Double Homicide In Cumberland County

Jun 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVR Richmond

The Cumberland Sheriff's Office and the Virginia State Police are investigating a double homicide in the Lakeside Village area of the county.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2009
Anonymous

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

This is so sad and tragic. I am keeping the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that whomever done this will be brought to justice. I know the victims and family members personally and it saddens me that they have to go through this. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Anonymous

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Very sad for the survivng family but quite honestly they lived a lifestyle that invited this kind of incident. Noone deserves to lose their life....especially in what seems to be such a brutal manner. I just hope that some will learn something from this and make better choices in how they choose to lead their lives and who they choose to associate themselves with. I have known them for a long time.....although not close friends many of my close friends and family spent quite a bit of time with them. I am still saddened deepley by this. My prayers are with their loved ones and I truly hope that they will be able to get whoever did this and justice is served.
someone

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
Very sad for the survivng family but quite honestly they lived a lifestyle that invited this kind of incident. Noone deserves to lose their life....especially in what seems to be such a brutal manner. I just hope that some will learn something from this and make better choices in how they choose to lead their lives and who they choose to associate themselves with. I have known them for a long time.....although not close friends many of my close friends and family spent quite a bit of time with them. I am still saddened deepley by this. My prayers are with their loved ones and I truly hope that they will be able to get whoever did this and justice is served.
Why are the names not released yet
Anonymous-Family Friend

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

The names have been released already through Richmond Times Dispatch along with the person of interest. It just came out earlier tonight. And in reply to the other message that was posted on here out of Chesterfield. Nobody lives a perfect life in this world but nobody deserves to be brutally murdered/attacked reguard less of what kind of life style is being lived or supposely being lived. It does not matter if you have hung out with them or not..it matters that these people have family members that are still on this earth having to face this and the victim was someone's son, brother, uncle and father. As for the female I am not sure what family members she had but she still was apart of a family and they are left to deal with this tradegy. It is great that you showed your support but your personal opinion about peoples lifestyles is better kept to yourself. Just support the victims and families without judgement. I love this family very much and always will. They will always have a special place in my heart and I pray that whomever did this is caught and that the families gets justice. **Posted #1 also.
Anonymous

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

This is a very tragic situation. I know both of the family personal. The Thurston family I belong to. This gentlemen was a son, brother and father and loved by many others. The lady was a daughter and mother to 3 children. They did not deserve to be kill like this. The person who did this need to be brought to justice, so these families can have a closure to this. The families will never forget what happen but we need to keep these families in our prayers and thoughts.
pray for the family

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

I read the names in the Richmond Times Dispatch this morning. Is this the same man who ran for the sheriffs office last year. I was just wondering. I feel for the family and hope they will find the person who did this.
Anonymous-Family Friend

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

No its not the same man that ran last year for sheriff's office. They arrested the person of interest today and have charged him with capital murder. I hope that this helps the family a little more with this process.
Friend

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Love you Ricky! Know your dad loved you too! So hard to deal with at a young age, but you are more mature than most and I want you to know we are thinking about you! ChelsMom<3
janet

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

i knew and loved this family very much. god be with you ashley hunter and austin your mother brought much joy in to my life and ricky made me laugh my prayers are with you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cumberland Discussions

Search the Cumberland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Jul 18 Musikologist 13
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Threesome Jun '14 who cares 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
8News Investigates: 'Road To Nowhere' (Jul '13) May '14 Clark 3
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
County line kennel reviews. Mar '14 Furs Flying 2
•••
•••
•••
Cumberland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cumberland Jobs

•••