Lee

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Jan 6, 2009
Im fed up...the cost of food is high enough with out having out of date food on the shelves..DO WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE DATES on everything we buy..that is THEIR job to take OFF the shelves all out of date food and put back on good food...In the last month ive had to throw away several things ive bought that was BAD.2 chicken dinners with potatoes had a 2006 date on it. also some gravey, and more things,my cranberry sauce had a 2007 date on it, it is a shame we only have 1 store and it tryes to get away with things like that...just look in your shelves at things you bought lately and SEE what you got that is NOGOOD...
Lee

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
the food city store im talking about is in cumberland ky.

Since: Jan 09

cumberland,ky.

#3 Jan 6, 2009
we need another store in town...
Lee wrote:
Im fed up...the cost of food is high enough with out having out of date food on the shelves..DO WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE DATES on everything we buy..that is THEIR job to take OFF the shelves all out of date food and put back on good food...In the last month ive had to throw away several things ive bought that was BAD.2 chicken dinners with potatoes had a 2006 date on it. also some gravey, and more things,my cranberry sauce had a 2007 date on it, it is a shame we only have 1 store and it tryes to get away with things like that...just look in your shelves at things you bought lately and SEE what you got that is NOGOOD...
shadow

Virginia, IL

#4 Jan 8, 2009
you need to contact the Headquarters for Food city and inform them what has happened and that they will need to do something about this. If they wont do anything take it upon yourself to get proof go in the store and take pictures of the items and close ups of the dates. Then call them back and inform them what you have and let them know you are going to report it. They wont do anything until you do something.
Anonymous

Somerset, KY

#5 Jan 14, 2009
something needs to be done

Since: Apr 09

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Apr 20, 2009
Yes, something does need to be done. There needs to be another grocery store come to town!!!
boycott

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2009
If everyone would boycott food city and spend a few extra dollars to drive some where else to shop. we might get lucky enought to get another grocery store in Cumberland.
But I know with the economy being what it is that would be hard to do.
Also getting anything new in this town is likely to never happen because the council votes down everything that comes across there desk. Cumberland used to be a great place to live , we actually had some decent places to shop, heck we even had a movie theater at one time. but things have steadily went down hill over the past 20 years. Now all Cumberland has keeping it going is the coal mines. Where will we be in another 20 years? With the way things are going there will be nothing left here but a bunch of run down buildings. We are almost living in a ghost town now.
Whatever

Louisville, KY

#8 Apr 20, 2009
Actually, if you boycott Food City in Cumberland it will not bring in another store, it will make us lose the only store we have. I know you hate to hear this but grocery prices are high everywhere. The Food City in Cumberland and Harlan have the some prices, it's true, you can check it out for yourself.
The Store SUCKS

Sheridan, AR

#9 Apr 20, 2009
If you notice, the Cumberland Food City hardly ever has anything fresh like the Harlan Food City. The Cumberland food city is ALWAYS FREEZING cold and you can never go and get what you want. I've talked to the Managers probably 3 times in one week because they never have my son's milk. ARE YOU NOT DOING YOUR JOBS OR WHAT? Are you that LAZY to WRITE A NOTE and tell the people that does the INVENTORY to ORDER MILk? I HATE going into that dang store and giving them my money! But since its the only store in Cumberland, what can you do? people shouldnt have to drive out of their way to go to another grocery store. It's just stupid!
silly sally

London, KY

#10 Apr 21, 2009
The Cumberland Food City also has no lights in the parking lot at night, you can't even see to go to your car. Very dangerous!!
The Answer

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 May 17, 2009
SAVE-A-LOT SAVE-A-LOT SAVE-A-LOT
savealot man

Glasgow, KY

#12 May 17, 2009
we should open my save alot store we have everything u want for a cheaper price than foooood cittyyyyyyy =$$$$$$$$$
save-a-lot =$ save your money
out here

Sunnyvale, CA

#13 May 17, 2009
savalot my butt it aint no cheaper than food city either its just as high besides you can buy some can foods cheaper at food city than you can at savalot...sometimes savalots bread is molded and old..we need a discount food store like the one they opened in barbourville ...its cheap and eveything is fresh and in good shape... i live here and drive once a month there to trade ...why give 59 and 100 for can soup when you can get it there for 3 for 1 dollar....not me
Vic Mackey

Winchester, KY

#14 May 17, 2009
savealot man wrote:
we should open my save alot store we have everything u want for a cheaper price than foooood cittyyyyyyy =$$$$$$$$$
save-a-lot =$ save your money
we had a saveolots in cumberlnd but the retards put it where it didnt make anything so it shut down lol
whome

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 May 21, 2009
i miss piggly wiggly
Cant Fool Me

Little Valley, NY

#16 May 22, 2009
I went to the Food City in Harlan and they're actually alot cheaper than the one in Cumberland. Plus they have sooooo much more items to choose from!! I do my grocery shopping down there. Cumberland Food City thinks well there's no other stores around here to compete with so were gonna charge and arm and a leg for everything cause ppl have to come here and shop; Um No! Not me; And someone please please please answer me this; Why do they hire everybody in Cumberland KY but only have like 2 registers open and nobody to bag the groceries???
always watching

Danville, KY

#17 May 22, 2009
you mean Food Shitty in Cumberland?
cumberland sux

Greenbrier, AR

#18 May 24, 2009
We go to pikeville when we can, super wal-mart is the best place to grocery shop. But it is so far u cant really bring anything frozen home. Other than that it is amazing how much money u can save!!
I would like to see krogers or something come to cumberland
Once a Redskin

United States

#19 May 29, 2009
Contact Jesse Lewis ([email protected]) or Bucky Slagle ([email protected]). Jesse is the Senior Executive over the grocery division. Bucky Slagle is District Mgr. for district five. K-Va-T also has a 1-800 complaint line available on FoodCity.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can some one please tell Steve Williams his for... 18 hr Scotti R 1
Most Haunted Graveyard? (Sep '09) Sun Creech 3
new york section (Nov '13) Sat Mntlady 10
Misty deal Sat Concerned 2
Land wanted Sat Joel 5
anyone Mar 21 jwn 1
why hasnt there been any thing done about the m... (Dec '12) Mar 20 BHLC 10

Cumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance