Preliminary Hearing Today for Perpetrator of Arson on Hubbard Lake Store

Posted in the Curran Forum

Patricia Olson

Lachine, MI

#1 Jul 13, 2010
Today I went to the Hearing of Clarence Howard Scott, the person that is now housed in Alpena County Jail for the Crime of Home Invasion and the Arson of Martin and Loan Olson's Hubbard Lake Store. He waived his Rights at the Preliminary and hopefully, the Case will swiftly be brought to Justice.
Clarence H. Scott,is also known as Howie Martell in the Hubbard Lake area which he often visited in the past.
Because I am Martin's mother, I take a particular interest in seeing this man pay with the only thing he has to his name....His time
He needlessly and for no reason, burned down the home and dreams of a young family that wanted to have a Family business in a peaceful Community.For those of you that don't know,the young family were asleep when this happened and made a narrow escape.
My family has never believed that one person did this alone and without the knowledge of other persons present at the scene. If you know that others were involved, now is the time to speak your piece, so that this does not happen to another unsuspecting person. Thank you, Patricia Olson
Todd Smith

Caledonia, MI

#2 May 5, 2012
I visited the store after Martin and Loan purchased the property. It was quite a task for the family to restore this historic building and business back. I live near Grand Rapids so I couldn't witness the progress of the family and friends restoration, but I did see pictures and get reports of the how it was materializing. In the beginning I
thought it was just a pipe dream and it was to massive of a job to accomplish, but the family was making it happen and had a true vision of this.
To the person or persons responsible for this arson. They didn't just burn down a old building, they stole a families life. They also stole from the community. This building was a piece of history that spoke of all the past of this wonderful area. I would ask that the court seize any assets that this person or persons have and try to make some type of restitution for crime that will not ever go away. I volunteer at a prison in southern Michigan and work with many criminals some people do learn some don't, but either way our prison system does work the best that it can and this person or persons will see what life inside is like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for the Diekman family or relative. Sep '14 Kllabelle 1
Alcona County scene of apparent murder-suicide (Jul '10) Aug '14 sue 23
Rocky R Ranch (Aug '08) Jan '14 Mark Johnstone 74
so proud (Jan '12) Jan '14 Lol 34
Rocky R Ranch (Nov '13) Nov '13 Ohmy 2
stabed (Nov '13) Nov '13 BBW 1
Alcona County (Apr '12) Apr '12 Delphi 1
Curran Dating
Find my Match

Curran People Search