WCU business school ranked among nati...

WCU business school ranked among nation's best

There are 13 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 8, 2008, titled WCU business school ranked among nation's best. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : CULLOWHEE Western Carolina University's College of Business has been ranked among the nation's best schools at which to earn a master's degree in business administration, according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Since: May 07

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Oct 8, 2008
Very nice.
MacDaddy

Dillon, SC

#2 Oct 8, 2008
It's about time that our local media starts recognizing WCU academics! Our fine state university to the west is a great choice for students today... way to go WCU business school!
LOL

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Oct 8, 2008
Wharton, Duke and others are laughing their a88es off right now. Who could blame them?

Great Falls, MT

#4 Oct 8, 2008
LOL wrote:
Wharton, Duke and others are laughing their a88es off right now. Who could blame them?
And when their graduates are still paying off their student loans, the WCU graduates will be enjoying their salaries!
Sam JD

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Oct 8, 2008
mlc9852 wrote:
<quoted text>
And when their graduates are still paying off their student loans, the WCU graduates will be enjoying their salaries!
You may not realize this but the difference salaries is likely astronomical. There is just no cmoparison to a high powered employer between WCU and a high powered university.
WCU Number 1

Atlanta, GA

#6 Oct 8, 2008
Sam JD wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not realize this but the difference salaries is likely astronomical. There is just no cmoparison to a high powered employer between WCU and a high powered university.
Finally Western gets recognized. Western will some day be considered a "high powered" university. Many people who graduate from the so called "high powered" universities are kidding themselves by thinking they are more educated than people graduating from schools like WCU. It must be frustrating in the work place for students from Duke or UNC when they have to work for a WCU graduate.
YeahRight

Boston, MA

#7 Oct 8, 2008
"Western will some day be considered a 'high powered' Universtiy." hahahaha. Yeah right. 296 is a lot of schools. If every state had six schools (Western is NOT the even the 6th best in the state) that would be how many schools are on this list.

WCU is still not a good school. It is a reach to say they are average.

Great Falls, MT

#8 Oct 9, 2008
YeahRight wrote:
"Western will some day be considered a 'high powered' Universtiy." hahahaha. Yeah right. 296 is a lot of schools. If every state had six schools (Western is NOT the even the 6th best in the state) that would be how many schools are on this list.
WCU is still not a good school. It is a reach to say they are average.
You live in MA?
Fuqua SOB

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Oct 9, 2008
I attended WCU for one semester. When it became apparent that I knew more than the professors I transferred. I thought I would like a small, hometown sort of university. Wrong. Leaving was the best decision I ever made. WCU is almost remedial.

Great Falls, MT

#10 Oct 9, 2008
Fuqua SOB wrote:
I attended WCU for one semester. When it became apparent that I knew more than the professors I transferred. I thought I would like a small, hometown sort of university. Wrong. Leaving was the best decision I ever made. WCU is almost remedial.
So where did you transfer to?
Fuqua SOB

Lincolnton, NC

#11 Oct 9, 2008
mlc9852 wrote:
<quoted text>
So where did you transfer to?
Fuqua SOB - Duke
say what

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 9, 2008
Fuqua SOB wrote:
ROFLMAO! ELON has one of the top business schools as well!
Holshouser

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Oct 9, 2008
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! ELON has one of the top business schools as well!
Where is Elon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cullowhee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Carrion Tree Svc (Jul '11) Mon Christa Robertson 74
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Apr 23 Stinkulus Maximus 35
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Apr 22 Todd 62
What has happened to Franklin? (Aug '11) Apr 16 bako 291
jennifer whitaker (Sep '12) Apr 14 Roxieb 4
Jackson County Magistrate Apr 11 usa 1
News Public perspectives on Corridor K (May '11) Apr 2 Travis 13

Cullowhee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance