Prosecutors: Man Killed His Mother l WPRI.com

A Cumberland man is accused of killing his mother and was charged with her murder in Providence District Court Monday afternoon.A A judge ordered Richard Paiva, 36, held without bail at the ACI on murder and domestic assault charges. Full Story
RICHARDS SISTER IN NC

Jacksonville, NC

#1 Mar 30, 2009
I SURE HOPE THAT AUTHORIES LOOK DEEPER INTO THIS CASE.. RICHARD IS A KIND HEARTED MAN..HE CARED FOR HIS GRANDFATHER SOMETHING THAT RITA WOULDN'T DO.I KNOW THAT THESE CHARGES MAKE HIM LOOK TERRIBLE BUT ANYONE WHO KNEW HIM KNEW HE WAS NOT TERRIBLE.HIS MOTHER WAS CRAZY HERSELF.. SHE PUT HER BOYS THREW HELL GROWING UP AND TO THIS DAY.. I HOPE THE AUTHORIES PULL UP HOW SHE BEAT BOTH HER SONS TO WHERE THEY WERE HOSPITALIZED..WHAT KIND OF MOTHER DOES THAT? I KNOW IT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK FOR RICHARD TO KILL HER..BUT HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF SELF DEFENSE?? PLEASE AMERICA DON'T JUDGE SOMEONE UNTIL YOU KNOW ALL THE FACTS..
very sad

Warwick, RI

#2 Mar 31, 2009
hope this wasn't a case where mrs. paiva was asking for help from the police and got the "we can't do anything till he does something" response. that would, if possible, make this even more tragic. they need to get rid of that "law" or crack in the system, because i've heard and seen that happen several times before. she might have still been here right now if it wasn't for that huge flaw.
Shannon Paiva

Farmville, NC

#3 Apr 2, 2009
This case is truely tragic. No one came to Richard's rescue when he was a child, enduring years...an entire lifetime with an abusive mother. Where were the police when HE was suffering? Unfortunately, we have not been given the right to chose who our parents are and how they raise us.

May God Bless Richard and keep him in your prayers.
james steel

New York, NY

#4 May 5, 2009
i is wroge what he did but he sude not get life he sude get 10 to 15 bedause how mush his mother put him thow it is not far what he had to go thow but it is not far what he did
james steele

New York, NY

#5 May 5, 2009
i think it sad wat happened. idid not writte the comment some other ass did
Upset

Natick, MA

#6 May 8, 2009
I also knew Richard growing up. He was great to be around. Just a realy great guy. I am very upset with myself that I never caught on to any abuse going on at home. I would talk to him every night on the phone and was with him often. I would always both back then and now trust him with my life. Love you always Richard. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Upset

Natick, MA

#7 May 8, 2009
RICHARDS SISTER IN NC wrote:
I SURE HOPE THAT AUTHORIES LOOK DEEPER INTO THIS CASE.. RICHARD IS A KIND HEARTED MAN..HE CARED FOR HIS GRANDFATHER SOMETHING THAT RITA WOULDN'T DO.I KNOW THAT THESE CHARGES MAKE HIM LOOK TERRIBLE BUT ANYONE WHO KNEW HIM KNEW HE WAS NOT TERRIBLE.HIS MOTHER WAS CRAZY HERSELF.. SHE PUT HER BOYS THREW HELL GROWING UP AND TO THIS DAY.. I HOPE THE AUTHORIES PULL UP HOW SHE BEAT BOTH HER SONS TO WHERE THEY WERE HOSPITALIZED..WHAT KIND OF MOTHER DOES THAT? I KNOW IT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK FOR RICHARD TO KILL HER..BUT HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF SELF DEFENSE?? PLEASE AMERICA DON'T JUDGE SOMEONE UNTIL YOU KNOW ALL THE FACTS..
Hi, have you been able to talk to him
mike brown

Pawtucket, RI

#8 Jun 26, 2010
I was richs best friend for like 10 years and yes he did have a screwed up up bringin and no he shouldnt have killed his mom and he was always a little "not right" so he may just have been insane. I saw how she treated him but it wasnt something to drive you to murder...at least those of us who arent insane. Nobody deserves to have thier life taken in the hands of another human being. And for that rich must face the consequences for what hes done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone wanna skype? (Mar '13) Sep 18 Female 18 11
Anyone Wanna Skype dirty? Sep 14 Nick 2
Fugitive - Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Aug 28 Wimpy 1
child support Aug 27 wow 3
Review: New England Inflatables Aug '14 Boater 1
R.I. Last State Still Marking V-J Day (Aug '06) Aug '14 usa 15
Two loud bangs this morning? Jul '14 bEstbUy 2
•••
•••
•••