Curtis Bay Energy Answers Fairfield s...

Curtis Bay Energy Answers Fairfield siteand Curtis Bay Energy

Posted in the Curtis Bay Forum

Skeptical21

Suitland, MD

#1 Dec 12, 2009
I am very concerned with the expansion of Curtis bay energy and the proposed power plant in Fairfield. Both companies have a track record of violating MDE and EPA regulation concerning emissions but the community associations and leaders accept such. Curtis Bay Energy has been fined multiple times for emissions with high levels of mercury and Energy Answers( Convanta Inc.) have been fined mulpiple times from the EPA, not including labor violations, but our leadership still supports these 2 companies. Why? Especially when most of the board members are on an oversight committee that supposed to oppose added pollution. Facts are on the MDE website and the EPA website. And google either company and find out the truth yourselves. Ask the area community associations if they will receive money if those deals go through.
Arundelgardens50 01

Suitland, MD

#2 Dec 12, 2009
I did not know about either company until I read this. I guess I surf the net. Too bad for the area.
Paul

Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

#3 Jan 20, 2010
I looked on the web as Skeptical21 suggested and found that Energy Answers and Covanta are two completely different companies with different track records and philosphy.
Energy Answers is committed to a healthy environment and having a positive overall impact on the environment and local communities. The Fairfield project will be a win-win for the environment and for the greater Baltimore region.
I know that Energy Answers is working with the community groups in Fairfield and Brooklyn and are providing them with current information and updates on the project. I would suggest contacting these community groups for information if you have any questions or concerns.
curtisbay01

Suitland, MD

#4 Jan 23, 2010
SEAMASS plant has multiple fines against them. Convanta bought energy answers operations according to Energy Answers website. Community groups will earn money if deal goes through. www.curtisbay.net for the truth. Engery Answers claims it will produce emission free power. You tell me a person who can prove burning trash will produce no dangerous emissions and I show you my map of Atlantis.
curtisbay01

Suitland, MD

#5 Jan 23, 2010
18 to 20 trucks of trash per hour, not including the trash that will fall onto the streets. Fly ash, more industry to an already industrial area that is ranked high in pollution. Deals for Cabcraft Engineering if the deal goes in (board member). New tax revenue for a district (district councilman's secretary is also a board member). EA and community leaders came into an agreement without a public vote for all members.( violation of non profit ethics laws.) Failure by the community leaders to properly notify the community. The whole community., not just a handful. This deal was pushed in because certain people will make money. Plain and simple. It is a bad deal for already bad air. Who wants to live right next to a power plant? Let's see the line.
curtisbay01

Burtonsville, MD

#6 Jun 16, 2010
if you search energy answers fairfield in google, you will see the application for a 120mw facility presented to the city council. If you go to www.pjm.com and look at the active requests you will see they are building a 157mw unit. More trash fuel, more byproducts, more lies. They will damage already low property values of homes in curtis bay and will offer no substantial job growth to a community that benefits from welfare and section 8. Use common sense. They have lied to us and they know they can get away with it because they treat us all like dummies. Where have you ever seen a community benefit from a power plant? Has a power plant increased the value of a community? I have never seen it in Maryland. Ask Any Adize, our community association President why he signed off on it. And how byproducts from trash incineration will benefit the community? Ask which city council member's secretary is a voting board member in the community association. Now think you will really benefit. The increased tax revenue to the district or the people who have to breath the air in the district. Andy signed away our future and the community go ahead. His signature gave our councilman a document that said the community supports this plant. One person representing the community on the floor of city hall.
curtisbay01

Burtonsville, MD

#7 Jun 16, 2010
By the way 157mw is not enough to power south baltimore. Look up wwww.constellation.com and look at the power generation capacity in Central Maryland. Then add the nearly 40% that central MD imports from others. 157MW will not even cut any bill of any person using electric. They will use this plant as a peaker unit, only needed when high electric demand ( summer and winter) has increased. The plant will shed MW or make millions by " Peaking"

Look to your representatives in the community and ask them why they were bought out.
insideman

Brooklyn, MD

#8 Jun 30, 2010
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW About Curtis Bay Energy just ask me.
curtisbay01

Burtonsville, MD

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Insideman, I would love to know.
just me

Gambrills, MD

#10 Jul 13, 2010
OK, insideman, tell us about Curtis bay Energy. I know I took a photo a few weeks ago of their "green" plant, spewing out more black smoke than I have ever seen come from any plant around here and I am a lifelong resident of the area.

I know that the Community Association leaders in our area have always been against anything that will pollute our air, that is, until the company starts to provide them with food for their meetings, or donations for thier functions, or money for community projects. It seems that the air we breathe in is less important than their movie nights or clean up days around the park and rec center.
Jason Adams

Clifton Heights, PA

#11 Jan 24, 2012
Wow, just wow... Curtis Bay Energy is definitely bad news, check this: www.stopcurtisbay.com
just me alone

Glen Burnie, MD

#12 Jan 24, 2012
I worked there, I know all the dirty little secrets. And let me tell you It's not "just" the process of burning trash that's dangerous, it's the ruthless plant supervisors and maintenance supervisor. the altered logs and records may all work on paper but the truth is if they turned real logs and records they would be put out of business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curtis Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
branch inn Dec 10 lilme 1
News Man charged with involuntary manslaughter linke... Oct '17 noobieR 1
Amanda Leigh Adkins (Oct '16) Oct '17 Jrc 5
I need cute guys emails (May '14) Sep '17 cyanslayer 12
Lost wallet Aug '17 Santana Davis 1
Curtis Bay (Jan '09) Feb '16 Rick 920 15
News City Council gives key approval for $58.3M subs... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Joe 1

Curtis Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance