersville now in a rental townhome (they do have apts too) and this is the quietest place I've ever lived in. I would say that this is not a bad area at all. I used to live over by Marley Station Mall in apts over there and would never recommend someone living alone or even with cildren in that area. Also check the website that lists sexual assulters and you'll find that over this way towards Millersville in Glen Burnie that I do not think there are any registered sex offenders. There are over by Marley Station though.
Kat

Glen Burnie, MD

#5 Sep 4, 2009
Glen Burnie does have its areas, I reconmend driving to a site and sitting there to observe the going ons, like like looking for a home, you scope out the neighborhood. Also read police beat. It will tell you of places to avoid just by the number of stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curtis Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost wallet Aug 11 Santana Davis 1
dirty book store and peep shows now open in pas... (Oct '06) Jun '17 Eff your politics 26
News Dundalk Barricade Ends After Police Discover Su... May '17 marco 1
Gibson Island is a private property? (Jul '06) May '17 Lawrence 78
Curtis Bay (Jan '09) Feb '16 Rick 920 15
News City Council gives key approval for $58.3M subs... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Joe 1
News AA officer accused of biting testicle in fight (May '15) May '15 Jake from State Farm 2

Curtis Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Curtis Bay Mortgages