Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

When one cannot get back to the old hometown often, sites like Topix are a great way to check in. I check in on Blan on the Topix site now and then and it seems there are two types of posts:
1. Complainers trying to trash those who protect, serve and/or maintain the town.
2. Illiterate attempts to smear enemies.
When I see other town Topix posts, there are more intelligent discussions, community interest topics, even debates about local sports.
Blan has perfectly good schools, plenty of churches and many people who grew up with a decent childhood here and are smart caring people. Maybe they just don't spend time on Topix.
I would love to know who is in the spring play at the high school,
how the pee-wee soccer teams are doing, what's going on at the community center, how the fireworks are this fourth of July.
How about it, Wildcats? Can you put out some posts that build up community instead of tearing it down?
Now before I post this, I know there may be some haters out there wanting to reply in some negative way because they are wallowing in that mentality. So be it. Those are the people we have to outshine. Let's get to it.
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Have u been in Blanchester lately? Maybe people are complaining about all this crap cause its true. I went to blan schools till I got harassed and bullied so much that I quit and did online schooling, along with a bunch of other people, a few years ago a few of the guy teachers were caught having relationships with students, most of the students are on drugs and i know this cause I've seen it. The cops think they can do whatever the hell they want and harass people for information. One of them even got fired because he over stepped his authority and the cop had to apologize in court for it. They pull u over and think everyone has drugs on them, which I'm sure most of them do. The chief of police lies in court and only is the chief because he's friends with the mayor, no one likes him and everyone complains. They don't care about anyone, they only care about making headlines. This town is over run by drugs, meth labs pop up more then they are busted. Herion has become a huge problem and so has pills and with the drugs have come more sleezy people, basicly everyone sleeps with everyone and no one knows what birthcontrol is, the roads are horrible and tearing up everyones cars, mcdonalds is run by a bunch of teenagers and its discusting to think what they do to the food teenagers are the only ones who seem to be able to get jobs because everyone seems to be a felon and no where in Clinton County hires felons, tthere's nothing to do in this town, nothing for the kids to do, the bowling alley closed so there's not even that to hang out anymore. These kids have nothing better to do around town then vandalize shit and get themselves into drugs and get pregnant. So when u say all that crap u obviously don't realize this is how blan is now. Its gone to shit. Oh and them wonderful July fireworks only last MAYBE 10 mins and prolly don't consist of more then 50 of them because the blan budget has gone who the hell knows where. So um yea i cant actually think of anything good about this town, or fun. My family and I've lived in this town our whole lives and have seen the whole town going down hill fast. Maybe if someone brought in some new jobs and businesses it would get better but businesses seem to come and go before anyone even gets to go to them. Nothing lasts.
JUST ME

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

well i am not from blan but my childs father is grew up here both is parents were outstanding members of this community. his brother was a high school foot ball star we moved to the are about 15 years ago because he was unhappy with the crime and such that go along with big city life we left for about 2 years for job reasons we hve been back now almost three years and are planning to go back to the city where i am from because it is a much happier less depressing place to be i loved blan when we lived here befor it was a beautiful happy community now its just a run down dirty little waste of space mostly over run by drug addicts who could care less about pride i wish more people would take an interest this town could be so much more i will miss my church and some long time friends
GALAXY1

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Sorry Sarah, I didn't mean to insinuate that anyone's complaints are not true.

But...that cannot be all there is to talk about and think about.

Yes I get back from time to time. I skip McDonald's and get ice cream at UDF. I still miss Mugsy's cheesy fries.

I go see my grandparents at the cemetery and still think it's a pretty little cemetery.

I'm proud of how well maintained the middle school (Which was my high school) still looks.

I smile every time I go past the old Haines building, did a bit of trespassing up on the roofs downtown in my day. My brothers led me on some adventures. Yes we went to the police station at least once.

To be honest, there was NEVER much to do. It has always been a small town. Seems like there is more going on for kids than there was in my day. I was never on a sports team until I was a teenager.

Now, as I recall, the criminal types, drug types, usually involved whole families of people and we knew who they were.
They aren't the sort who show up for the high school reunions.

At any rate, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, right?
GALAXY1

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Good luck on your move. Remember, I left too!
I just continue to think good thoughts and wish
the town well, especially when it's struggling.
just me

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

galaxy1 i will alway have great memories here and b glad that kids could play out side in the grass and i have never felt as proud as to watch one of the niece is the school musical annie earier this month and it does give me pride to know my child got to sit an eat an ice cream at dairy point just the way his dad did as a kid. and that they got to go to the same church the grandma was a member of twenty years ago you just dont have that in the city. makes me second guess mving lol
Family

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I don't mean to high jack this thread,but I have been trying to locate family members that I have not seen in over 30 years.I am taking a long shot here in hopes someone may know the relatives I am searching. I have a sister that is 53, her name was Saundra Tonia Carroll Ditterline. There is 2 daughters Esther and Hannah. We lived in Winchester Ohio in a foster home and went to North Adams High School. It may be that she or her daughters live in the Blanchester area. Possibly she has remarried to the name Jasper. My sister and I have not seen each other since we were in our early 20's. My name is Teri. If anyone can help to locate my sister or neices, I would be grateful. 6064020797 It has been a long time search for my sister and hope to reunite. Thank You
gregory jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

There is too many complaining and not enough helping . People in blan should be putting pressure on the state for help. We are just one example of what happens when the state cuts funding. Its going on across ohio. Contact columbus by going to ohio.gov . call them! Let your opinions be heard by people that can fix the problems. Sitting around complaining to each other wont help. John kasich has a twitter account. Its an election year so exposing this situation puts pressure on a govenor trying to get reelected in ohio...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cuba Discussions

Search the Cuba Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Reality Speaks 29,032
Hannah Herron 13 hr Oh no 4
Big News 15 hr Martha 1
cheyanne at arbys 20 hr Karen Mf Cline 4
stolen phone Mon steve 4
Wilmington Music Thread Mon Bill 2
tom mahan (Feb '13) Mon melvin 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cuba Jobs

•••