friends4life

Beattyville, KY

#1 Jul 23, 2010
i work at the arh hospital,just move back here few months ago,i was checking on some of old friends i have here in cumberland,and someone told me that brent deal passed away,i hated to hear that does any1 have any clear info on that,they also said something happen to his mom after that is this true---plz respond
former classmate

London, KY

#2 Jul 24, 2010
I graduated with Brent. I pulled this info from THE HARLAN DAILY ENTERPRISE so you know I'm not just spreading rumors.

The accident was between Putney and Nolansburg.

7.) Brent Deal

Publish Date: November 29, 2008
Word Count: 185
Document ID: 124DA42F8D250938

Brent Deal, 34, of Cumberland passed away Wednesday, November 26, 2008 from injuries sustained in an accident.

Brent was a native of Harlan County and had lived here most all of his life. He was a 1992 Cumberland High School graduate; an Xray technician; and believed in the Pentecostal faith.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Russell and Luvena Deal; Cliston and Ada Maggard Johnson.

Survivors include his parents, Ricky Lynn and Debra Frances Johnson Deal,

8.) Pedestrian struck by car on U.S. 119 dies
Author: Debbie Caldwell; News Editor
Publish Date: November 28, 2008
Word Count: 253
Document ID: 124DAC5AFB7CD220

A Cumberland man died from injuries sustained when he was struck by a vehicle around 2 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 119 at Putney.

Kentucky State Police trooper Marcus Williams said Brent Deal, 34, was walking along the highway when he stepped into the path of a vehicle traveling south.

When the police arrived on the scene, Deal was found lying in the middle of the highway unresponsive. The vehicle was located several feet south of the victim.

Williams said the operator of the

sorry so sad

Somerset, KY

#3 Jul 24, 2010
yes, this is all true,
nothing happened to his mother, Besides losing her child.
But honestly I dont think you should have came to topix to get an answer!
If you really wanted to know, there are other ways of finding out.
This was such a sad tragedy for this family to have to cope with. I hope u got your answers, and sorry if u were close to him also.
So I think this thread should now be removed, not being rude to the first post, but his family has already been thru this, they dont want to read this stuff, cause its just a matter of time before it turns to something negative about him.
Rip Brent
only think of the good memories
angel

Macon, GA

#4 Aug 24, 2012
Brent was waiting on a ride from Gary Henson. It was late and foggy. He thought it was his truck coming so he was going to wave him down to let him know he was there. Some guy on his way home from seeing his g/f was looking down into the floor to grab something and didn't see Brent. He was a beautiful soul and is missed and loved dearly every day!!!
Joe

Cumberland, KY

#5 Aug 26, 2012
Tell me how you know what Brent thought or what he was going to do that night. He died and unless you can read a dead man's mind you are blowing smoke. There's another side that no one wants to talk about here.
usuck

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2012
Joe wrote:
Tell me how you know what Brent thought or what he was going to do that night. He died and unless you can read a dead man's mind you are blowing smoke. There's another side that no one wants to talk about here.
I knew there would be some lowlife get on here and try to start $hit out of this how do you know there's another side of the story
Joe

Cumberland, KY

#7 Aug 27, 2012
How do you know there isn't? The point here is someone posted like they read Brent's mind and knew his intentions when everybody knows that can't be the case.
Wondering

Nerinx, KY

#8 Aug 27, 2012
Well all I know is who ever started this is a low life dog. and I hope that God makes you pay. Low life that is trying to hurt people that has lost love one. and God can and will take care of people like you.
angel

Macon, GA

#9 Aug 27, 2012
Joe; I did not read his mind, but I know firsthand he was talking to his mom on his cell phone seconds before the accident, and he told her he waiting for his ride. He thought he saw him coming and then the phone went dead. It was a horrible tragedy. Brent was loving and kind and handsome. Always smiling and friendly to everyone. I know he is in heaven. RIP Brent we will all be reunited someday..
claudia

Harlan, KY

#10 May 15, 2017
my name is claudia. my mother told me brent was my dad when i was 7 years old. about 8 months before be passed away. i am now 15 years old and will be turning 16 in september. my mom told me when i was 10 that he wasnt my dad. but i stil consider him my dad becasue he was a father figure to me. i never knew what happen to him. i knew he got struck by a car. but i didnt know all the details. my mother never really told me what all the details were. so i beagn to google things about him to find the whole story. then i came across this site. i want to say that brent deal was a amazing man who loved and cared for my family. he was a father figure when i didnt have one. he will always be in our hearts. and i know he is watching over me and his loved ones in heaven . rip dad
Jim

Langley, KY

#11 May 20, 2017
claudia wrote:
my name is claudia. my mother told me brent was my dad when i was 7 years old. about 8 months before be passed away. i am now 15 years old and will be turning 16 in september. my mom told me when i was 10 that he wasnt my dad. but i stil consider him my dad becasue he was a father figure to me. i never knew what happen to him. i knew he got struck by a car. but i didnt know all the details. my mother never really told me what all the details were. so i beagn to google things about him to find the whole story. then i came across this site. i want to say that brent deal was a amazing man who loved and cared for my family. he was a father figure when i didnt have one. he will always be in our hearts. and i know he is watching over me and his loved ones in heaven . rip dad
He was a great guy with a good heart sis
Grow up

Manchester, KY

#12 Jun 8, 2017
To the person who started this thread...you know good and well you started this to get someone to talk bad about Brent. How sad. His family has suffered from his loss. Brent always had a smile and I have many great memories with him. It was a horrible accident and should be left at that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yamaha XT 225 Blue and White 3 hr Jordan 4
School teacher Fri True 5
vanessa Eldridge Fri candy 3
Cumberland Elementary (Oct '16) Fri teachers at CES 19
dog problem on river road Fri larry 1
single lady Thu wig 2
Felicia? (Oct '16) Sep 21 Randy 9

Cumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance