Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#72979 Oct 19, 2012
LT Texan wrote:
<quoted text>Do they contain nicotine?
She isn't here, so I will answer. You can get them with two levels of nicotine and without nicotine. Unless they have recently changed.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72980 Oct 19, 2012
LT Texan wrote:
<quoted text>Do they contain nicotine?
Yes, but much less than regular cigarettes. If you want to, you can buy non-nicotine cartridges. But even if you use the nicotine ones, they are pretty safe, and don't contain the 400 plus carcinogens that are in cigarettes.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#72981 Oct 19, 2012
Glad to see the thread so clean and quite pleasant. We have made progress. Amazing some of the same "likes"...Eight was Great, Nine will be Fine...UK, Go Cats. lol

And the song was great. Makes me miss Peace and watch. Loved music night.

I hope everyone had a Fabulous Friday and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Don't forget tomorrow night is suppose to be a light show if the sky is clear. Loving the chill and colors of Fall. Get out and enjoy it while you can, I am. Life is Good.

Goodnight

Location hidden

#72982 Oct 19, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>I love "Another One Bites the Dust" by far my favorite.
UK will at least make the Elite 8.
Me, too. I also like "A Kind of Magic," "The Hammer to Fall," and "These Were the Days of Our Lives." UK should do very well this year.

Location hidden

#72983 Oct 19, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Glad to see the thread so clean and quite pleasant. We have made progress. Amazing some of the same "likes"...Eight was Great, Nine will be Fine...UK, Go Cats. lol
And the song was great. Makes me miss Peace and watch. Loved music night.
I hope everyone had a Fabulous Friday and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Don't forget tomorrow night is suppose to be a light show if the sky is clear. Loving the chill and colors of Fall. Get out and enjoy it while you can, I am. Life is Good.
Goodnight
Hi, Abeliever. I even hate to hear the word,"snow." Hubby and our grandson went for a short camping trip to Green River Lake. Our little guy wanted to take part in an early Halloween celebration, so Hubby got talked into going. They are in a nice warm RV, but I can't go with them until I'm feeling better. The RV has all the conveniences of home, but I only like to go in summer.

Well, good-night all. Will stop in tomorrow.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#72984 Oct 19, 2012
It is much nicer when everyone can be pleasant and overlook our different likes and dislikes and move ahead.

I (for one) don't care much about sports and UK basketball or some people's choice in music or politics, but I see no reason to make negative comments about their choices. Live and let live is the best motto.

My dog told a lie. He said it was tree time and I should add wood to the fire and make coffee and let him out. It is way too early for tree or coffee time and much too dark to see the birds.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72985 Oct 20, 2012
Coffee. Need, coffee.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72986 Oct 20, 2012
The Orionid meteor shower comes zipping thru our little part of the universe tonight. This is usually a pretty good sky watchers event and is expected to produce 20+ per hour. I think this one will come early in the night too, like 11 pm-ish. then peak again around 5 am-ish. I will set up my meteor watch gear early so I can just go out and crawl into my sleeping bag on a lawn chair or the hammock.

Ok, the sun is creeping up, so time to take the coffee outside for some bird action.

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.

Location hidden

#73001 Oct 20, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Coffee. Need, coffee.
Me too. I just started making the second pot of coffee for today. I use the excuse for my excessive coffee drinking that having five or more cups a day reduces the risk of getting certain kinds of cancer. If that is really so, I won't have to worry about it.

Location hidden

#73002 Oct 20, 2012
well, time to go out to feed my critters, with Stein and the other dogs in tow. Will check in later.
raven

United States

#73003 Oct 20, 2012
@ Ogalala if you are having trouble with your blood sugar, Dandelion root tea will help. I'm sure you might be aware of it. Just wanted to let you know. I'd like to start digging and drying dandelion...just don't know where to start when they emerge. Too late this year. Maybe next Fall. The birds have been singing pretty today. Enjoying it:)
raven

United States

#73010 Oct 20, 2012
Haven't fed that bird yet;)Gotta run...

Location hidden

#73013 Oct 20, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about eliminating prescription meds. and using the homeopathic approach... To Ogalala, these are remedy's for ailments I have because I do not go to Doctors.Just a few suggestions if you or anybody else isn't on prescriptions. Just like no alcohol with your meds, no alternatives either. Just research Folks if you are interested in attempting a change of lifestyle/ habits;)
Good idea. Thanks for the info. My blood sugar isn't too bad right now, but I have a very strong family history of diabetes. So it's just a matter of time. I've kept my weight down, too, and that helps a lot.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#73018 Oct 20, 2012
Oh balls, the sky is clouding up. The Orionid meteor shower is nearing and it may be hidden. I'll still check it around 11 or so, should be good if it clears up here.

Have a good night,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#73019 Oct 20, 2012
Looks like the retention level is fairly low. Only 25% remaining. I guess the plesantry did not last all that long. hmmmmmmm
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73024 Oct 20, 2012
Hello Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala...where's NOPE? I hope you enjoyed the day. Chilly and cloudy my way. Probably won't get to see the light show unless it clears away some clouds. Beautiful leaf color today..enjoying it while it lasts. Lots of birds chirping though.

Weekend forecast calls for meteor showers

Halley's Comet won't be seen again on Earth until 2061, but the comet, which was last visible in 1986, has left a little something as a parting gift. The Orionid meteor showers are bits of Halley's Comet dust that burn up when they hit the atmosphere — giving us a pretty spectacular show in the night sky. Astronomers estimate that we'll see up to "dozens of meteors per hour" during the height of the storm, which should come between 11 p.m. Eastern time Saturday to 3 a.m. Eastern time Sunday. The moon will just be coming out of its new phase, which will help us out with visibility, so get your binoculars ready, and hope for clear skies.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/orionid-meteor-shower-from...
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73025 Oct 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Looks like the retention level is fairly low. Only 25% remaining. I guess the plesantry did not last all that long. hmmmmmmm
I agree, I didn't think it would last long. Just a ploy to fool the Mods into thinking they could be decent. Oh well, their loss. Did you see where:

'Big Tex,' 60-year-old icon of Texas state fair, goes up in flames..off the same site as the

Mystery ground shaking rattles South Jersey

South New Jersey residents felt the ground shaking Saturday morning, but no earthquakes or military training exercises were reported in the region.

The U.S. Geological Survey suggested a possible sonic boom was the cause.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/20/14...

That was weird for New Jersey....
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73026 Oct 20, 2012
LT Texan wrote:
I for one am glad to see this thread get somewhat back on track. Its nice here.
Kind of vacant feeling, like a night alone in the desert. You lay on your back, look up at the stars, pitch a tent. Feel me?
We are too. Hope it stays that way and you continue to post. I feel ya! lol Tonight would be a nice night to lay on your back and look up at the meteor showers if it is clear in your area. Sad about BIG TEX burning up. Pictures were sad and I have never seen him or been to Texas. Have a good evening

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73027 Oct 20, 2012
Hey everyone! Long time no see! When fishing yesterday and caught quite a few bass, crappie, etc. Catch and release is my motto though.

Today was just too drab outside, but I hope we are all able to see some meteors tonight! If the cloud cover dissipates, maybe. Just maybe..

Other than that, nothing new here. Enjoyed the catch up on the thread here, although on the light side as far as any action, it's nice not to have to weed through hundreds of comments to find one worth relating to.

Got some fried cabbage and a pot of butter beans with ham on the stove. Getting ready to put a pan of cornbread in the oven. Talk about comfort food, what with the cool weather and all.. Be back shortly!!
raven

United States

#73028 Oct 20, 2012
Pretty cloudy over here in Eastern Ky been keeping an eye on the sky...Probably be a late night tonight.Dust has come in and settled on our cars. Need a tent :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Juanita couch 1 hr john 5
Sherry eldridge 12 hr Sick of it 6
Theif 16 hr Probably you 2
Layoffs 20 hr Thinker 2
ted miles Jul 20 Tommy miles 17
maroon jeep Jul 20 Kimberly 3
ricky osborne Jul 19 kevin 3

Cumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance