Several drug arrests made by deputies

Full story: Commonwealth Journal

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Department, in conjunction with two other agencies, made several drug arrests and issued several court citations over the past week.
Comments
621 - 640 of 648 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
Society dictates

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Acceptability of anything must pass the smell test of society. The majority thinks drugs are just drugs and do not distinguish between them. Saying drugs is like saying killing. The end result is death so any justification is lost in the ends means test. You will never compare one drug to another and gain favorable responses. For anything to past the smell test, society has to see a direct benefit overall, not just one person crooning my rights to do what I want outweighs the rest of you. Resorting to alcohol, simply because it is a drug and may cause some to have problems with it, in terms of abuse will not work either. People can drink in moderation and most do. Once you start talking about "drugs" at all, people will turn a deaf ear and consider your argument dopey. And letís not even talk about the economics that have hard numbers to legitimize alcohol's use. It's a looser before it even begins.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

A true , laid back toker can hardly be labeled a drug dealer - A consumer , maybe , but not a dealer -There's a lot to be yet discovered about the medicinal research aspect of marijuana -Group that with stem cell research -
Society dictates

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

True, but any futuristic argument must be made within that context and medical implies doctors are behind usuage, and some are, but most are not. That may be the place to pass the smell test. Personally, I am not against its usuage, just where and when it is used. Anything in its proper place is a different story. Like a private home would be an example of proper use.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Tell me wrote:
<quoted text>oh really? what other developed countries that have the same freedoms as the u.s. have legalized illicit drug use or possession?
I'm a disabled nam vet and am also on s.s. but I'm as patriotic a they get.However I fell marijuana should be legalised nation wide.It's harmless, is more mentaly adictive than physically so plus it has very great medicinal values which have all been very well documented and scientificaly proven not only here but all over the world.Many country's have legalied marijuana use whil others tolerate it but the thing everyone of them hjave in common are the results which have been all very positive with no negatives whatsoever.They have all seensignificant drops in drug trealted crimes plus significant drops in the numbers of teens that had been usning it prior to it being made legal and or tolerated,plus theirs the revenues which hre woul bring in way more than all alcahol and tobaco products combined and then some.We are no diferent than these people in other country's are in this respect so it''s obvious that we would have the same positive results as the country's that hve legalised it and or tolerate it have had.It's the most intelligent and logicl thing to do instead of throwing away mega billions t the federal level with nothing whatsoever to shpw for it and as for th states it's mega milions and again with nothing at all to show for it.So instead of throwing away the tax payers money on something they willl never win legalise it and use those mega billions and mega millions to get us back on track
forsure

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

charles0390 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a disabled nam vet and am also on s.s. but I'm as patriotic a they get.However I fell marijuana should be legalised nation wide.It's harmless, is more mentaly adictive than physically so plus it has very great medicinal values which have all been very well documented and scientificaly proven not only here but all over the world.Many country's have legalied marijuana use whil others tolerate it but the thing everyone of them hjave in common are the results which have been all very positive with no negatives whatsoever.They have all seensignificant drops in drug trealted crimes plus significant drops in the numbers of teens that had been usning it prior to it being made legal and or tolerated,plus theirs the revenues which hre woul bring in way more than all alcahol and tobaco products combined and then some.We are no diferent than these people in other country's are in this respect so it''s obvious that we would have the same positive results as the country's that hve legalised it and or tolerate it have had.It's the most intelligent and logicl thing to do instead of throwing away mega billions t the federal level with nothing whatsoever to shpw for it and as for th states it's mega milions and again with nothing at all to show for it.So instead of throwing away the tax payers money on something they willl never win legalise it and use those mega billions and mega millions to get us back on track
Im asumming you use it by your post & see your point but where do we stop on where its legal to use ,there is the problem .Do we limit it to home or across the board use .there is alot that needs to be taken into consideration .I personally dont use it but I could care less if you do or others just as long as you are not driving or posing a threat .I know what you are going to say about posing a threat ,So Ill tell you that I have used it when I was young & there is no way anyone is safe operating a vehicle while under its use ,Most who say otherwise are about like the drunk who thinks he can drive .NOT ,So that beeing said its not totally harmless .
Back to my point

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Everything in its place is where it should be. beyond that, no. I too do not use but did as a teen of the seventies. It seemed back then it was considered harmless to most, but of course we kept it off the radar as much as possible. I remember going into the woods so that others did not know what we were doing. I never had a problem with it, except at home when my parents wondered why I was always raiding the refridgerator (LOL). You should both like this joke. What is ear? two pot smokers handing each other a joint: Ear, Ear...

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Dont really have time to read all these posts, but I think the Somerset Police are doing a pretty good job compared to where Im from. Dont get me wrong, I think the majority of police are A$$HOLE$, but there are a few good ones. I am a large white man with a shaved head and lots of tattoos and I think I get stereotyped. Its kind of a pain in the back side when I get pulled over for petty things and get treated like a druggie or murderer. I still feel better here with my kids. I feel like this will do its best to keep the drugs away from my kids, so if I get harrassed a little here and there, I will accept the trade.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

forsure wrote:
<quoted text>Im asumming you use it by your post & see your point but where do we stop on where its legal to use ,there is the problem .Do we limit it to home or across the board use .there is alot that needs to be taken into consideration .I personally dont use it but I could care less if you do or others just as long as you are not driving or posing a threat .I know what you are going to say about posing a threat ,So Ill tell you that I have used it when I was young & there is no way anyone is safe operating a vehicle while under its use ,Most who say otherwise are about like the drunk who thinks he can drive .NOT ,So that beeing said its not totally harmless .
I respect you opnions on this subject but how about all the people that are taking prescription pain meds and narcotic based tranqs and sedatives as I have to take all of these(legaly),there's millions that have to take all of these types of meds and are out there driving everywhere,I asked my laeyr about this one time and she told me that it's a catch 22 kinda thing,you'r damned if you don't and damned if you do or in other words if they do dlood work and any of them show up in you'
r system you can be legaly charged with driving under the influence if the people you say had an accident they were involved in they can legaly go after you for driving under the influence of narocotic drugs although I have yet to hear of anybody being chared over it,it makes me scared to drive cause I have to take these meds like 304 times a day and noth as well
tewey

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

I know several people they have charged with dui who have legal prescriptions, one was charged just because the cops knew they was prescribed with the medication and had not even took the medication. So be safe driving you can be charged and arrested for it.
One sided for sure

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Ask anybody that has been given a dui and they will tell you they had two beers. I am sure that one you speak of claims to be sober too. Our police have nothing better to do than to arrest law abiding citizens and violate the very Constitution they swear to uphold... RIGHT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

One sided for sure wrote:
Ask anybody that has been given a dui and they will tell you they had two beers. I am sure that one you speak of claims to be sober too. Our police have nothing better to do than to arrest law abiding citizens and violate the very Constitution they swear to uphold... RIGHT!
You'r definitely not lying and what makes it even worse is the fat that several county and city cops are using marijuana and cocaine(al thrue,no lies at all) then they go out and arrest the peole who are doing the exact same things their doing themselves and this also applys to at least 2 of the judged in this county and city.Yeppers their also uusing pot and cocaine as well yet try and senetnce people for the same things their doing.I'd bet cash money right here and now that if a surprise urine test was done(unannunced) and then sen to a lab in another state and not using the adress and name of the city and or country sherrifs offic etc I'd bet that the majority of them would show up dirty.I have to take percocet 20's and morphine sufate(tablets) 30 mgs 3 times a day/night and the percocets at 3-4 times a day and or night,I also have to take extremely powerful narcotic based tnanqs and sedatives for my PTSD,flash backs nightmares panic ttacks anxiety attacks etc from nam.I taked to my laeyer one day when I was there asking about some other legal maters that would benefit me and she told me that taking my legal meds and driving is the famous "catch 22"thing.So if you'r in an accident,no matter if it's not you'r fault or not and the take blood etc,you fonna get nailed for driving under the unfluence.The thing about this is.The vast majority of everybody thats driving in this county and city are taking one of more narcotic based medication everyday and night(legaly) and are out there driving and should god forbid they get into an accidnt no matter if it's not thjeir fault or otherwise and blood is taken etc their going get chaged with driving under the influence.Marijuana is not the root cause of the accidents people have and it shows up in their systems as THC can remain in you'r system for up to 90 days and it doesn't matter if say,alcahol was the main reason for the accident,the marijuana will be named as contributing to the accident no matter that it wasn't used for 2-3 months prior to the accident and thats just not right at all and the laws neds to be changed so as not make marijuana look like the evil thing it isn't

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Society dictates wrote:
True, but any futuristic argument must be made within that context and medical implies doctors are behind usuage, and some are, but most are not. That may be the place to pass the smell test. Personally, I am not against its usuage, just where and when it is used. Anything in its proper place is a different story. Like a private home would be an example of proper use.
The fact is that marijuana has been tested and retested with all the documentation and scientific prof or evidence tht shows without a dout that it is an extremely valuable medicine in it's own right and definitely a very good medicinal aide.It's even been proven to shrink tumors whwre whats curently being used cannot and it's gone so far as to put very many people with diefertn types of cancers into remission when whats being used has not been able to do the same thing.Plus it's harmless espeiclly if used with a vaporiser,that eliminates any tars so it renders it harmless to the human body completely so.I think at the vry least it should be made legal for medicinal use nationwide as the state by state thing doesn't work.I'm a 100 percent disabled nam vet with both phuysical and mental disabilitys's from the war and it's been my experience that marijuana used with a vaporiser in small amounts at a time works 100 pecent beter than the percocet 20's and 30mg morphine sulfate tabs I habve to take 3-4 times a day for chronic pain management that cannot ever be fixed operating due to risk factors plus it blows the heavy duty tranqs and sedatives I have to take daily and at night u out of the water completely as far as helping me with my PTSD,flashbacks,deep depression,anxiety attacks,pnic attacks and night mares as well plus as far as the pain part it again,blows the pain meds I have to take 3-4 times a day and night out of the water completely,It workd faster mtakes lessm lasts longer and with no druggy effetcs and after efects either plus marijuana is more mentally addictive than it is physically so,makes me much more aware as to everything thats taking place around me,doesn't slow down m relexes at all if anything it speed em up,mke me be bale to concentrate much better at everything I do as well.The gov is throwing away literaly mega billions a year just on fighting marijuana and every year they end up with absolutely nothing to show for it ecept the throwing away of billions in tax payers dollars as each year yeilds that are grown right here by Americans continiue to out do the previous years yields so it's a total failure and waste of time and money that we could be using to help take care of all the millions of people that are out of workt thanks to obozo.As for the states ,their throwing away mega millions and again,nothing at all to show for it.Quit thrwoing away tax payers dollars trying to fight that which cannot and never wil be able to be defeated.Wreap in the revues legalising it would generate which would be much much more than all alchol and all tobaco products combined yearly plus some.Country's tha have legalised it and or tolerate it's use have had nothing but positive results to shw for doing so and i would be the same way right here in the US as well significat drops in drug relate crimes and significant drops in the numbers of teen using it as well and thats a good thing,not a bad one
Check your stats

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

The U.S. has incarcerated more now than ever. A steady rise in arrests usually means one of two things. Better detection or more useage. Two wrongs will never equate to support for the legalization of marijuana. If cops are users, sowhat. What does that have to do with anything. Shame on them and you still need to convince the masses that marijuana is okay and that must stand on its own, not compared to other forms of drugs whether legal or not. Yep, tobacco is bad. So lets make all drugs legal just because of it. Great argument, I know that will push it closer to legalization... not.
mark

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

the cops let the rats promote the drugs,all the big shots and legal attorneys bring the drugs in so they can keep the stuff out on the streets,then once the drugs gets out on the street then they go and start making alot of bust,they will let the informents drink and drive to go do a bust they know their high on dope they should not be allowed to do that what if an informent runs over and kills someone is it worth it. these people are let go and they continue to do drugs and the cops let them do it,it all just a game to promote money in the legal system, it will never be stopped, if it was stopped the legal system would go broke,no one that works in that line of work wants that to happen,they be out of a job
just reading

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

wat some do should not interfear with the rest . but a crimanal is a crimanal drugs or not.
meeee

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

If you smoke cigarettes then you have no reason what so ever to talk about people smoking pot. By definition, Nicotine, Aspirin, Alcohol and THC are drugs. There are more drug users then there are non drug users.
For those parents who are reading this in horror, I am not trying to get kids to smoke Pot. What I am doing here is trying to tell them the truth, and tell you the truth about a widely misunderstood substance. This is an opportunity for everyone to have a better understanding of reality. If you can't handle reality, stop reading this post. There are plenty of posts on this site that will tell you what you want to hear. This is not one of them.
I think it's wrong for society to lie to teenagers about smoking marijuana. I find it frustrating when I hear ads from places like "Partnership for a Drug Free America" running commercials against Pot that just aren't true. I don't like it when people warn teens about using "Marijuana and Cocaine" when Pot is almost harmless and Cocaine is a dangerous drug. When people lie to teens about Marijuana then teens assume they are lying about other drugs too and I think they are more likely to do drugs they shouldn't do. So I think it's time to come clean and tell the truth. If teens are going to do drugs, they should have truthful and accurate information. So I have decided to tell it like it is. Best decisions are made when the real facts are presented.
1)Marijuana is not addictive.(NOPE it isn't yea people might really like it and not wanna quit but if they did they'd experience no withdrawals what so ever.) Cigarettes are addictive.
2.) Marijuana does not cause death.(Each year, a staggering 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use) Did you know Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people a year than war?
3.)Marijuana can be used to make hemp and other products such as paper (no more tree chopping) clothing, and rope. We can also make marijuana oil which can be used as a renewable fuel.
meeee

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

4.)Marijuana is legal in Amsterdam and is on the way of being legal in Canada. Both countries have far less crime than the US.
5.) Marijuana use is in the bible. Genesis gave mankind the power over every land, sea, and animal. Not to mention every seed bearing plant.(Marijuana is a seed bearing plant)
6.) Marijuana can be used to help alleviate pain and suffering humanely.
7.) You can not overdose on marijuana.
8.)I could list things like this for days...
Teenagers and children are lied to about marijuana by uninformed uneducated parents and propaganda.anti marijuana legislation and TV propaganda are funded by the lobbyists that have interest in alcohol and timber.
Legalizing Marijuana would be a benefit to society. We as a nation would be improved by it. There are several reasons I make this claim. Although Pot has it's problems, it's benefits for outweigh it's consequences.
If Pot were legal, many people would switch from alcohol to Pot. I think that a lot of Alcohol abuse come from the fact that it is the only legal drug and therefore is overused. Alcohol is highly addictive, physically and psychologically destructive, and is a severe drag on society. I think that if Pot were legal that many people would switch to Pot and be much better off. I think one side effect of legalizing Pot would be a major reduction in the abuse of Alcohol and that the number of traffic deaths would drop dramatically.
Actually, if there is anything that's a gateway drug, it's nicotine. Tobacco is the first drug that kids use. It's illegal for kids and, unlike Pot, it's addictive. Once a kid is hooked on nicotine they have joined the ranks of drug addicts. As an addict already it's easier for them to move on to other addictive drugs like Alcohol, Cocaine, Crack, Meth, and Heroine.
cover Marijuana on the other hand is the choice of the responsible drug user. A person who wants to get high on something that isn't addictive and doesn't have any long term health effects for the moderate user would likely choose to smoke Pot. This is the drug of choice for those who don't want to be on the path of drug addiction.
So that's that. lets open up the argument!
jman

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

No court, no jail, just kill them start making examples. This country is to soft.
Lesser of evils

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Society sees the alcohol as social and other drugs as evil. Change that if you want to change the law. Its as simple as that.
psycho123

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

whats the number for 911?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality 150,034
Chris Dixon (Apr '12) 2 hr slemp 23
Ms.Diniah Day 5 hr beat her down 4
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr Yoda-byte-me 1,031
Bria Letanosky 6 hr Haha 19
Outing BobbyCUDDLE MY BOTTOMBowling 6 hr Spectator 3
Nat Lee (Feb '14) 6 hr Spectator 4

Search the Cumberland Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Cumberland Jobs

•••