Who do you want for sheriff in 2010

Who do you want for sheriff in 2010

Created by ANON on Dec 8, 2009

4,615 votes

Click on an option to vote

Ashe

Gunnels

Rhinehart

Other

First Prev
of 71
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 8, 2009
Vote for Robin Gunnels & get this County to the way it should be with a Sheriff that cares about your rights & protection.

"The citizens of Jackson County deserve the service and protection that has become so costly to us," Gunnels said. "Show me your support and I will show you a sheriffs office that will work hard to restore the trust of the citizens."

Judged:

23

14

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ANON

Franklin, NC

#2 Dec 8, 2009
As long as Mr. Gunnels cares about the community more than he cares about being a the football game I'm all for it.

Judged:

10

10

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 8, 2009
We know Robin Gunnels & his family personally. They are good people.
We also know Jimmy Ashe. When we were broken into we really needed Jimmy Ashes help & he ignored it, he said it was an isolated incident & did nothing to the people that did it. There was also an eye witness to the event with the description of the criminals & their vehicle. With other peoples help we found out where the criminals lived & we told Ashe. It took 2 weeks after informing Ashe for him to assign a detective to the case.( The criminals were living here illegally in this country. They also had no IDs.) He said that they did nothing illegal & dropped the case. This has happened to many people that has needed his help. He does not do his job required by law, nor does he care. Knowing we have a Sheriff that does not uphold the law & protect its law abiding citizens is very frightening. It is time for a change for the better.
We deserve to at least give some one else a chance, for to keep things as they are we will fall apart to crime & will never be safe in our own homes, little long outside of there. I believe Robin Gunnels will do a much better job. He deserves a chance. Him & his family have good hearts. He will do what is right.
ANON wrote:
As long as Mr. Gunnels cares about the community more than he cares about being a the football game I'm all for it.
ANON

Franklin, NC

#4 Dec 8, 2009
When did this happen and where?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 8, 2009
This past spring in Cullowhee. There was a few break-ins in this area with no results.
ANON wrote:
When did this happen and where?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 8, 2009
Sorry, it submitted before I was finished.
ANON

Franklin, NC

#7 Dec 9, 2009
Lots of votes but not many comments.
Amy

United States

#8 Dec 10, 2009
I see that. I guess they just vote with no opinions to share. To bad, it would help others that do not know which way to go or do not know any of the candidates.
ANON

Franklin, NC

#9 Dec 11, 2009
For those of us who don't know any of these canidates and want to make an informed vote, can someone post some information?
Justice

United States

#10 Jan 9, 2010
I do not see any info on here about the candidates, just vote!
JacksonCountyCor ruption

United States

#11 Jan 19, 2010
Personally, I hope that Gunnels wins as he has seven years of experience in law enforcement (Rhinehart doesn't) and he seems to be prepared. Though he may not have the experience of Asshe, Asshe's salary is highly overpayed. The county is currently paying him $103,501.17 per year. Asshe will get another $2,000 each year he adds to his current experience. Gunnels seven years will only cost the county $69,653. So the question is, does Asshe worth $36,000 more in tax payer dollars. There have been a lot of scandals surface concerning Asshe's inability or disregard of investigations into certain reports. I also don't think Jackson County is any better off now than before Asshe took office. Asshe is making more than any other county around, many of which have larger populations and higher expenses. I say vote in Gunnels and save $36K, maybe then the county commissioners can do something worth while with the extra cash.

Judged:

16

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BumbleBee

Fletcher, NC

#12 Jan 19, 2010
I must say when I have needed Jimmy Ashe, he has been there. I also think that him being at the football games is awesome! To bad more people in Jackson county don't support the mustangs, they sure could use it, but that gets off the subject of sheriff and points fingers at the awful school administration. The school board needs changed more than sheriff. The way this poll looks, Jimmy isn't going to have a hard time getting back in.
James

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2010
I know for a fact that when Robin Gunnels worked for the Sheriffs Dept. he had more arrest then any officer in the county and when Ashe was appointed Sheriff he demoted Mr. Gunnels to jailer.(Jealously) So, Mr. Gunnels quit. Nice of him to do such a thing to a dedicated officer. It is time for a Sheriff that cares about the community and it's safety. Also, some one that is honest and capable of doing the right thing, instead of being crooked and taking payoffs.
full of it

Waterloo, IA

#14 Jan 20, 2010
James wrote:
I know for a fact that when Robin Gunnels worked for the Sheriffs Dept. he had more arrest then any officer in the county and when Ashe was appointed Sheriff he demoted Mr. Gunnels to jailer.(Jealously) So, Mr. Gunnels quit. Nice of him to do such a thing to a dedicated officer. It is time for a Sheriff that cares about the community and it's safety. Also, some one that is honest and capable of doing the right thing, instead of being crooked and taking payoffs.
You are full of sh#t! Good luck with that Gunnels thing,he doesnt have a chance.
BumbleBee

Fletcher, NC

#15 Jan 21, 2010
I don't understand why people say "someone that cares about the community", Jimmy does care about the community and he treats people with respect. I think people are just pissed about his salary or because something didn't go their way. When I hear "more arrest", that doesn't impress me one ounce, sometime compassion is a better solution than I am a big dog throw the book at 'em. If Mr. Gunnels was so dedicated, he would have hung in there. That tells me that if backed in a corner, he would bail out. Not saying that Mr. Gunnels isn't a good man, but Jimmy is best for the job!
Voter for Jim

Waterloo, IA

#16 Jan 21, 2010
BumbleBee wrote:
I don't understand why people say "someone that cares about the community", Jimmy does care about the community and he treats people with respect. I think people are just pissed about his salary or because something didn't go their way. When I hear "more arrest", that doesn't impress me one ounce, sometime compassion is a better solution than I am a big dog throw the book at 'em. If Mr. Gunnels was so dedicated, he would have hung in there. That tells me that if backed in a corner, he would bail out. Not saying that Mr. Gunnels isn't a good man, but Jimmy is best for the job!
I couldnt have said it better myself,I agree with you 100%!
Concerned

United States

#17 Jan 21, 2010
The truth will come out soon enough. There are a lot of skeletons in the closet. People will be shocked and others already know but scared to talk about any of it in fear of their safety.
Help

United States

#18 Jan 21, 2010
I do not understand. People are saying bad things about some of the candidates but not giving any info on any of them. To vote or not. I see signs posted in places in town but no information on anyone. Can anyone show some light on any of this please.
BumbleBee

Fletcher, NC

#19 Jan 22, 2010
Concerned wrote:
The truth will come out soon enough. There are a lot of skeletons in the closet. People will be shocked and others already know but scared to talk about any of it in fear of their safety.
Well you could tell us, no one will know whom you are. I mean this sounds pretty serious if people are concerned for their life. Its actually hard to believe that something that serious would be going on in the big city of Sylva!
What Not

United States

#20 Jan 22, 2010
Litl wrote:
We know Robin Gunnels & his family personally. They are good people.
We also know Jimmy Ashe. When we were broken into we really needed Jimmy Ashes help & he ignored it, he said it was an isolated incident & did nothing to the people that did it. There was also an eye witness to the event with the description of the criminals & their vehicle. With other peoples help we found out where the criminals lived & we told Ashe. It took 2 weeks after informing Ashe for him to assign a detective to the case.( The criminals were living here illegally in this country. They also had no IDs.) He said that they did nothing illegal & dropped the case. This has happened to many people that has needed his help. He does not do his job required by law, nor does he care. Knowing we have a Sheriff that does not uphold the law & protect its law abiding citizens is very frightening. It is time for a change for the better.
We deserve to at least give some one else a chance, for to keep things as they are we will fall apart to crime & will never be safe in our own homes, little long outside of there. I believe Robin Gunnels will do a much better job. He deserves a chance. Him & his family have good hearts. He will do what is right.
<quoted text>
Jim Ashe has been in law enforcement for almost 30 years. I doubt anyone knows more about the laws of NC than him. Why should we give Mr. Gunnel's a "chance" when we currently have proven experience? "Knowing" someone has broken the law and proving it are two different things. I'm sorry about your situation but would you rather the sheriff just go around arresting people without warrants and probable cause or follow the law himself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 71
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cullowhee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to Franklin? (Aug '11) 3 hr The Peanut Gallery 286
Bowery and Lazy Hiker, dirty hikers or homeless... 3 hr The Peanut Gallery 7
Why is Bobby Coggins news media excluded? (Mar '15) 3 hr The Peanut Gallery 24
Alex Jones (Scotty) (Aug '12) May 20 Pleasehelp 5
Does anyone know him? May 3 Curious0413 1
Getting away with murder (Mar '15) May 2 Charles Jenkins 3
News Guards Demand That Middle School Choir Get Perm... Apr 26 FancyButtPirate 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cullowhee Mortgages