Recording Cuba's rappers: 'Liberaci n'

Full story: Newsday

Chris Murphy is a 53-year-old Australian best known for managing international rock stars INXS, but in 2002 he found himself in a confrontation with a Cuban government official in Havana.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2008
Dorys

Leicester, UK

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I am a Cuban. What you saw in the Cuban streets is called happines , contentment and satisfaction. Cubans also have a good work/life balance.Something that I hardly ever see where I live now. After living in a capitalist society for sometime, I felt more inclined to believe that an impressive pay slip is not important...

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

Since: Sep 07

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#2 Feb 7, 2008
Dorys wrote:
I am a Cuban. What you saw in the Cuban streets is called happines , contentment and satisfaction. Cubans also have a good work/life balance.Something that I hardly ever see where I live now. After living in a capitalist society for sometime, I felt more inclined to believe that an impressive pay slip is not important...
I guess that's why they have restrictions on leaving the island. If the Cubans were allowed to leave, only the gov would stay.
MARIA CHAMBERS

Rochdale, UK

#3 Feb 8, 2008
please get back to me on mariapchambers@hotmail.com as have some good contacts in cuba - lived there for 2 years and am there again in march this year!
Andrew DAngelo

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Feb 8, 2008
C(rap) is not music. No big deal. The whole c(rap) scene is mealy mouthed monkeys.

“FREEDOM, TRUTH& JUSTICE!”

Whereever Freedom Dwells !

#5 Feb 8, 2008
Andrew DAngelo wrote:
C(rap) is not music. No big deal. The whole c(rap) scene is mealy mouthed monkeys.
WELL SAID!

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#6 Feb 8, 2008
Dorys wrote:
MY ADVICE,JUST GO BACK TO CUBA.!DO YOU CALL A $12 A MONTH SALARY A GOOD WORK?DO YOU CALL A DOCTOR ,THAT HAS TO WORK AS A HOTEL BELLBOY 'LIFE BALANCE'?GOOD TRY,BUY I'M SURE YOU CAN'T BE A CUBAN!

#7 Feb 8, 2008

#8 Feb 8, 2008
channe_armstrong

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 29, 2008
hey u guys are really cool
channe_armstrong

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Apr 29, 2008
hey u guys are really kool

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 17 hr Lol 16,781
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
China, Cuba to further advance ties Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 24
What ever happend with Bill Chase? (Feb '12) Aug 19 Hello 13
Unsafe person Aug 19 Hello 4
Franklinville Principal (Jun '12) Aug 13 Hello 13
Commentary: Obama's Cuba policy: Washington's P... Aug 12 Devin Blades 4
•••
•••
•••

Cuba Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••