Embargo as genocide? Cuban horror sto...

Embargo as genocide? Cuban horror story is less simple than it seems

There are 273 comments on the CW11 New York WPIX-TV story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Embargo as genocide? Cuban horror story is less simple than it seems. In it, CW11 New York WPIX-TV reports that:

It was a story meant to captivate the United Nations: A dozen Cuban children with heart defects were forced to endure unnecessary surgery because the U.S. embargo blocked them from receiving American-made catheters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CW11 New York WPIX-TV.

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#259 Dec 16, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>QUE CASULIDAD EL UNICO QUE ES BONITO CUERDO JOVEN HONRADO E INTELIGENTE ..ERES tu.... eres todo un estuchito
Si y estoy lleno de sorpresas

Location hidden

#260 Dec 16, 2009
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, LIEger, ask Marie if I said anything of the kind to her. Then, after, she tells you that you're wrong on this one, I expect a full and complete apology on this site. Tonight! I've already sent a copy to one of my former students who works in the Justice Department. I also sent a copy to the best attorney at one of the big three law firms on Wall Street who was a student at Harvard Law School when I was a graduate student at Harvard (I was best man in his wedding). Between the two of them, they have informed me that even though this is a 'nameless' website where one is free to go a bit too far from time to time, there are limits and when those limits are violated, a law suit can be in order. They've already begun (on a pro-bono basis) to start proceedings against you (they each have law clerks and associates under them). My guess is they'll be filing a suit in Florida, NY, and NJ at some point by the end of this week or the first of next week. They know enough judges in federal and state courts throughout the east coast (they went to law schools with many of them) to be able to get access to your on-line Topix files in short order. So, a word to the wise: 1) apologize to me publically...now and 2) stop this crap now!
He is a proud Cuban Christian...he won't do it
open mind

San Bernardino, CA

#261 Dec 16, 2009
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>He is a proud Cuban Christian...he won't do it
That will not be an acceptable defense in a court of law...or anywhere else for that matter. If you made a mistake, own up to it. It you said something inappropriate and wrong about another person, admit it. Every religion on the planet has those same basic tenets. Cuban Christianity is no different. He goofed up big time...really badly. He must apologize. Ego has '...Thems the rules of the game', in life or even if you're just playing around. There are some mistakes and misstatements that are too far over the edge.
Hormiguita poderosa

United States

#262 Dec 16, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>QUE CASULIDAD EL UNICO QUE ES BONITO CUERDO JOVEN HONRADO E INTELIGENTE ..ERES tu.... eres todo un estuchito
Que envidiosa la mujer esta no?
Hormiguita poderosa

United States

#263 Dec 16, 2009
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
That will not be an acceptable defense in a court of law...or anywhere else for that matter. If you made a mistake, own up to it. It you said something inappropriate and wrong about another person, admit it. Every religion on the planet has those same basic tenets. Cuban Christianity is no different. He goofed up big time...really badly. He must apologize. Ego has '...Thems the rules of the game', in life or even if you're just playing around. There are some mistakes and misstatements that are too far over the edge.
I will like to see them 3 in jail were they belong

“HURT ME & MAKE ME STRONGER!”

Since: Nov 08

Where Freedom Dwells!

#264 Dec 17, 2009
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if the TRUTH hurts! CO used sexually abusive language towards Marie's children!!!!!!!!!!

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#265 Dec 17, 2009
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>Si y estoy lleno de sorpresas
me imagino ya sabiendo que eres un horrible enano pobreton!
The Compassionate One

Raeford, NC

#266 Dec 17, 2009
LigerOmniPotentMaxx wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry if the TRUTH hurts! CO used sexually abusive language towards Marie's children!!!!!!!!!!
You've used "defamation of character" language against OM!!!!!!!!!!
open mind

San Bernardino, CA

#267 Dec 17, 2009
LigerOmniPotentMaxx wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry if the TRUTH hurts! CO used sexually abusive language towards Marie's children!!!!!!!!!!
It really is simple. All he has to do is say :'...OM, I am sorry. I was wrong in what I said.' Period. No flowers required. Don't need any music. Just the words that he was wrong and he apologizes. That's it. That's all it will take. I'm betting he can't do it. It just isn't in him. He is NOT capable of EVER admitting that he made a mistake and said something that was wrong. Geez. What kind of human being is not capable of doing that? LIEger, you should be ashamed but that would require a level of decency and humanity that you evidently do not possess.
The Compassionate One

Raeford, NC

#269 Dec 17, 2009
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is simple. All he has to do is say :'...OM, I am sorry. I was wrong in what I said.' Period. No flowers required. Don't need any music. Just the words that he was wrong and he apologizes. That's it. That's all it will take. I'm betting he can't do it. It just isn't in him. He is NOT capable of EVER admitting that he made a mistake and said something that was wrong. Geez. What kind of human being is not capable of doing that? LIEger, you should be ashamed but that would require a level of decency and humanity that you evidently do not possess.
You have given the final outcome - LOPM's apology "would require a level of decency and humanity that "he" evidently does not possess!" "Pride proceeds a great fall!" CO's Revised Version
open mind

San Bernardino, CA

#270 Dec 17, 2009
The Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>You have given the final outcome - LOPM's apology "would require a level of decency and humanity that "he" evidently does not possess!" "Pride proceeds a great fall!" CO's Revised Version
That's a good version. How about OM's NRSV:'...Stupidity and ignorance will cause a stumble. Pride causes the fall.' Now that works for me. Fits LIEger perfectly.

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#272 Dec 17, 2009
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good version. How about OM's NRSV:'...Stupidity and ignorance will cause a stumble. Pride causes the fall.' Now that works for me. Fits LIEger perfectly.
The website was from Sparta, Georgia Check & see. My unregistered name was used. CG if he believed it was me, should have attacked me, not Marie's children. That is sexual verbal abuse towards minors.!!!!!!!!!
The Compassionate One

Raeford, NC

#273 Dec 17, 2009
LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM wrote:
<quoted text>The website was from Sparta, Georgia Check & see. My unregistered name was used. CG if he believed it was me, should have attacked me, not Marie's children. That is sexual verbal abuse towards minors.!!!!!!!!!
More Dog E. Fart shyt!!!!!!!!
WE JUST DONT CARE

Miami, FL

#274 Dec 17, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Todo lo que vien de Dave no se asimila.!!
Acuerdo hermano.

Yo si quiero darte algo que yo traje con migo de Cuba que tu vas a poder "asimila".

Location hidden

#275 Dec 17, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>me imagino ya sabiendo que eres un horrible enano pobreton!
En tu mente morbosa si. En la vida real no

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#276 Dec 17, 2009
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>En tu mente morbosa si. En la vida real no
Tienes razon.En la vida real eres peor,eres un enano pato y pedofilo!
Bermudez

Miami, FL

#277 Dec 18, 2009
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm muchos de los Venezolanos en Doral son mas alto que los Cubanos .

Yo conozco a un Cubano aqui que . El es de NY tiene 5 "10" nada mas lol. El es un enano y pato pero no ser si es pedofilo.

Location hidden

#278 Dec 18, 2009
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
No es cierto pero solo una pu ta pudo haber parido also como tu

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#279 Dec 18, 2009
Bermudez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm muchos de los Venezolanos en Doral son mas alto que los Cubanos .
Yo conozco a un Cubano aqui que . El es de NY tiene 5 "10" nada mas lol. El es un enano y pato pero no ser si es pedofilo.
DEJATE DE PATERIAS INDIO MUELERO.SE TE VE EL PATO POR LA COSTURA!

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#280 Dec 18, 2009
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>No es cierto pero solo una pu ta pudo haber parido also como tu
NO CHEROKEE,YO NO SOY HERMANO TUYO.YO SOY UN CUBANO Y TU NADA MAS LLEGASTES A SER UN INDIO ENANO DE VENEZUELA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Left-Wing Magazine Plans Posh Trip To Castro's ... Jul '15 L I G E R 11
News New Yorkers board first flight to Cuba in over ... Jul '15 L I G E R 4
News Manhunt shifts back to North Country Jun '15 SHarpie Sharperson 2
News Franklinville teens charged in grocery store bu... (Jul '09) Jun '15 Morgan488 61
News Studying abroad, U.S. students catch a wave in ... May '15 Doc Savage 1
News Commentary: A new momentum for the EU-Cuba rela... May '15 lawrence woof 1
What ever happend with Bill Chase? (Feb '12) May '15 wondering 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cuba Mortgages