State Police getting a bit overbearing?

State Police getting a bit overbearing?

Posted in the Cullowhee Forum

Not surprised

Mars Hill, NC

#1 Apr 23, 2011
Is it just me? I confess that my foot is a bit heavy, and I've been stopped (with good reason) a number of times and received a warning. Now, it seems like warnings are history and every infraction is a ticket. Is anyone else noticing this trend, or am I just imagining this? The last time, I was trying to get a woman home because she needed her nebulizer (a breather assist for those with compromised breathing) and my reward was a speeding ticket. I'm a bit upset by this and will take it to court, but I was just wondering if anyone else is noticing a trend of heavy-handedness on the part of state troopers.
Rod

Danville, KY

#2 Apr 29, 2011
They are getting younger, aren't they.
What do you expect ......BUT a BUNCH of Smart-azzes.
Not surprised

Burnsville, NC

#3 May 1, 2011
Not particularly helpful, Rod, especially in view of the fact that you don't even live in this state.
Rod

Danville, KY

#4 May 1, 2011
Not surprised wrote:
Not particularly helpful, Rod, especially in view of the fact that you don't even live in this state.
They have State Patrolmen/women in every State, don't they?:)
watching this to

Arden, NC

#5 May 4, 2011
My problem with the State Patrol lately is that they break the laws on a routine basis and nothing ever done to them. Sure, there's good and bad out there. Just seems lately that more and more troopers are cocky, arogant, and think they're above the law! Unfortunately they also get away with most things!
timmy

Sylva, NC

#6 May 12, 2011
believe they have been like that for years. Just their job.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 May 13, 2011
State Trooper

United States

#8 Jun 1, 2011
LISTEN UP PUNKS, GIVE ME YOUR TAG NUMBERS AND I'LL BUST EVERYONE OF YOU LOOSERS.
spell_checker

Andrews, NC

#9 Jul 31, 2011
I think you meant to say LOSERS, not loosers!!!
Not surprised

Burnsville, NC

#10 Aug 7, 2011
Whoever the wannabe calling himself State Trooper is, I sincerely hope he/it is not. At least learn to spell before you impersonate an officer. Good grief.
glawd

Greer, SC

#11 Aug 29, 2011
When I was a student at WCU, I got pulled by a trooper for having a headlight out. Didn't bother me until I noticed HE had a headlight out as well. I pointed it out to him and his reply was "I'm a patrolman" and gave me a ticket. Jerk!
taggit

Greer, SC

#12 Aug 29, 2011
State Trooper wrote:
LISTEN UP PUNKS, GIVE ME YOUR TAG NUMBERS AND I'LL BUST EVERYONE OF YOU LOOSERS.
My tag says HEYPIGGY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cullowhee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin is not a welcoming town (Oct '12) Oct 15 Skyman 28
CATV internet service Oct 8 Rich 1
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Oct 6 Wetinpantyhose 67
Blacks ( our own ISIS) Oct 6 Wetinpantyhose 2
News NC officials seek comment on fracking rules (Aug '14) Sep 28 Stickney 3
Who can tell about luke stinnett Sep 20 Ashley1002 1
News 6-year-old drowns in indoor hotel pool in North... Sep 17 evie 1

Cullowhee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance