Student's murder trial concludes seco...

Student's murder trial concludes second day

There are 4 comments on the Cumberland Times-News story from Oct 21, 2010, titled Student's murder trial concludes second day. In it, Cumberland Times-News reports that:

Five defense witnesses testified Wednesday in the second day of the first-degree murder trial of Tyrone Hall, who is accused of the shotgun slaying of Frostburg State University student Brandon Carroll and shooting of his basketball teammate Ellis Hartridge Jr., who is still enrolled in the college.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cumberland Times-News.

Pean The Dream

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 22, 2010
How can someone claim self defense when the had plenty of time to call the police if they felt their life was in danger? Why would someone load a weapon and wait for people to show up at their home and go outside with the weapon if they are claiming self-defense? This person wanted to prove to his friends that he was not a punk and his way of proving it was to handle his business with a weapon (shotgun). I ask you this; "if someone is facing you with a weapon would you step towards that person knowing he has a weapon in his hand?"
BSU

United States

#2 Oct 22, 2010
No I would of ran and that is prob, what he thought they would do when they came out with it ,any body with reasonable sence would run. But they prob, thought he wouldnt do it so they wernt scared. And that made them act the way they did which leaded to unfortuante actions. What makes it not his fault is that they came over to his house in the middle of the morning to put his life in danger. And the law perfectly says that everyone has a right to protect them selves on there own property with what ever force needed. Call the police would of been the best thing to do but lets be reasonable the chance of college students calling the cops is limited, maybe a better option would of been to not leave the house.
lawandorder

Cumberland, MD

#3 Oct 22, 2010
The bottom line is, you don't take the law into your own hands. He should have stayed inside and called 911! It is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. Especially the deceased :( He took a life and should have to pay for it!
Others Dream

Blythewood, SC

#4 Oct 25, 2010
I totally agree. You cannot just take the law in your hands. Hall has no value of human life nor any value for God's creatures. He is a killer at heart. You cannot kill someone then just go in the house and shut the door and let them die. He was a classmate not a stranger. He has a heart for murder and in the end he will pay the price for innocent blood. He is blood thirsty.
BC will be missed. RIP
What goes around...comes around seven fold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Cumberland (Jul '07) Aug 4 KAD 39
hunter douglas? (Nov '13) Jul '17 Shannon Harper 5
News Teen charged with rape to be tried in juvenile ... (Apr '09) May '17 LilGio 11
News MD--Casselman Coal-Power Plant (Jul '08) Apr '17 Coal forever 23
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Bill Grimes-Wyatt 20
Girzzly Gym (Aug '16) Mar '17 big johnson 3
Brittany at grooming tales (Jan '17) Feb '17 Yep 6

Cumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cumberland Mortgages