What is your opinion of Cudahy??

Posted in the Cudahy Forum

“Thank God I'm out of Cudahy...”

Since: Mar 08

Cudahy, WI

#1 Mar 17, 2008
As I see it, Cudahy is a failing city. Look at Packard Avenue. 20 years ago most of the store fronts were full. Cudahy was a friendly place. As I see it today, most if not all of that is gone. How about the new condos that were built in front of Patrick Cudahy? For a mere $150k+ you can get one. Who in their right mind would want to live on Packard avenue? Not me? Packard avenue seems to be all about taverns and used car lots. I am not even going to touch the Ice Port skeleton behind Ladish.

There have been a few instances lately that have opened my eyes to the true issues that Cudahy has. There was a woman sitting in a car outside of Speedway. I noticed her inject something into her arm. She then began convulsing. A minute after, her husband came out, got into the car and sped away. It is time to move on. What happens with the tannery building when they move out? That will be a pretty nasty eyesore. The city can try to do what they can to turn things around, but I think the city needs true business. True business costs money. Does anyone with money truly want to start a new business in Cudahy? Sure small businesses come in and out of the storefronts, but they rarely last.

I guess this is my long winded attempt to start a relevant discussion. Yes, it is mostly negative but that is how I see it.
David

Mukwonago, WI

#2 Mar 22, 2008
Agree, it is being plagued by the problems of the north side.
David

Mukwonago, WI

#3 Mar 22, 2008
or south milwaukee, I mean
David

Mukwonago, WI

#4 Mar 22, 2008
I don't know actually, who really cares
David

Mukwonago, WI

#5 Mar 22, 2008
LOL
Discriminator

Cudahy, WI

#7 May 6, 2008
Cudahy is getting darker. As the nation darkens so does our future. If we want a brighter world and future it takes a Whiter world and future. The nation needs to fight racial pollution via racial cleansing.
Justine

Youngstown, OH

#8 May 9, 2008
Discriminator wrote:
Cudahy is getting darker. As the nation darkens so does our future. If we want a brighter world and future it takes a Whiter world and future. The nation needs to fight racial pollution via racial cleansing.
Move to the top of a mountain far far away, unless you are racist against goats too.
mark

AOL

#9 May 9, 2008
cudahy wants to be the condo city since they dont want the walmart they most likely want more room for condo,s just think condos on packard ave and condos on layton thats milwaukee countys washed up supervisors that get elected to mayor to build the condo city in cudahy
Cudahatian

Oak Creek, WI

#10 Mar 26, 2009
I moved here about 20 years ago. Love it. Love my neighbors. Love my friends. I'm outta the flight path and far enough away from the hammer that we can't feel it drop. Our lawns are cut and our streets are clean. Our city services are affordable and second to none. Our cops are the best in my opinion. The Fire Dept. is top knotch too. The schools are okay I guess.(I really don't know.) I know the friendly ladies down at the Post Office and I am finally getting used to the remodeled Pic and Save. I might just live the rest of my life here.

On the other hand, there's Packard Avenue. I prefer to look at that as being somewhat eclectic. A world in and of itself. I think all tourists in Wisconsin should experience at least one Packard Avenue pub crawl and bring along their camera's. Packard Avenue is a culture of it's own.(So is that green stuff growing in the refrigerator. LOL!)

I really would like to see Packard Ave clean up a bit and present some old world class. It could be the next Bourbon Street if managed correctly. But it would take a lotta bucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cudahy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milwaukee's economic downturn 2 hr Big Johnson 2
News Milwaukee Police Chief testifies at Christopher... 10 hr Bite me 4
Milwaukee - An embarassing dump (Jan '07) 10 hr Bite me 24
Athena Tennis Girl Censored After Feminist Hiss... Wed Thoughts 2
News Appeal hearing begins for fired Milwaukee cop Mar 22 Dan in Milwaukee 1
Lie Before Sex Mar 22 Jake From State Farm 3
Cudahy Music Forum (Nov '12) Dec '14 Musikologist 10
Cudahy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web