Pauline White (Shepherd's Pantry)

Posted in the Cumberland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need to know

London, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2012
I have heard that she is really mean the her clients! I am really in need of some food. But, I am afraid to go up there. Everybody says that she has food stacked to the ceiling but, we only give you a little box of outdated food. I also heard that she yells at you in front of other people. I am not going to go up there and be treated like a idiot; because my husband lost his job. Please, give me any info! I have heard some really bad things!
Just saying

Somerset, KY

#2 Jul 10, 2012
I could go up there but I'd starve to death first. She is hateful, not just to her clients, but also to the workers and people out in town an at churches. I have seen her at churches acting terrible and I have also seen her in town treating people like dogs.

I do think the Catholic Church has a food pantry but I have no idea when it is open. There is also that place next to the salvage grocery store that gives out food, but don't know when they are opened either.

I am not sure about the rest of them but if you have kids, I'd drop by Club 180 and see if they know anyone that can help you.
Just saying

Somerset, KY

#3 Jul 10, 2012
Oh and all give away places that I have ever seen give out outdated food. It won't hurt you but you do have to watch.
Little dove

Richmond, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2012
She needs to be removed from there, I don't know how she got all the power to do what she does to people, a family went up there cause they had nothing to eat and she turned them away and was so mean to them ,it is a shame to let kids strave when you have all that food but she did just that gave them nothing..
huh

London, KY

#5 Jul 11, 2012
I am SURE there is a lot more to this story than you folks are telling
Angel

Virgie, KY

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Pauline was very hateful to me one time too and I had two small children and the food stamps were not going that far at all. That woman is a devil and yeah they may be two sides to every story but she is evil and treats people very rude, I wish she would be put out of this position she has let this position make her feel superior cause she thinks she's helping someone and I know she can't give everyone what they really need but she has to be nicer to these people you can't treat a person like crap and then think your doing gods will. She had me crying before I got out the door she was judge and jury so I took my self out the door and left and I've never went back there again, in fact before I moved she talked so sweet to me I simply looked at her and told her that I didn't need her to speak to me that she had done me wrong and I turned and left . The people that is over that pantry needs to get rid of her and get someone else to do the job. As for the food being old most give away food is old that why there giving it away ...... But not all the food is old just pay attention to the dates and if your really bad off go to the food stamp office
True

Saint Catharine, KY

#7 Jul 11, 2012
She is one of the rudest people that I know. I tried working with her and she is a real bitch when she wants to be. In my opinion, she needs to leave town and go back to Florida!!! As for working for the Lord...I do not believe He is involved with her in any way, but she sure does need Him.
Just saying

London, KY

#8 Jul 12, 2012
I know there is more to my story, but it is even worse. I have never had to deal with her as far as wanting food, but I have with her coming to our church and acting the way she does. I have also seen some things out of her at the dollar store that I find wrong. Like using her tax ID to buy dog food and bird food. I don't THINK they give that away at the pantry. When you have a tax ID it is not to be used for your stuff, only what is going to the organization that has the ID. I also know of a man that she said was unclean and he was not, he just didn't put on his Sunday best to go up there and work for her. I know some very well respected ladies in this community that helped her for a while and then saw the way she treated people.
Angel

Martin, KY

#9 Jul 12, 2012
I think Pauline should retire.......
inspector

London, KY

#10 Jul 12, 2012
I never went there for food either, but the woman is very rude and pushy.
help

Somerset, KY

#11 Jul 12, 2012
I totally agree with each of you! I have never seen anything nice from her at all. I used to volunteer up there alot she is very rude and food is stacked up to the ceiling. Her job is to be giving food away. Instead, she spends her time judging everyone. I am asking everyone that has had a problem with her to let a Baptist Preacher know. Maybe, if everyobody knows what she is doing they will put a stop to her!!!!
Whoot-whoot

Richmond, KY

#12 Aug 18, 2012
TRUE , she is so rude and it is not her place to embrasass people the way she does..she is to be helping people, if you have to go there then she should help the ones who are asking for help. i know some go everywhere anything free id given out but some really need help and most of the time they are the one's who can not get help, i saw her turn away a family of five that we with food and it was close to christmas, they ask about help for the kids and she turned them away , i always hope she dreamed about those children that year, but you have to have compasion to feel guilt and she has none, her and a few more so called do gooders around here should be put in their place. i know my spelling is not right but it is the best i can do. sorry
so true

London, KY

#13 Aug 25, 2012
I am very sick and on oxygen and she won't even let anyone carry my food out for me. She said that if I need the food bad enough, I can carry it myself! I really wish that they would get rid of her!
ricky osborne

Benham, KY

#14 Aug 25, 2012
she is rude she turned me away because i did'nt bring any mail with my address on it yet i came back with my lease to my apartment and she still turned me away it makes youy wander would they turn away a homeless person
Hey its me

Corbin, KY

#15 Sep 23, 2012
That's a shame to all of the supporters of God's Pantry. She sounds like just a cruel and vicious person who gets off on making others feel bad to make herself feel good.

Just because you ask for food, it does not mean she has a right to make you take a bath or anything else. Those are just cruel vicious comments and she should be dealt with through the proper venues.

So true that is disability discrimination, you should talk to a lawyer and sue God's Pantry for her behavior. Maybe a lawsuit will be what it takes to get rid of her.
Hey its me

Corbin, KY

#16 Sep 23, 2012
I live in Corbin and they are wonderful there. It's like a little grocery store and you are given a cart that you push and pick out what you like and what you need.

They do not let you take advantage but you can feed your family with what you get.

Pauline needs to be reported and she needs to be dealt with harshly--a lawsuit would do just that.

Call the Appalachian Defense Fund of Kentucky in Harlan and ask if they can help.
yes she would

Cumberland, KY

#17 Sep 24, 2012
ricky osborne wrote:
she is rude she turned me away because i did'nt bring any mail with my address on it yet i came back with my lease to my apartment and she still turned me away it makes youy wander would they turn away a homeless person
yes she would.but let a drug dealer go in there and she will load them down,and them with no place to even put it.would love to have the phone number to where to call.
bad dog

Cumberland, KY

#18 Sep 27, 2012
SHE NEEDS TO STOP SENDING IT TO THE JAIL AND GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE HERE IN TOWN SHE SENDS TRUCK LOADS DOWN THERE
Know Her

Cumberland, KY

#19 Sep 27, 2012
The Riley's brought her in here. Knew from the beginning that she wasn't good news.
Shes Horrible

Jackson, KY

#20 Sep 27, 2012
I had to deal with her once. I got nothing!!! I had mail.. everything. I even called my workerfor foodstamps..and she was shocked that with all the mail and proof I had that she would not help me. Shes a horrible person. I hope someone steps in. She even told me I needed to ditch my man & get a new one to support me better. WTF? None of her concern at all. I hope the b**ch gets fired!! I hope shes put in the situation I was put in at that time of my life... she wouldnt survive & if she had to dealwith someone like herslef, she'd s*it her self!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bottoms up 4 hr jack 21
Outing BobbyCUDDLE MY BOTTOMBowling 4 hr jack 4
Stabbing at cumberland manor 4 hr jack 3
Best 90's band?? 4 hr ABC 6
hio 4 hr kin 1
everyone 4 hr KING 1
king 4 hr KING 1
Cumberland Dating
Find my Match

Cumberland Jobs