riverview mobile home park cullowhee nc

Posted in the Cullowhee Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cherokkewoman

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2009
due to the large amount of damage to the trailors and the landlord refuses to repair them alot of people are moving out of the park most of the trailors are infested with roaches and there are dangerous floor problems and sewage problems that seep out into peoples yards and the kids have to play there.the land lord jim caulderbanks refuses to do any repairs and over the years the tenants have lost their deposits because of problems that were already there.the land lord would take the people too court and sue them for the damages my advice to anyone wanting to rent there would be to go else where.there are lots of children there that just run loose in the neighborhood and the river there is dangerous there are no signs to warn the parents to watch their children its up to other older neighborhood children to watch out for the younger ones.I thihnk the health department should demolish those trailors they are unsafe and not kept up properly in maintenance....

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 4, 2009
cherokkewoman wrote:
due to the large amount of damage to the trailors and the landlord refuses to repair them alot of people are moving out of the park most of the trailors are infested with roaches and there are dangerous floor problems and sewage problems that seep out into peoples yards and the kids have to play there.the land lord jim caulderbanks refuses to do any repairs and over the years the tenants have lost their deposits because of problems that were already there.the land lord would take the people too court and sue them for the damages my advice to anyone wanting to rent there would be to go else where.there are lots of children there that just run loose in the neighborhood and the river there is dangerous there are no signs to warn the parents to watch their children its up to other older neighborhood children to watch out for the younger ones.I thihnk the health department should demolish those trailors they are unsafe and not kept up properly in maintenance....
What did the Health Department say when you reported it to them?
cherokkewoman

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2009
they didnt go out there and do anything I even called the county about the sewage going into the river they dont have time to do anything especially when it concerns mr caulderbanks.he doesnt fix up anything roaches are every where and he has no concerns for anyones health but his own all he cares about is the money he can get off the poor residents of jackson county

Location hidden

#4 Aug 5, 2009
cherokkewoman wrote:
they didnt go out there and do anything I even called the county about the sewage going into the river they dont have time to do anything especially when it concerns mr caulderbanks.he doesnt fix up anything roaches are every where and he has no concerns for anyones health but his own all he cares about is the money he can get off the poor residents of jackson county
That is such a shame I have heard such good things about Mr. Caulderbanks. How did you find out about the situation? Your profile says you live in Canada. I will have to check out the situation.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 5, 2009
cherokkewoman wrote:
I forgot to ad that I can not find the place! I found Park Place but not Riverview! I even searched the internet but found nothing. Do you know the location or address so I can send people over there?
cherokkewoman

United States

#6 Aug 6, 2009
it is park place they did not change the name on the computer its off old cullowhee rd in cullowhee go down to the laundry mat and turn down the rd right in front of it go across small bridge turn down first rd to your right rurn down first entrance on your right thats river park mhp dont know where you heard such good things about mr caulderbanks he has giving so many poor residents many problems and never returns any of their deposits when they move out you will have to get access to the empry trailors there are alot empty now just go over there tell them you want to rent a trailor and go through them all and you will see the damage none of them are set up for winre none of them are insulated and the cold air just comes up through the floors along with the rats and stray cats.he also over charges on the rent and many of the people have to have their rent paid by hud.I dont live in canada I live right down the rd from the trailor park I rented a trailor there last year and the sewage kept backing up out of the sewer lot 82 I begged them to fix it because i had small children and nothing was done....

Location hidden

#8 Aug 6, 2009
Ok, sorry I looked below your name & it said. cherokkewoman

Mississauga, Canada

I used to have a friend that he helped out with money & a place to stay. She did not have a job. Sometimes she did some work for him. That is where I heard good things about him. Her children were grown with grandchildren. He also helped them. Sorry to hear that things went so badly. I will check it out. Thanks for the info.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 6, 2009
Well, I went to Riverview Mobile Home Park. You are right it looks pretty bad. Unfortunately like most of the Mobile Parks I have seen in Jackson County & nothing done about it. Which is the same about the crime. The Sheriff does nothing. Speaking from experience when help was needed.
cherokkewoman

United States

#10 Aug 7, 2009
he also propositions women in exchange for the work and housing for sex
I know

Appleton, WI

#11 Aug 12, 2009
I used to live in Riverview back when I was a child. It has always been that way, but isn't there some lady named Melba that owns it? Thought that was her name, can't remember. My mother was trying to get the HD to do something about it then and it still ain't done...so sad that them people living there have to deal with such a mess. Have you tried turning in the man for his propositions? I think I would because nobody needs to deal with such trash. Just my opinion though.
cherokkewoman

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2009
quite a few women have but since he has money and they come from the trailor park noone believes them then he throws them out,no jim owns it now hes part owner anyway he has been in trouble in florida for having indecent acts with a woman while he was married and running for senator...the tampa tribune
cherokkewoman

United States

#13 Aug 26, 2009
cherokkewoman wrote:
quite a few women have but since he has money and they come from the trailor park noone believes them then he throws them out,no jim owns it now hes part owner anyway he has been in trouble in florida for having indecent acts with a woman while he was married and running for senator...the tampa tribune
hes done it again cruel man
Life

United States

#14 Aug 26, 2009
Wouldn't it be easier if you just stay away from him?
Crazy

United States

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Why do you keep messing with him then? Surely you must have some thing better to do or a job? Did he stop supporting you & that is why you are really mad?

“tracy”

Since: Mar 09

westfield pa

#16 Aug 27, 2009
Life wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier if you just stay away from him?
I dont go around him im helping the elerly people he put out of the mhp wouldnt you or would you let them stay out homeless

“tracy”

westfield pa

#17 Aug 27, 2009
Crazy wrote:
Why do you keep messing with him then? Surely you must have some thing better to do or a job? Did he stop supporting you & that is why you are really mad?
no he never supported me i support myself i went to the stroe and the elderly people were sitting outside with nowhere to go im not a cold hearted person god says to help others or do you even read your bible I dont hang out with crooks and thieves and liars so you have no idea what you are talking about and its easy to see that he puts peole out for no reason his trailor park has very little good people in it do you live in the trailor park is that why you are saying things about a good person that lives in a house? not trailor park trash thank you have a good day

“tracy”

westfield pa

#18 Aug 27, 2009
im not one of the women he exchange rent for sex i dont live there
Confused

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2009
Are you sure that Mr. Caulderbanks never helped you out with money, food & place to live before? A friend of mine knows you very well. Says he has seen Mr. Caulderbanks at your place when you rented from a man that owns Cullowhee Auto. My friend says that you told him Mr. Caulderbanks helps you and you also said that he is a very good man. He says you are lazy, do not have a job, live off income assistance, taken money for sex, druggie, alcoholic & so on. He also recognizes you from your picture. I asked him if he was sure since it is not good to say bad things about people but he said he is positive by your picture & where you live. Would it not be easier to just admit you grew tired of him, the way he is & that you have had personal experience to go on instead of lying to us & God? There is nothing wrong with admitting you made a big mistake with some one you trusted. Maybe you have also turned your life around? Maybe Mr. Caulderbanks turned out to be a bad person but there is nothing wrong in telling the whole truth so people can learn from your mistakes, personal experience. God is the only one that really knows the truth & may he forgive us.

“tracy”

westfield pa

#20 Aug 27, 2009
positive nope jim never loaned me anything I only live there for two months and I hated the park so much that I was never home much sure evryone knows me here and no im not lazy im disabled have a degenerative disc disease in my spine and severe lung problems that does not allow me to work and as far as larry talking bad about me you must be lying he would never say those things I see him everyday.so what do you suck up to jim to...lol he does pay people off to lie doesnt he?and by the way almost everyone on this side of town knows me and no I dont use people I help them,and no I do not get assistace from the state nor am I on welfare,or hud,I would not take that it is there for people who really need it like you...I go to church on sundays and do not believe in lying about nothing god comes first have a god blessed day if you wanna argue some more to try to protect a deceitful man im ready no problem to me
Confused

United States

#21 Aug 27, 2009
Sorry to disappoint you but I do not know who a man named Larry is. I was only telling you what a friend of mine was saying about you. He said your name is Tracy & that public assistance supports you. That he knew you when you rented from Cullowhee Auto Service. I have never even met Mr. Caulderbanks or who owns Cullowhee Auto Service. I am only relaying what others are telling me. That is why I asked you. Yes the town knows you. That is why I asked if you turned your life around. Which would be wonderful. I was told that the friend even tried to get you to go to Church & that all you wanted to do was drink beer & party. I am very happy to see you have found God & have changed your life around. Many people have been worried about you. They say that you would be a good person if you gave up the alcohol & that you have a great love of animals. I do pray you are doing well & will pass on how good you life is now & that you have turned it over to God.:) Take care & the best of luck. God will deal with Mr. Caulderbanks & punish him for all that he has done to you & others. I am sorry he turned out to be such a bad friend to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cullowhee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who can tell about luke stinnett Wed Ashley1002 1
News 6-year-old drowns in indoor hotel pool in North... Sep 17 evie 1
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Sep 3 Charlene 6ft5in 64
River Park Trailer Park (Aug '10) Aug 29 TLong 29
Enfiled-(BlackBottom)-A town lost in time (May '08) Aug '17 Dragonfly4me 39
How can we make Franklin a better place? Aug '17 dragged here by p... 2
The worst landlords Aug '17 Rock 3

Cullowhee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance