Yoakum teen found dead on school play...

Yoakum teen found dead on school playground

There are 23 comments on the The Victoria Advocate story from Jun 28, 2006, titled Yoakum teen found dead on school playground. In it, The Victoria Advocate reports that:

Dero Maurice Wright Jr., 18, of Yoakum was discovered hanging from a tetherball rope Wednesday morning on the playground at Yoakum Intermediate School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Victoria Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2006
i didn't know this kid but my sister did and what I have heard he sounded like a good kid. I pray for the family that lost this loved one. Only we know he will be greatly missed.
Chris

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2006
Rip Dero
yoakum2

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 26, 2009
i went to school with this guy. i just want to know how can u break ur own ribs and hang ur self to a tetherball pole? he didnt do it himself theres was people there and they did it
samantha beasley ochoa

Waco, TX

#4 Feb 19, 2010
this kid waz lk every ones best friend he will be missed. lord i pray 4 his family be with them n bless them. I love you ro.
Love always n 4 ever
Samantha Ochoa
lilloca

Waco, TX

#5 Feb 19, 2010
this boy waz lk every ones best friend. He will be missed.
Love Alwayz n 4 Ever
Samantha Ochoa
Jen

United States

#6 May 10, 2010
how sad, hang tight to your kids no matter how old they get.. may he r.i.p.
David

Rio Grande City, TX

#7 Jul 9, 2010
It's none of my business...I live near McAllen, but enjoy your area greatly, driving out of the way several score miles just to pass through on my way to visit my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters in Round Rock occasionally.
To me it is apparent that he was "gang-thugged" by cowardly ruffians. The constabulary in your town would know the signs and types of injuries....as would the funeral director. In a town of this size....it is almost certain that someone has informed the constabulary about this possibility.
Is there any news? I would like to know.
[email protected]
jar

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2011
David wrote:
It's none of my business...I live near McAllen, but enjoy your area greatly, driving out of the way several score miles just to pass through on my way to visit my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters in Round Rock occasionally.
To me it is apparent that he was "gang-thugged" by cowardly ruffians. The constabulary in your town would know the signs and types of injuries....as would the funeral director. In a town of this size....it is almost certain that someone has informed the constabulary about this possibility.
Is there any news? I would like to know.
[email protected]
i have been trying to fight for this case to be re-looked at. i have found that his clothing was burned in at the funeral home. also a officer at the time can to us and told us that the police dept was hiding things about what was doing on. now the funeral home has closed down and now we or i am getting dead ends.
[email protected]
David

Mcallen, TX

#9 Jan 20, 2011
Jar,
Does the boy have parents? An legally empowered responsible adult who was in charge of the boy? How could the funeral home burn clothes that were directly involved in a chain of evidence situation? How could the boy have broken ribs unless he had kicks or blunt force (baseball bat, heavy aluminum or steel pipe,etc.)
If the police do not forward the case's investigation, you should go to Austin and seek a meeting with a Texas Ranger. Speak privately to a Texas Ranger, because they are about the only ones who can jump start such an investigation if there is any possibility of a cover-up....like if there are "important peoples'" children involved in the killing or something of that nature. I really feel bad for you folks....First be certain that the deceased did not have something in his life that would have exposed him to this brutality that he might have brought upon himself. Be honest with yourselves when you evaluate his last six months of life in particular. Find out as well if he mentioned that he was being tormented or threatened by anyone in the last two months of his life.
Good Luck....May the Peace of the Lord find you and give you Peace.
jar

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2011
yes, he does have parents. he was my 1st cousin. i have went as far as talk to the FBI and they were going to look into it. also the report doesnt talk about broken ribs. i have it with me. also this was about a girl. you see my cousin was 1/2 hispanic and 1/2 black. the girl that he was with was white. all we know was there was a few boys that didnt like this idea. also we know that these boys went to the cops in this town and told them what happen. also this cop told him the boy that he didnt do it and dero did this to himself.now we can not find the boys. how do we know this? one of the cops told us.he also told us to be careful on what the police dept. tells us.
David

Mcallen, TX

#11 Jan 24, 2011
You needed to advise everyone on this screed that you have already talked to the FBI. If you have taken that step, then things will happen. It will take forever....especially in the eyes of a younger person.....but the FBI will gradually collect data at the edge of the case...witnesses, rumours, informants...etc., and then steadily circle into the meat of the case. If it is a murder case, then there is no statute of limitations. They can file charges or refer findings to State of Texas prosecutors 3 years from now....or 20 years from now. If I were you, I would stop talking about this now. I would respond only to Texas Rangers or the FBI. You will only damage the case if you try to become directly involved.
Understand that as the case sits right now, the vast majority of the Anglos and Czechs and Polish folks will side with you if they are not pushed into some kind of an ethnic dispute. Even the ones who do not agree with Blacks dating Whites. I know them well. They will say..."It's nobody's business who is dating whom, even if I don't like it." Or, they will say "You don't beat somebody to death over a thing like this." A lot of them are just plain opposed to lethal force being used outside of self-defense.
So, don't alienate people by making this a racial or ethnic thing. Have patience. Do not brood on this. I am at least 3 times older than you and have seen the proof of following my advice, herein given, works in the medium and long term, almost always.
Take care of yourself...and any family for which you are responsible...and leave this matter to the FBI...and/or the Texas Rangers. Speak only to them...not to me, not to anyone else at this point.
Thanks for your attention and time!
the family

Victoria, TX

#12 Jun 8, 2011
jar wrote:
<quoted text>
i have been trying to fight for this case to be re-looked at. i have found that his clothing was burned in at the funeral home. also a officer at the time can to us and told us that the police dept was hiding things about what was doing on. now the funeral home has closed down and now we or i am getting dead ends.
[email protected]
this is his family as i can say and speek for the family i can say to every body out there my brother did not do this to himself he would never had done this my brother was a angel to most of the people that he has ever meet, i loved him with all my heart and the family tried to get people to find out the truth but nobody could all that we heard was that people had went in there to tell the truth about what happened but the police didnt want to hear about it and the things that people would come over and explain to use how they knew that he would of never of done this i believe that some one has done this to him and i believe that if we could get something done that they will always come to a dead end because the police force are all working together to make sure a small town will not get put out there like that as they say an officer said its just another n**** down who cares
the family

Victoria, TX

#13 Jun 8, 2011
David wrote:
Jar,
Does the boy have parents? An legally empowered responsible adult who was in charge of the boy? How could the funeral home burn clothes that were directly involved in a chain of evidence situation? How could the boy have broken ribs unless he had kicks or blunt force (baseball bat, heavy aluminum or steel pipe,etc.)
If the police do not forward the case's investigation, you should go to Austin and seek a meeting with a Texas Ranger. Speak privately to a Texas Ranger, because they are about the only ones who can jump start such an investigation if there is any possibility of a cover-up....like if there are "important peoples'" children involved in the killing or something of that nature. I really feel bad for you folks....First be certain that the deceased did not have something in his life that would have exposed him to this brutality that he might have brought upon himself. Be honest with yourselves when you evaluate his last six months of life in particular. Find out as well if he mentioned that he was being tormented or threatened by anyone in the last two months of his life.
Good Luck....May the Peace of the Lord find you and give you Peace.
yes he has family i am one, the funeral said they had to burn his clothes because of the fieces on the clothes all they gave us was his wallet and a broke cell phone with no sims card
the family

Victoria, TX

#14 Jun 8, 2011
we where going to find a texas ranger but some one told us that the texas ranger in austin and victoria are the head guy at the police stations best friend and we do not want any body that knows any of the officers in yoakum but one day we know the lord will provide us with someone who will find out the truth
gwright

Goliad, TX

#15 Jun 29, 2011
He was my bro on my dad side n although I didn't get to know him as well as I'd like evry year around the time of his death gets very hard for me. its a painful thing to see ur father mourn the lost of his child n not have any real answers on what happened that night. he was my baby bro n u never want to lose somebody close to u n that kind of way. i look at face evry night before i go to bed n evry morning when i wake up. i have his photos hanging over the head of my bed
family friend

Victoria, TX

#16 Aug 5, 2011
how can we help this family i want his mother to have peace we all know that he did not do it he was happy n he love his family he wood not put his mom threw this he loved his mom n sisters n his brother two days before he die two boys want to beat him but his friends took care of the boys n the third day dero happens to hang himself that not rite n the f... girl says she talk to him the tonite before this happen why didnt she call the police n tell them what he was going to do she could had help her but turn the other way pls help us help the family help his mom she knows in her heart that he didnt do it pray for all of them he loved us help out please
Friend

Frisco, TX

#17 Jun 7, 2012
Miss you Dero ):
Forever in our HEARTS
<3 manda
ytm1

United States

#18 Jul 12, 2012
Dr frost was his caregiver and from what I hear, didn't pursue the matter.
ytm1

United States

#19 Jul 12, 2012
ytm1 wrote:
Dr frost was his caregiver and from what I hear, didn't pursue the matter.
I mean Dr. Drost. He takes in kids.
Yoakum am18

United States

#20 Sep 3, 2013
Go to google the tv show cold justice is solving cases that have been ruled out as suicide they are really good they just did a case in cuero tx, they should be able to help his family figure out what really happened I went to school with dero and he is still missed dearly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trade nudes Mar 22 Lionjudah91 4
YaYa massage Mar 20 ETM 5
Gamerooms Mar 19 Everywhere 2
Need Help Mar 16 Jen 1
cecilie cantu (Jun '14) Mar 14 Lionjudah91 4
Robby Burdge never had a paper route (Feb '11) Mar 10 The real truth 4
Mungia Mar 8 MUNGIA 1

Cuero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance