Tepid response in Miami over Castro retirement

There are 6 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Tepid response in Miami over Castro retirement. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

For more than five decades, Cuban exiles in Miami have waited for the Castro brothers to be out of power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Cubano

Miami, FL

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Many Cubans like myself feel that to replace Castro with a typical corrupt if not purely self serving Miami/Hialeah politco is no better than Fidel so after living outside of Fidels grasp in Miami we realize how politically corrupt we are.
Marco

Miami, FL

#2 Feb 26, 2013
We were a political disaster in Cuba as we are here and this is why it matters not if Castro is replaced or not as the Cuban political corruption will continue.

'Elena Diaz, a Cuban-American whose parents immigrated to Miami when she was a baby says,'This is the way it was in Cuba before Fidel Castro. I heard my parents talk about it that country was so corrupt. Corruption's what actually destroyed it and now they're doing the same thing here.'

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publ...

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Cubano wrote:
Many Cubans like myself feel that to replace Castro with a typical corrupt if not purely self serving Miami/Hialeah politco is no better than Fidel so after living outside of Fidels grasp in Miami we realize how politically corrupt we are.
You are NOT a cuban!You are just an antiAmerican brown scumbag!
Cubano

Miami, FL

#4 Feb 26, 2013
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are NOT a cuban!You are just an antiAmerican brown scumbag!
Soy puro cubano and the anti-American separatist scumbags are your ilk, you have "thanked" USA for saving your lives with this behaviour-

"The Cuban community that doesn’t care about corruption when it casts its vote was critically portrayed by most leading city columnists and others, Cuban and otherwise. Robert Steinback, a Black Miami Herald columnist, said the Cuban community is gullible. Liz Balmaseda calls it “a knee-jerk majority” that would elect a hamster wearing a Cuba Libre T-shirt, and,“They only cared that he was Cuban.”

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Cubano

Miami, FL

#5 Feb 26, 2013
You are full of separatist hate for this country.

The late Jorge Mas Canosa, the undeniably powerful founder of the right-wing Cuban American National Foundation, was a major force in setting in motion the infiltration of these problems into the fabric of South Florida government and exile persuasion. His company, Church & Tower (which was under investigation in a $3.9 million road-paving scandal with the county water and waste department), and his political foundation successfully put pressure on virtually every level of government to obtain not only business, but to advance the separatist objective of its leader—his return to Havana, post Castro. One of Mas Canosa’s most profound statements against assimilation of the Cuban-exile culture into the American tradition of cooperative ethnic heritage was made in a 1992 interview with The Miami Herald:

“I have never assimilated. I never intend to. I am a Cuban first. I live here only as an extension of Cuba.”

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Cubano wrote:
You are full of separatist hate for this country.
The late Jorge Mas Canosa, the undeniably powerful founder of the right-wing Cuban American National Foundation, was a major force in setting in motion the infiltration of these problems into the fabric of South Florida government and exile persuasion. His company, Church & Tower (which was under investigation in a $3.9 million road-paving scandal with the county water and waste department), and his political foundation successfully put pressure on virtually every level of government to obtain not only business, but to advance the separatist objective of its leader—his return to Havana, post Castro. One of Mas Canosa’s most profound statements against assimilation of the Cuban-exile culture into the American tradition of cooperative ethnic heritage was made in a 1992 interview with The Miami Herald:
“I have never assimilated. I never intend to. I am a Cuban first. I live here only as an extension of Cuba.”
Lady stop the bullshit and please stop posting you old repetitive boring posts and your viruses infested websites!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wilmington swingers 12 hr deadserious 5
Lindsay 12 hr deadserious 2
Poll Come the 2016 election for a new town mayor wil... 13 hr Curving for change 0
Jessi Haynes 21 hr auto Magic 1
Shawn Myers, Jason Snell & Shawn Hill (Apr '11) Sat chipmunkcheeks 23
April Branden Sat Paul Derringer 1
damons Sat yup 3
More from around the web

Cuba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]